Ramekins

Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Ramekins

A Foodie's dream place

by high_d about Sur La Table

I have always love kitchen and dining ware and for someone like me who's learning how to become a better cook, this shop is definitely a dream, for cooks or in my case, a beginner/experimenter;) They offer a wide range of kitchen products like copper cookware, diningware, utensils, books, linens, bakeware, knives, kitchen electrics, and (those sometimes you-can-do-without) gadgets;p They also offer culinary classes with chefs sharing their cooking styles of both local and international flavors. I love white dishes... my last trip to Sur La Table, I found these lovely cappuccino cups with saucers. I also needed a sugar and salt serving spoons. All white of course! I must go back and get some square ramekins! The cappuccino cups were about $15 for a service for four. The sugar and salt spoons were around 99 cents each.

Sonoma for Some Time Out

by soozyd

Folks flock to Sonoma for its wineries. I like a good glass of vino every now and again, to be sure, but the reason I visit this gorgeous little place is to visit loved ones and relax. Sonoma is very, very relaxing. Just 15 miles or so west of Napa, the small town of Sonoma is surrounded by soft, vineyard-spreckled rolling green hills.

Whether you're heading to one of its B&Bs, or here for one of the many weddings this area sees, or perhaps taking a class at local culinary school Ramekins (http://www.ramekins.com), you will most likely at some point visit the town's charming square. Here, you'll see cafes, restaurants and inviting independent shops.

Though the whole region is known for its fine cuisine, I haven't actually tried very much of it during my several visits. Lucky for me, my boyfriend's mama, a Sonoma resident, has to be, in my opinion, one of the best cooks this side of the Napa River! (Check out the soup course of our Christmas dinner, pictured here.) She is a foodie, and foodies love Sonoma.

Comments