1576 Mission Dr., Solvang, California, 93463, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• Sleepless Nights

I was excited bringing my family to Solvang for our most awaited long weekend and was proud to tell them that we are staying to a very nice Inn in the area. But to my disappointments, as well as my family, we were not able to sleep well in two nights because of the warm temperature in the room. The hotel maintenance the next day pushed a button at the thermostat and said now it fixed. During the next evening, we all could not sleep because again of the uncomfortable room temperature. I called the front desk at 3:00AM and no one answered the calls. We were placed in a room behind the main building, thus I have to walk outside our building and walk through the parking lot to go to the front desk so I decided not to, instead we just opened up all the windows. But it was worst because there is an equipment above our room that runs very loud. It was a very uncomfortable stay for a very expensive inn in the area

• Worst hotel experience in recent memory

Checked in after spending the afternoon at a wedding, and was hoping to sit back and relax. I was hungry at the time of check in, and asked the bellman if there were any pizza delivery places. He advised me that there was a Dominos Pizza, so I called and placed an order. Thirty minutes later I received a phone call from the Dominos. Apparently some time between placing my order and the telephone call, the hotel had decided that Dominos was off limits to its guests. This, despite the fact that the hotels employee had advised about the Dominos. To make matters worse, the hotel did not provide room service, and the restaurant had stopped seating an hour before.

In addition to this experince, the room smelled like a mildewy basement and was poorly furnished. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless of course they were a fascist!

Unique Quality: Only place I have ever stayed that will not allow you to have food delivered to your room.

• Solvangs' most romantic Inn

This is the best spot in town, by far. Every morning they put on a breakfast that they call "Continental", but everyone else would call it generous. Boiled eggs, cereals, frest fruit, rolls and pastries from the bakery, cheese, ham, juices- I am always full when I get through. Their rooms are charming. Wallpapered, with sleigh or canopied beds. Extremely clean, and maintained. At night, their breakfast room is transformed into a great dining place. 3 course meals are offered and are exquisite! It is easily the best place in town to eat! Try to get a package deal.

Unique Quality: No pool or Jacuzzi, but none is needed. You are right in the heart of Solvang, which is a shopper's paradise! Lots of safe free parking for hotel guest's only. Classical music is softly played in the hallways...classy. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Solvang is also in the heart of wine country.

Directions: Right on the main street of town.

Comments