Grand Vista Hotel Simi Valley

Grand Vista Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• Business stay was good - pg 2 of 2

Used room service for meals - gave mostly good estimates to delivery. The food was pretty decent to good if you aren't very finicky, but don't expect all hotel restaurants to be at the top of the Zagat rating scale. The menu got repetitive because of the duration of my stay, but I think that for the discounted price, I was happy with the way the hotel serviced my needs.
    Dry cleaning service was good about mending a button and I had no complaints with the presentation and the convenience of same-day service. I would stay there every future visit.

Unique Quality: 118 to: S Madera- Marie Callender, Applebees, Chilis, other eats. Wal Mart, Office Depot, Party America, Home Depot, Costco, K Mart. S Erringer - Vons grocery, AAA office, Hometown Buffet, IHOP, Smart & Final grocery, pet store, video rental, 99c store, Rancho Simi park. LA Avenue has other fast food eats & USPS, FedEx Kinkos and UPS/Mailbox store. S Sycamore - Target, Trader Joes, Albertsons grocery, Ralphs grocery (open 24 hr), Dollar Store, Mervyns, Ross, Sees Candy, Staples, Family Christian. N Sycamore - Hospital.

Directions: 118 to First St, go north and turn left. Go past a gardening center and its on the right side of the street.

• Business stay was good - pg 1 of 2

Summer reservations back in 2004 were frustating. Try the local tel# late in the PM, when its quiet.
    I had an extended business stay at Grand Vista. No complaints about price because of the corporate discount, plus an additional bonus for staying longer than a month which they voluntarily mentioned, then calculated! ISP support was good about working with me to get the Dell laptop chugging. My room was larger, better maintained with nicer furniture and more modern decor than the ones mentioned below.
    I would say that the service was generally good for this level of hotel - its far better than the Posada Royale (too many trainees?), Motel 6 (looked grungy), and Holiday Inn Express (much of the parking lot is too dimly lit.). Last 2 not recommended for solo females coming in late from work. I was happier at the Grand Vista than at the discount chains.
    Once there, the front desk staff was agreeable to my requests to have the carpet steam cleaned (more than once). I landed a sweet location, not far from the coin laundry. I spent most days out of the room; did not have problems sleeping at night. Heater/ac unit makes some background noise (no rattling or weird stuff); was not the loudest I've ever heard, and thankfully, it worked. Should lull babies to sleep.
    Hot water mostly there - maybe because I showered late in the evening. Didnt notice any invasion of critters but I was on 2nd flr. The double BR was a good size, as was the bathrm. Bed was comfy for me; sheets and covers did not have visible soil, nor did I notice any moldy growths - good cleaning staff - so tip them well!
    The toilet backed up 2x, but the service staff usually had it fixed by the next day, else go find the guest WCs downstairs. Layout of lobby and elevators => some walking, so get a cart for heavy/awkward luggage.
    On weekends, there was some noise from pool side guests during the day - no big deal. There's a gym (didn't go); pool looked nice. Easy to get free parking, far away from restaurant which apparently got lively towards the weekend.

Directions: Simi Valley 118 - First Street exit, go north and turn left - its past a gardening center/nursery.

Comments