15485 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, CA, 91403
East West Suites
Hotels.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Sherman Oaks

Morgado (right), lemon cookies and pasteis de cocoMorgado (right), lemon cookies and pasteis de coco

A bit of the famed Portuguese azulejos (tiles)A bit of the famed Portuguese azulejos (tiles)

Square PizzaSquare Pizza

How to get around Sherman Oaks without a car?

by mqhopewell

Hi,

I haven't got a car and not intending to drive around in Sherman Oaks (in England we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm not that confident driving on the right-side).

I'm now in Sherman Oaks until 20th March 2010... what's the best way to get around Sherman Oaks and to get to Hollywood?

Any help is appreciated,

Michael

by bocmaxima

No car in LA? That's crazy!
No, but especially in the Valley. Wow...

If you go north for a couple of miles to Van Nuys, you'll find the Orange Line. That'll take you right to North Hollywood quickly (it has its own right-of-way) where you can catch the subway (Red Line) to get to Hollywood. Why go to Hollywood though?
There are surface street buses that'll get you over there also, one way or another, but because you're going across the mountains and are already fairly far out in Sherman Oaks, it'll likely take you a pretty long time.

Good luck with that.

by travelgourmet

The Metro bus and Metro rail red line will do the trick. Check out the schedule and stops for which bus line number, Metro local line 150 or Metro Rapid 750 to use to get you to the North Hollywood Station for the Rail Red Line that will take you into Hollywood. Go to the website for Metro and look for the M Trip Planner on the right side middle of the home page for Metro. Put in your "from" (Sherman Oaks)and your "to" (Hollywood, as an example). Enter the "Day and Time" and then click on "Plan my Trip". That easy to find the bus line, rail line and streets with stops for each line. Good Luck in car crazy LA. The Metro web site: http://www.mta.net/

by travelgourmet

Colin, Sorry about the duplicate website answer. Didn't see your reply before writing mind. Your reply, "Crazy" not having a car in LA, and my reply, driving in LA is "Crazy", ergo; "everyone in LA is crazy". I live in LA County so that makes me crazy too. lol

Travel Tips for Sherman Oaks

HomeBase

by LCann

"Why live in LA?"

I was born in LA a long time ago, before many of the freeways that cross the land. I have seen fires, mudslides, earthquakes, riots, drought and deluge. I'm still here. What keeps me here? My little house in Sherman Oaks. It's small, but mighty. Nestled up against a mountain it has withstood all above disasters and has had a makeover that is the fulfillment of many of my dreams. I live on the same hill as Beverly Hills, just the other side. I can go to the beach in 20 minutes, Universal Studios in 15, Hollywood in 20, downtown in 30. I can go swimming and skiing on the same day. I can shop in the finest department stores and greatest boutiques. I can see movies in any of 15 areas. I love where I live.
I have arranged my lifestyle to not travel during rush hours. i DO NOT RECOMMEND YOUR MOVING HERE. Sorry, you probably live in a nice place already. Home prices are stratospheric. Some days it takes 1 1/2 hours to get to the beach, an hour to get downtown, triple the normal time to get anywhere in congestion, which can happen literally anytime! Beware.

Comments