The Cottage Inn & Spa Mission Bed & Breakfast

310 First Street East, Sonoma, California, 95476, United States

More about The Cottage Inn & Spa Mission Bed & Breakfast

Wish we could have stayed longer - a fantastic escape!

by TripAdvisor Member A&S,Scotland

The Cottage Inn and Spa was a very special place on our recent two-week trip to California. We stayed in the South Suite in mid-October '06 for two nights - wish it could have been ten!
Bedroom and bathroom opened on to a small private deck - we left the door open to fall asleep to the stars and awake to the sunshine, since it was still very warm in Ocober... The bathroom had a window to the sky and was far removed from standard hotel bathrooms - candle-space inbuilt, midnight-blue theme...just special.. ! Breakfast basket arrived, complete with rolls and bagels from the local bakery, in a basket hung on the door outside each morning. This complemented the cereal \ orange juice and coffee \ tea selection which was already available within the suite. Our hosts could not have been more pleasant, providing information about the local area and suggesting trips that we could take, wineries we could visit, and giving us maps to help us make the most of our short stay. The carefully-tended small and beautiful courtyard provided an idyllic setting for us to enjoy our evening meal at an outdoor table, with umbrella, outside our suite, with food and wine bought from the local area, and a candlelit backdrop and water features provided by our hosts. It was a truly magical place and we would love to return.

Heavenly

by TripAdvisor Member Niagaranomad

My wife and I spent 3 heavenly nights in the Chapel Suite in late October and would certainly return again. My wife referred to the suite as "sexy" with its fireplace,jacuzzi,skylight and robes just to name a few of the amenities. The location just 11/2 blocks off the square was perfect and allowed us to leave our car at the Inn. The staff (Robert and Amy) were extremely friendly and accommodating and the supply of fresh fruit,juice, milk and coffee along with the morning drop off of pastries and breads was thoroughly enjoyed. We found the town of Sonoma more to our liking than Napa however it was easy to access both wine valleys during our stay. There is no question that we would recommend the Inn to our friends.

unique experience

by TripAdvisor Member konz

My wife and I stayed here in the Vineyard View Suite. Although there was not a view of the vineyard, it was a truly unique suite. Fresh flowers and fruit was a real treat! Incredibly clean and an excellent location 1.5 blocks from the main square. I would give this find a full-hearted recommendation.

Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member tinamarie77

My fiance and I stayed there in Feb. Though it rained a little it was a great experience. We stayed in the Mission Suite. It was very cozy. The staff are all very helpful. It truly was a fantastic trip and we are planning to go back again next year.

A last resort!

by TripAdvisor Member bootneckSacramento

My wife and I stayed for valentines week, only to find the place torn up and under construction.
Not only were we unaware of this when we booked, but it was right under our guestroom and noisy in the mornings.

To make things even worse, we were going to have a massage, but had to cancel due to us being on the coast during our stay.
This shouldn't have been an issue as they said "no problem"
Upon getting my credit card statement, they had charged it $125.00 for a massage we didn't have without even talking to us about it and after we had settled the bill and checked out!!

I would recommend making this resort, your last resort.

Very disappointing for the price!

Quietly elegant, charming, romantic! A hidden gem!

by TripAdvisor Member harrison46

We discovered this inn last year on a walk around Sonoma - it is ideally located on a quiet street just a few hundred feet from the bustling square in the center of town - and returned this year for a one-night stay. We wish we could have stayed a week! What an exquisite little inn. Tastefully designed and decorated by the artist owner, not one detail was overlooked in this charmer. We stayed in the Mission Suite - the colors, fabrics, flowers, warm lighting at night, the fireplace with logs, very comfy bed, great shower and jucuzzi, private side patio and front porch...absolutely perfect for a couple of romantics like us! We got to peek into a few other rooms, and each one was different, but all beautifully and creatively decorated. And don't miss a massage in the spa room from Faye - fabulous! All in all, one day here relaxed us as much as a week in some other places. If you like quiet, intimate, romantic, artistic, don't miss this one!

Loved the Cottage Inn & Spa

by TripAdvisor Member valanded

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Mission Suite. It was really wonderful: lots of space, two great patios, full kitchen and a really nice soaking tub. Walking distance to some nice wineries as well as downtown Sonoma. Faye and Robert (owners) are very nice. We plan to go back and stay longer.

Felt like home - but better

by TripAdvisor Member justtripin

The owners of the Cottage Inn and Spa were most gracious and accommodating; made me feel very welcome. It was a perfect location to the center of town and great restaurants. The grounds of the inn were beautifully manicured with fountains, flowering trees, bird feeders and beautiful music playing in the gardens - what wonderful ambiance and great get away from the hectic life I live. But the most surprising feature was the amazing fountain display, Romantico Paradisio, each evening they lit this beautiful creation for the guests’ enjoyment! This room is unbelievable with tropical plants, beautiful settees, soft music that took me to another place – I felt like I was on a tropical island – surrounded by stars. Mr. Behrens designed and built the amazing fountain and the stunning setting; I’ve never seen anything quite like it – and I’ve traveled around the world. The staff was very nurturing and there to please! I stayed in the Court Yard room, which was exactly what I was looking for. The shower was exquisite. Best of all, I had the most peaceful and restful massage from Faye – in a beautiful oriental motif massage studio. She is an incredible therapist with a healing heart and spirit. I plan to stay there again – the next time I visit Sonoma!

Excellent stay at the Cottage Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Kosair

We stayed at the Cottage Inn and Spa from June 6th to June 8th 2007. We stayed in the Chapel Suite while our friends stayed in the Mission Suite. Both rooms were excellent, though the Mission Suite was about twice as big as the Chapel Suite and would certainly be my first choice in the future.

Fresh pastries arrived each morning at our door, and there was always fresh milk and juice in the fridge. Additionally, fresh fruit was put in our room daily.

The location of the Cottage Inn is perfect. We walked the town square in the evening with no driving necessary. We walked one night to the Girl and the Fig restaurant, which was good but not great. The next night we drove the extra two blocks to the General's Daughter restaurant, which was superb.

All in all we had a wonderful stay at the Cottage Inn and look forward to staying there again.

Chris from Louisville

awesome inn in wine country

by TripAdvisor Member yourinsurancelady

I celebrated my birthday in Wine Country and stayed three wonderful days and nights at the Inn. My suite was BEAUTIFUL! After busy days in Wine Country, hiking & biking we enjoyed relaxing in our private garden patio after a long soak in our in room spa. We loved listening to our favorite CD's on the excellent sound ststem in our suite. It was a pleasure to meet Robert & Fay (owners of the Inn). We enjoyed meeting the other guests while relaxing in the evening by the unique glass fountain fireplace in the court yard/atrium. The location of the inn is perfect as we were able to walk to fine restaurants, stores and hiking & biking trails. Even though my stay was only three days, it was long enought to see the flowers bloom in my garden patio!IT WAS PERFECT! THANK YOU! PATTY & JOE

Comments