Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Rixie's Profile Photo

Nice Rooms, Courteous Staff

Since I live locally, I did not stay here personally. However, I did book a room for relatives as a gift, so I inspected the room and made sure that everything was satisfactory.

Affordable accommodations are hard to find in Sonoma, but this was a good deal, an Internet special: $99 for a king-bedded room (double occupancy) with a fireplace and an in-room coffeemaker.

Unique Quality: The room rate included a Continental breakfast. If you didn't feel like eating in the lobby, you had the option of ordering your breakfast the night before, and having it delivered to your room.

The Inn also had a pool and jacuzzi -- although the weather was too cold to try them out -- free Internet access, and a workout room. Sonoma Plaza is only a block away, and there is a shopping center, the Marketplace, across the street.

My family members were very pleased with this property. They liked their room and were impressed by the courtesy shown to them by the front desk staff. They said that they would like to come back again and would definitely recommend it to others.

Directions: At the corner of West Napa Street, across from the Marketplace

More about Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn

Great location and enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member aboutwalking

I stayed at the BW Sonoma Valley Inn Oct. 8-10, 2006. We arrived early but our room was not ready until the stated check-in time. We were given a parking pass for the car and a key for the courtyard restroom. We took the short stroll to the Plaza, ate lunch, browsed, tasted wine, saw the sights. Then we relaxed in the lovely quiet courtyard at the BW Sonoma Valley Inn until we could check in. It was extremely pleasant and we regretted asking for a 2nd floor room because the courtyard was so nice.

There is no elevator, so be prepared to haul your luggage up the stairs for a second floor room. The balcony was small and the TV was very small. But everything else was spacious.

The high speed internet cable worked fantastic with no fuss. I didn't try the wireless as the network was perfect.

We had a 2-bed room and it was huge, with a fireplace, refrigerator, coffee maker with Starbucks coffee. The bathroom was huge and there was a separate sink area outside the bathroom. It was quiet there during our 2-night stay.

I got a facial at the downstairs spa and it was the best facial I've had to date.

Truly, I can't think of a better location and value for seeing the Sonoma area. You can walk to most of Sonoma from there, which we did. It is also the start point for an AVA volkssport 10K mapped walk, which I enjoyed.

Loved the courtyard pool

by TripAdvisor Member Lainey5

After a long, hot, dusty day on a bike, I was more than happy to check into this hotel and relax in the leafy, courtyard pool area. The rooms were large and ours had a fireplace and balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was only a short walk to the square and main part of town. The only thing I didn't like was lugging my suitcase up a flight of exterior stairs to the second floor. I was dubious about booking into a chain but it had a friendly, cozy feel to it.

Only if your deaf!

by TripAdvisor Member Compumom

We checked in on the spur of the moment for an overnight stay.
We opted for a first floor room because there is no elevator---- WRONG! it was overlooking their 'courtyard' and all you heard was noise. The pool gate clanged, the rolling carts made noise going past. Luckily this all occured within minutes of checking in, so we thankfully found room at another hotel and checked out. For $249 it was a sizeable room, serviceable but not luxurious bathroom and a fireplace. With no soundproofing I think it's a rip-off!

Great hotel - can't get closer to the square

by TripAdvisor Member dawoo

This is a little hidden gem - what's so great about it is it is within walkingdistance of the square - where parking is a premium. Just leave your car at the hotel and walk the short half block to the square. The rooms are always clean and there is usually a little patio to sit out on. The pool and jacuzzi area are great. Once while there they had wine tasting in the lobby - that was fun! I like it for location, location, location, and affordable.

Clean, affordable, location

by TripAdvisor Member bigmaninblack

This is a clean, affordable place located in the main part of town. The rooms are good size and ours had a fire place. The Inn is in Sonoma and near Napa which both are well known for their wineries. The area is a little rural which is great, but the roads can be a little confusing. The staff was helpful in providing a map with driving directions to the exact location we wanted to visit. We would stay there again without hesitation.

great location

by TripAdvisor Member katieinla

everything was great, the room was beautiful (garden king with fireplace), the spa was lovely. there is a little sitting area with tables,chairs and umbrellas out by the spa, the pool was very cold (my only complaint), but it was 90 that week so, it was tolerable. it is walking distance to the sonoma plaza, there are lots of great restaurants and bars on the plaza. our favorite winery was cline.

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member IrishfFan

Very reasonable and the location was key. The hot tub was really nice and relaxing and the fireplace in the room was a nice touch. You get what you pay for really - the fitness center is below par but all you really need to do is hit the bike for an hour to work off the wine you are drinking anyway! I'd stay here again for the price and location. Beds were very comfortable and they bring breakfast to your room although the 3 mornings we were there they never got our order right but it was still pretty good.

Well worth the price

by TripAdvisor Member Morgs_Jo

We thought this hotel was clean, our room was large and well worth the price. The location was perfect, right near the plaza. We were able to walk to many fine restaurants - we especially loved Della Santina - the owner was friendly and the food was wonderful! Our room was spacious - more than we expected. Since we went in the off-season, noise wasn't really a factor. It was raining and the tile sidewalk was slick. Our room was cleaned daily, the staff was cordial if not friendly. We would choose this hotel again.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member adap

We were there with our 2 small children (ages 2 & 5) and loved it!
We had a Garden Room with 2 queens and a fridge. It was clean, nicely & newly decorated, and very spacious. The pool & hot tub were a big hit with our kids! Even the pool was warm enough to go into even though it was February! The Inn's location couldn't beat. We were so close to The Plaza that the kids could easily walk even when tired. The Continental breakfast was good and delivered to our room. Choice of juice, choice of fruit, choice of apricot muffin, bagel & cream cheese, cinamon bun, or raisin scone, and even Starbuck's coffee.
All of our special requests and questions were handled cheerfully. I've never thought highly of chain hotels like Best Western but this stay definitley changed my mind. Use the money you save on this hotel on something fun like a massage, shopping or fancy meal!

Comments