2550 Erringer Rd, Simi Valley, CA 93065

More about Simi Valley

Johnson era Marine OneJohnson era Marine One

Camp DavidCamp David

Rancho del CieloRancho del Cielo

Looking for the food court:)Looking for the food court:)

Travel Tips for Simi Valley

Simi Valley Tip

by Yubert

The wind at the top of Rocky Peak was blowing between 80 to 90 mph. As you can see from this picture, we're leaning into the wind, otherwise we would have been blown over the top!

This place should have been called Windy Peak.

Simi Valley

by Yaqui

"Air Force One - Proudly served 1973-2001"

I know in my heart that man is good,

That what is right will always eventually triumph,

And there is purpose and worth to each and every life! ~ Ronald Regan

Simi Valley is a very beautiful community and still has the rural feel, yet being close enough to commute to Los Angeles safely and within reason. Over 125,000 resident enjoy being one of the safest cities to live in. Although, boast as being one of few affordable places to live I am afraid this is not the case. It's expensive, yet if you want to shop or visit some of the tourist spots..then be my guest. It's very horsey orientated with loads of trails and this is why I know about it. I have friends who are from there and live there and just love it because of the horsey environment, but hate the fact that is has gotten so expensive to buy a home there and some really strict homeowner associations. Yet, Simi Valley has one of the distinct museums/librarys around. Ronald Regain Presidential Library Musuem! I am not sure if you care whether your a Democrat or Republican, this is a wonderful museum to see. It has some of the most interesting things to see!

"President Ronald Reagan Memorial"

This is a beautiful memorial is in honor of the passing of our 40th President Ronald Regan on June 5, 2004.

Nice place to hang out!

by JAFA-Rease

Caught a plane from Portland, Oregon to Burbank, California. They didn’t lose my luggage this time…

My brother in law picked me up and we headed to his parents house in Simi Valley. On the way we stopped at an “In and Out” to eat. Apparently it’s a prominent hamburger joint in Southern California. We had our burgers “animal style”. It was very reasonably priced and tasty.

After dropping my luggage off we went and cruised around San Fernando Valley (The Valley). We also went to a park called “Corrigan Ville” and walked around. It’s where movies such as “Tarzan” and many westerns were filmed back in the 30’s and 40‘s. The limestone formations were especially interesting.

Apparently Simi Valley was well off the beaten track until 10 – 20 years ago. Kinda like the wild west, where some pretty salty characters lived. They were a rowdy crew who were prone to violence (evidenced by bullet holes in some of the older remaining architecture). They are still referred to by some as “pigfuckers”…

When my sister got off of work we went to a Mexican restaurant in Simi Valley. We rode bikes there and back. The food and service were excellent. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and after just a few margaritas I don’t remember the name of the place. On the way back we were horsing around on the bikes. I took a pretty good spill in the road and had a very sore elbow for about four days. Oh well, nothing another margarita won’t cure ; )

From here we made a scenic trip south to Mexico (see other travel pages).

Comments