4074 Pine Blvd., Lake Tahoe, California, 96150, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Alpenrose Inn

Good motel by Tahoe standards

by TripAdvisor Member giantsfan2

I agree with the others that this is a good motel for this area but I found a few problems. I stayed in standard room which can be considered a good 2* motel room. In many other locations it would not be considered anything special but finding decent and reasonably priced lodging in South Lake Tahoe is surprisingly difficult. The proprietor is friendly and will give you a pass to a private beach when checking in. It had all the amenities (and more) that you would expect for this type of room: microwave, refrigerator, good cable TV, alarm clock, phone, table and chairs, coffee maker, and shampoo. There was no A/C but the open windows and ceiling fan did a reasonable job of cooling down the room. The breakfast provided was coffee, cereal, and packaged pastries. While the room was generally clean, there was mildew on the grout for the shower stall which could have been removed with a bleach solution. Also this room was in the back corner of the hotel which meant that the window was right over the headboard for the bed. This meant that the curtains directed the light right over the pillows which was extremely annoying! These two problems are likely unique to this room but one issue that is probably in all rooms is that the floor squeaked when walking around. I'm sure my downstairs neighbors heard that! However I heard only a little noise from the neighboring units and it is very nice that road noise is non-existent. I would return but request a different room next time.

A great find at Stateline!

by TripAdvisor Member luvvyduvvy

We have stayed here several times now since last year, and have been very happy each time! Whether mid-week or week-end, it is quiet, comfortable, and VERY clean. Hannah has a small continental breakfast available, and there is also a coffeemaker in the room. We've stayed in the most basic room, and also in a larger room with a gas "woodburner fireplace", microwave and fridge available. Summer and Fall are the best when we could sit out on the upstairs deck and enjoy the late afternoon sun. As far as I'm concerned, we will always call here first for availablility...and hopefully there'll be room at the Inn!

Wonderful place, great location, very resonable and CHARMING!

by TripAdvisor Member sebid30

I've stayed at the Alpenrose Inn for the second time around for over a week as an avid skier of the ski-resorts around L.Tahoe. The rooms I stayed in were spotless, clean, nicely equipped (kitchenettes and nice baths) and charmingly decorated. It's in walking distance (even in skiing boots) from the Heavenly Gondola, Casinos, shopping and water front (bus stop almost across from it!). The owner Hannah is very attending and helpful. I'm looking forward to my third time staying there in March '07.

Lovely Inn near the lake

by TripAdvisor Member notoolate

We have stayed at the Alpenrose Inn on numerous occasions. Each room is themed and charming. We like the fact that several have kitchenette areas, with a bar sink, mini fridge, and perhaps a microwave. We love that it is easy walking distance to the beach as well as to the clubs. Our last trip was to celebrate our anniversary and we had decided spur of the moment and had not made any plans. While talking with the owner she suggested we have dinner at the Edgewood and called over to make a reservation for us. She is most hospitable. We always have a great time when we stay here. It's comfortable, quiet, clean and affordable.

Nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member Ms.Howard

I stayed at this motel over the 4th of July holiday last summer with my daughter while my husband was camping. I specifically selected this motel based upon the reviews here in TripAdvisor. I was really looking forward to staying here but frankly was disappointed. It is a very basic motel in the middle of an area of dozens of motels - many of much better quality for a very similar rate. I don't consider my standards all that high - heck most of the time I am camping while in Tahoe. Usually I am happy just to have a indoor shower! But this motel was a little funky and so what you get free cereal for breakfast.
Yes the owner was very nice but it is not enough to recommend this place to anyone. In fact after just two nights I was more than ready to switch to another motel in the area that included a swimming pool.

Loved the Alpenrose Inn

by TripAdvisor Member lula58

We were looking for a pet friendly hotel that had 2 rooms available. We called the hotel directly, and spoke to Hannah. She had a wonderful king sized bed room with a gas fireplace available for us, and our son and wife with their dog had a very nice queen sized room on 1st floor. The hotel is quite convenient to skiing and to the shops. It is very clean, and quite large.
Hannah was so friendly and very helpful. She recommended a wonderful Italian restaurant that we just loved.
If we ever return to Tahoe, we would deifinitely stay there again.

Lovely little motel!

by TripAdvisor Member trip-kitty

We read awesome things about this little motel on Tripadvisor. Since this website has never disappointed us, we went with it.
This is an extremely charming little motel close to Heavenly ski resort. The room was rather spacious and clean. We had a small little kitchenette, which made our stay alot more relaxing. The bathroom and shower was very clean and there was no problem with the drainage. The owner is very nice and frienly. And free wireless access was available. We loved this place and would definitely stay here again if we come to the area.

Clean, Quaint, Cute

by TripAdvisor Member goldilocksSanJoseCA

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and loved it! I had found the Alpenrose simply by looking on the Internet. We were definitely not disappointed. It was very clean and quiet, and within walking distance of the casinos (have to play those nickel slots!). We will be staying there again next month - have not been able to go up for three years and cannot wait to see Lake Tahoe once again. Hannah was very pleasant and accommodating and I would certainly recommend the Alpenrose to anyone wanting a homey, comfortable, and reasonably priced motel - close enough to the action but away from all the noise of Stateline/50.

A real "find". Very charming, great rates.

by TripAdvisor Member Saxeygirl

Based on trip advisor reviews, I booked a night at the Alpenrose Inn. What a lovely place! Hannah, the owner and operator of this small (19 units), out of the way motel, came to the US from Germany 17 years ago and when she visited Lake Tahoe it spoke to her heart. She bought this motel and stayed. She has lovingly furnished and decorated each room. There are grapevine wreaths and special touches everywhere. Even my husband was impressed. It's very clean, well kept up, and being off the highway is quiet. It has no pool, but included with the room are guest passes to a very nice beach and marina just a few blocks away. We were sorry we arrived about 5 in the afternoon and had to leave the following day. It would have been fun to slip on our swimsuits and spend a while on the beach. It's beautiful there. We were concerned about the fire. We had to ask where it was because coming from California we couldn't even see it. The burned area is west of highway 50 on the south side of the lake and didn't detract at all. A good choice.

A Lovely and Clean Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Fonzmambo

I booked the Alpenrose for one night before doing an organized bike ride around Lake Tahoe. It is located on a frontage road to the main highway through Lake Tahoe, very easy to find, and immediately pleasing to the eye. Hannelore, the owner (who checked us in, herself), was extremely pleasant and very quick to make recommendations for dinner and drinks, even offering to make reservations for my husband and me. Our room was good sized, with tasteful furnishings and beautiful murals on the wall. The king bed room had a small kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker, and a cute little table with two chairs. The bathroom was small, but clean, and stocked with ample towels and shampoo/lotion. We checked out early the next morning, so didn't spend much time in the room overall, but had an extremely comfortable night's stay. The only minuses were a small parking lot, no pool, and no fan in the bathroom (I know that last one is picky, it's just something I prefer). I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Comments