The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel And Spa

1325 Broadway at Leveroni & Napa Roads, Sonoma, California, 95476, United States
The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
Renaissance Hotels Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel And Spa

Buying special local food

by jakelorenzo

Angelo's on Hwy 12 coming from Infinion Raceway has some incredibly delicious beef jerky.
Broadway market at the junction of Hwy 12 and Napa Rd. is where the local workers go for lunch. Made to order sandwiches run about $4-5.
Farmer's market 8-12, Friday mornings 2 blocks north of plaza on First St. west across the street from the Depot Hotel. Tuesday nights 5-8 during the summer in the Plaza with free Jazz concewrts the second Tuesday of each month.
Free jazz concerts at the Sonoma Lodge (across from Broadway market) most Saturday nights 6-9 pm

An Excellent Choice

by TripAdvisor Member Mid_West_Traveler

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Lodge at Sonoma. This was my second stay at this hotel. It was wonderful. I think some of the criticisms in the other reviews are off base. Sure, it's a large chain hotel and not a cute boutique B&B. However, the cottage room I stayed in was large, elegantly decorated, quiet, very clean and comfortable. And, this is critical, the rooms have very good individual air conditioning controls. Sonoma can be very warm. The landscaping needs some work, but it's far from unattractive. There are lots of flowers and blooming shrubs around. The service was prompt, polite, and professional. The Raindance Spa is wonderful. Do yourself a favor and book a massage in advance. Afterwards, you can enjoy the Spa's beautiful private garden with mineral baths. I had breakfast every morning at Carneros and it was great. Yes, this hotel is expensive, but it's worth it. I travel very frequently coast-to-coast and I did not find their fees unusual or extraordinarily high. And compared to other choices in Sonoma, it's actually a very good value. The pool area is very nice with plenty of comfortable lounge chairs. And there is plenty of free parking. I've visited some of the smaller B&Bs in the area and there is no comparison in the level of service and ammenities - - the Lodge at Sonoma is superior. There are also higher end, ultra-luxury choices, but you're going to pay much, much more for accomodations that are not that superior to the Lodge at Sonoma. This is an excellent, dependable, comfortable choice and I will definitely return on my next visit to Sonoma.

A Nice Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member ginnybear

I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely cottage units. They were spacious, clean and well-decorated. We were on the ground floor, which made the unit very quiet. The front desk was very friendly. We had dinner at the Carneros Restaurant, which is adjacent to the Resort. Although we enjoyed the meal, the service left alot to be desired. We were not even offered a drink for almost fifteen minutes. Frankly, the Girl and the Fig was a much better experience. However, the Resort was still a great value. I loved the rose gardens and the beautiful flowers.

Met all expectations

We recently stayed there and loved practically everything about the hotel. It doesn't have the charm of a B&B, but it does have just about every amenity you could want. I didn't notice the high prices for internet and movies (as mentioned in previous posts) but if true they provide you with even more reason to get you out of the room and onto enjoying your stay in Sonoma. I did call about the electrical transfer station and they denied its existence. Some rooms have a wonderful parking lot/electrical transfer station room, so make sure to mention you want a courtyard view. The fireplace was a nice touch, but honestly it was in the 90s when we visited. The SPA treatments are magnificent but the "mineral pools" are just hot tubs. There are no minerals other than chlorine in them. Not a big deal. I would definitely stay again. Also, make sure to get a package that includes breakfast.

Great Staff--Nice Property

Spent Memorial Day weekend at the Lodge with two girlfriends from college. We really liked it. I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member, so perhaps that influenced the way we were treated...they upgraded us to a cottage, which was cute. Nice linens, good toiletries. Staff were very friendly and directed us to some great restaurants in town. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the downtown area, which really isn't far, but a nice touch. We also had treatments at the Spa which we all enjoyed. All in all, a really nice property. If we were in Sonoma, we would definately stay again.
As for reviewers who mentioned high charges for faxes, etc--we were in Sonoma to visit wineries and explore the area, not send faxes and watch pay-per-view! :)

Professional Staff, Nice Location

by TripAdvisor Member Filadog

Our stay was from Oct.16-19. The room was clean and spacious, but in need of a bit of TLC. The staff was first class. Dinner at Carneros (on site) was excellent. Close to all of our favorite wineries; St. Francis, Domaine Carneros, Silver Oak, etc. Will stay here again.

Just terrific

Spent three nights in one of the cottages - had pets with us and it was truly the highlight of a 4,000 mile road trip. Good food, great ambiance, they checked us in with toys and treats for the pooches. Couldn't have been any happier with the service or cottage. Go for a cottage if you have a chance - wonderful.

Not Five Diamonds, But Really Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Don_Gabacho

I stayed the lodge at Sonoma with my family on Thanksgiving holidays. The building and cottages looked rustic in the exterior. But the inside of the cottage was very clean and comfortable. It was pleasant stay with the cozy beds and deep bathtub, which released us from the daily busy life. And the gas fireplace was very easy to use..., just switch ON/OFF. We liked it. The staff was polite and helpful. Also one of the best things in this resort is that it has its own tasting room, Cellar Door. I could enjoy a lot of local wines from small producers at Sonoma with no concerns of DUI!.... The soundproof was not perfect and I could hear the noise from the boiler (I suppose) at night, but it was not so loud that interferences our sleep. The restaurant, Carneros, was very good in the food, service and atmosphere, though it was expensive.

Extremely comfortable, a very nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member minniemouse

We stayed at the Lodge at Sonoma for two nights Dec. 18 and 19 2004. We had a cottage room with a very comfortable king size bed, a fireplace, sitting area and well appointed bathroom. There were robes in the closet, spa quality amenities. We did not visit the spa this visit, maybe next time. Room service was prompt and excellent, the staff was very friendly. The room was quiet, clean and the decor was pleasant. The sheets and pillows were high quality. It isn't quite five star, but it's four and a half in my opinion. We would definitely go back.

Great place

Stayed one night. The room was extremely nice with high cielings, pool view, deep bath, glass shower and very nice amenities. No complaints from me. The pool and hot tub were really nice and warm even though we were there in January. Great place. We did not get the cottage which they offered for an extra $30, but there seemed to be no need given the room.

Comments