Bungalows 313 Sonoma

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Bungalows 313 Sonoma

Bungalows 313 lovely and charming

by TripAdvisor Member lolamini

I recently stayed at Bungalows 313 for one night. It is truly as wonderful as the other reviews suggest. The woman checking us in was very helpful and gave us a each a glass of refreshing liqueur to welcome us. The room we stayed in was lovely - large, with a tile floor, comfortable king size bed, couch, kitchen, and a large bathroom with a deep tub. Outside the room was a small patio with trees in full bloom and a small table and chairs where we could sit and have wine in the garden. So pretty and charming. The small fridge in the kitchen comes stocked with fresh milk, cream and a bowl of granola, and in the morning they leave a basket of croissants and butter and jam on your front door. Coffee etc. is in the kitchen as well.

The location is just a block off the main square in Sonoma. Perfect for shopping or getting around without driving, but enough off the square to feel quiet and private. All in all a wonderful place to stay - I highly recommend it.

Charming B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Alise

I recently had the opportunity to stay at Bungalows 313 which I enjoyed immensely. This charming B&B is close to Sonoma square (about 1 block) and was just a delightful experience which I hope to repeat. The owners (I believe a mother and daughter team) couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly. I particular enjoyed the home-made granola I was offered for breakfast. Just a pure delight!

What a Place!

by TripAdvisor Member travel1414

Aloha Everyone!

Myself and my assistant recently traveled to Sonoma, California and had the best expierence ever in the Bed and Breakfast, Bungalows 313.
As travel agents we are always looking for the best all around expierence so we may pass that on to our clientel for thier stays.

The owners Denise and Tony Salvo were so very, very accomodating.
Not realizing we were travel agents I can rest assure that each and every guest /clients during their stay will expierence the
same service we had.

We felt so rested after our stay as the beds are truly heavenly. The sheets they chose for the bedding are so comfortable and cozy! And of high quality!

We felt we had a lot of privacy as the owners were non-intrusive.

The food and beverage items they serve are truly delightful and delicious. The granola was so fresh and healtly. They also
served an excellent local cheese called Vella, and with the sourdough bread I just couldn't get enough.

The location is perfect too, very quiet but within just a minutes
walk to all the lovely shops, boutiques and cafe's.

They have truly done it right! I highly recommend your next stay in
Sonoma to be Bungalows 313 as you will be so happy that you did.

Aloha.....Connie from Honolulu, Hawaii

Amazing Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member ElenaG

My husband and I took our first trip to Sonoma and stayed at Brick House Bungalows (Bungalows 313). I couldn't have been more perfect. We wanted something private, charming and in walking distance to nice restaurants. The rooms were beautiful - spacious, very new, clean, updated, stylish. The owners are there to greet you and give you their personal suggestions on dinner, wineries etc. Each morning they left a yummy surprise on our door for breakfast which we ate outside on our own little patio. We walked to our restaurants each night and took long walks in the morning stumbling upon wineries (Ravenswood) and gorgeous sites. We are going back to stay with them as soon as we can.

A perfect choice in Sonoma!!!

by TripAdvisor Member weinerkelli

We stayed at bungalows 313 for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time! This was the second leg of our trip (the first place was at the mountview hotel in calistoga in napa valley) and the details here were MUCH better!! The rooms are individual bungalows, tucked off a side street in Sonoma (hard to find by the way--but worth it when you do), We stayed in the Bella & dolce suites, and both were intimate and beautifully decorated! Each bungalow had at least 2 entrances to private terraces in a small garden-like setting! We felt like we had our own private hideaway, and the location is perfect walking distance to all the restaurants and local wineries!! The innkeepers were very friendly & helpful too (he even gave us great tips on where to get the best local cheese & suggested a good place to picnic) Its obvious they love what they do and love the area!! The authentic details at bungalows 313 are truely worth the stay: a large persimmon tree, dripping with ripe fruit in the back garden...chilled champagne & flutes on arrival to toast our honeymoon...fruit, granola, coffee and cream from a local creamery in our fridge when we arrived...fresh pastries and local cheeses at our door each morning...beautiful linens & candles in old wine bottles in each room...it was the complete opposite of a touristy hotel & better than most b&bs! We felt like were staying in the italian countryside!! Everything was perfect--we enjoyed our stay and wish it could have been longer!!

Perfect Place in Sonoma

by TripAdvisor Member lilsbills

Bungalows 313 in Sonoma California was a perfect place, YES perfect . I was hoping to find accommodations that were not "hotel/motel type" and not the B&B type place where you can hear everything thru the walls and these bungalows exceeded our expectations.. The grounds of the property were so lovely , the bungalows were so chamring and lux and immaculate. There are only six bungalows so it was never noisy or crowed with people. Our room Bella, was great. It has a kingsize bed, gas fireplace, lovely patios, and a stock referig with cream for delicious coffee (also stocked); milk for the homemade granola which was delicious, bottles of OJ, bottled water, then every morrning a surprise basket of more goodies for breakfast hung outside our door by 8 am - oh and on Sunday a little bottle of champagne for mimosas .

The bungalows are 2 blocks off the Sonoma square which made it so easy to walk to and from dinner at the many wonderful restauarants on the square. There was also a wonderful walking/hiking trail just 1/2 block from the bungalow walking thru vineyards to several wineries . We were wine tasting in our jogging clothes by 10 am some mornings. It was so much fun.

The proprietors , Tony and Denise were so accomodating; prepared to organized anything we needed or wanted including shipping wines that we had purchased throughout our visit.

We loved it so much that we rebooked before we left for next October.

Great place, but no air conditioning

by TripAdvisor Member jpcw

Very nice grounds and accomodations. Literally walking distance to lovely downtown Sonoma and it's wonderful restaurants and shops. Owners were very nice and knowledgable with area and wineries. The home-made granola and yogurt were truly divine. Bungalow was well equipped with everything we needed, except air conditioning. Temperatures in July-August can reach into and over the 100's and it was unfortunate that at the price we paid, the Bungalow was not equipped with a/c. We weren't able to truly enjoy the beautiful Bungalow and it's grounds because of the insufferable heat and spent very little time in our room because of this reason only. I would stay there again, but only during milder climates. Buyer beware during the summer!

Mixed emotions - Liked in many ways - We would consider stay again OFF Summer

by TripAdvisor Member thecatsmeow

Stayed in "The Brick House" July 24 & 25, 2006 with my husband and 2 cats.

My husband and I thought the main house we rented was impressive, although I did not know it had 2 stories and the upper half of the house is occupied by people who live there. We were surprised by the constant noise from those walking about and really extremely surprised by very lively (noisy) party one evening. The web site does not have a ton of detail about the house and I really thought it was a 1 storey main house with 2 private garden areas. The gardens are not private and there are really three doors to the outside. The front is the most private, but most new guests arriving think it is the office, including my husband, although I stopped him before he knocked, as there are cute signs pointing down the side of the house to the office - I did direct another couple down the correct path with signs after they knocked and asked me about their check in. The other 2 doors lead off of the delightful back living room. One leads to the 'back door" to a fountain and patio. It is directly under the stair case and deck of the upstairs and next to another of the bungalows. I enjoyed many cigarettes out on this "cool" (yes, it was 100+ every day of our visit, during the infamous “heat wave”) brick patio. It is directly in the main path of caretakers, guests and then under those living on the second storey. I did find it very charming, although not private as people are constantly walking by. The morning after the party I found a cigarette that had just been tossed down from the upper deck and fortunately just missed a cushion on one of the chairs. Since I do smoke, I noticed that it had been lit as it fell and it burned out luckily on the bricks below, there was a long ash attached and a long burn mark indicating it was not put out before its decent – I was happy I had not been sitting below when that was dropped! And happy it did not land on one of the cushions to start a fire. The second door (off of the main “below” living room) leads to the “main” garden featured in photos on the web site. It is a lovely area with tables and chairs and when in cooler weather I am sure it is used to the guests delight. Note: There is a light on the back (fountain area) that I could not turn off, no mater what switches I tried, and a light on the next door bungalow that are on all night. The lights on the “main” garden area seem to go off about 10:30 PM, or there about.

We were so fortunate to have been in the cooler stone house during the now infamous “heat wave”! I watched fans being brought to the bungalows and read the review from one guest about the lack of air-conditioning. It was so meltingly hot that we would have to wait until about 9:00 PM to open all of the doors and windows to get in some cool air. (NOTE – bring mosquito replant, which we did not bring, the open doors invite the buggers and I was bit incessantly, I know the replant would have done the trick, and I would suggest this when traveling ANYWHERE, I do not in any way suggest that the Brick house Bungalows have a mosquito problem! We encountered mosquitoes from Seattle to Oregon to California and they had no bias.) We found if we left all of the doors and windows open until about 9:00 AM, the house would cool down and then we would close all curtains, windows and doors to make it as dark as possible and then it would be tolerable until about 5-8 PM, when it was a good idea to go out and have dinner, or take a cold shower (my husband on the evening we were too tired to go out). I discovered the claw foot tub, filled with cold water made the perfect “plunge pool”. Also, since there is a full size fridge/freezer, my husband made nice cold packs in a washcloth with ice for the neck, wrists and ankles.

Our cats ADORED the house. They were thrilled at the large windowsills they could sit and watch the people come and go, they loved the tiled floors of the lower living room, they thrilled that the doors were open all night and they could explore outside all they wanted. Isabella and Mr. Wiggles were so happy at the house they did not want to ever leave and none of the places we stayed there after thrilled them as much!

Breakfast is cute, delivered in a French lunch pail (door knob, not the best delivery, as the first morning I tried and tired to not have it fall to the steps as I opened to door to get it, but of course, it fell anyway with a resounding clang. I would think the steps a better place to place it for carefree retrieval) and out first morning we had 2 rolls with 2 baby Bels (Bel Pease cheese) each. We had brought jams earlier in our trip, so this was a welcome treat as we needed bread to enjoy our jams with. Breakfast the second day was hand delivered, a little surprisingly, via walking in the back door. I did not mind (nor did my surprised husband), but mentioned to warn those who may have been taking advantage of the slightly cooled environment to engage in something they might not have wished to be walked in on! We actually had a nice conversation about out cats and thank goodness we were handed breakfast and it was not put on the door knob, as it contained a mini bottle of sparkling wine and I don’t think it would have survived my dropping it as I turned the door handle! Today was a mimosa recipe and biscotti. I made a mimosa, the “champagne” was totally flat, but it was the thought that counted and I still think it was a very nice touch!

The house is truly impressive with large kitchen and dining area, bedroom and bath and then a lower living room area with another dining area. We both agree it would be terrific for a family with kids. We also would consider returning, maybe to a bungalow set off to the side of the property for privacy. Definitely in Fall, Winter, or Spring to avoid the heat!

All in all, we both were very impressed by the house, the nice touches (nice sheets and bedding, the Aveda toiletries we had at our other stays during our trip and milk and granola in the fridge along with much needed cold bottles of water). I do need to make note that the much anticipated bottle of cream for morning coffee was spoiled. I luckily tried it, before adding to my coffee, but the milk was still good, so I had something to add to my coffee. I did leave a note at the front desk (no one was there at 11:00 both days we stayed) and when we returned late afternoon a sweet note awaited along with fresh cream in the fridge for our last morning's coffee - and the cream was perfect. Also, just a note from my husband on review - Breakfast was delivered at 8:30 AM and we had both been rising by 7:00 AM, so he did mention that it was "late" having to "wait" around for it, although I must counterpoint that most vacationing people do not awake as early as we did and maybe they thought it was the perfect time. Plus, if we had asked, the lovely staff just might have brought it earlier!

I think that the staff that looks over the guests (unfortunately never met Denise, or Tony – was actually looking forward to meeting the owners and hoping they could make some suggestions, but I did not ask where they were, so hopefully they were off at the coast escaping the heat!) are extremely willing to do whatever they can to make your stay complete.

We both agree (my husband & and I) that we would like to return to see what it is like in late fall, or winter, or spring. Maybe quieter, obviously cooler and our cats are still asking when we will go back, so please find the review helpful (long winded, yes) and we both hope you try the main house, or the bungalows and leave your honest experience to help others have a clearer and most enjoyable stay!

Superb B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Kahbah

My husband and I just returned from a 2-night stay in the Chelsea bungalow and wish we had booked our entire trip here. The room was beautiful - a mix of new and old. The bathroom was white and modern with a jetted tub, comfy towels and good water pressure. The kichen employed antique stemware and a mishmash of dishes and cooking utensils (which almost made me want to cook!). The granola was excellent and the delivery of the bread and other additions in the morning was convenient and unobtrusive. If you're looking to sit and eat with a big group to chat and get the know the innkeepers, stay elsewhere - but if you are like us and enjoy the uniqueness of B&B accomodations and still want privacy, this place is perfect. When you do need to seek out the innkeepers for advice, they are more than happy to help - we were given menu books that helped us choose an excellent Italian restaurant.

The bed was soft and comfortable, as was the couch. There is a CD player, which was a really nice touch. We had a semi-private table in the courtyard and then a private table and setup in the back. We were within easy walking distance to Sonoma square, and the location was perfect and safe.

My only complaint about this place was, when we checked in, there was a banana peel, water bottle and cigarettes on the patio that was apparently leftover from the previous guest. They were never picked up during the two days we were there. Also, the first morning, when I went to make cofffee, there was leftover coffee from the previous guest still in the pot. Had everything else not been so clean and perfect, these things might have made me a little more nervous than they did. Overall, for the price, location and room, it was worth the money. We will definitely be back the next time we travel to Sonoma.

Perfect getaway

by TripAdvisor Member sadiecat

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon to Sonoma, and we couldn't have stayed at a more perfect place. It's just a block off the Plaza - within walking distance of shops, restaraunts, and even some wineries. The bungalows themselves were quaint, quiet, and reminiscent of an (updated) french farmhouse - we had our own private garden in the back, a kitchen fully equipped with china, and clay dishes, and the fridge had waters, orange juice, granola, good coffee grounds pre-measured in filters for the coffee pot - all in "old time" air-tight containers. We got fresh pastries hung on our door every morning, and a bowl of fruit on our kitchen table. I have nothing bad to say about the place, except you have to book in advance! There are only four or five bungalows. We had a wonderful time, and will definately stay there again.

The AppetizersThe Appetizers

OmeletOmelet

Pacific CodPacific Cod

Duck spring rollsDuck spring rolls

anyone stay at the Sheraton Sonoma Petaluma?

by travelwithkids

Our family is coming to the area in mid-July (2 adults and 2 kids 3 & 7)
how is Petaluma for a central location to visit the wineries in Sonoma and Napa?
and, any recommendations for that hotel? or any others?
thanks!

RE: anyone stay at the Sheraton Sonoma Petaluma?

by karenincalifornia

Petaluma is a fine place to stay if you are interested in exploring the wine country of Sonoma and Napa. You'll be very close to the southern Sonoma wineries, close enough to drive to the northern Sonoma wineries and Napa is just next door to the east. You'll also be reasonably close to the coast, and could head out to Bodega Bay.

I'm not familiar with the Sheraton, but I would expect it is the standard quality of most Sheratons.

Have fun!

Karen

RE: RE: anyone stay at the Sheraton Sonoma Petaluma?

by travelwithkids

Thanks, Karen - we actually have made reservations there and hopefully it will work out well. We are looking forward to our visit to California.

Comments