Days Inn Lake Tahoe Casino Area / Lake Resort

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about South Lake Tahoe

On the deckOn the deck

The pedicure area at the Stillwater SpaThe pedicure area at the Stillwater Spa

getting ready to skigetting ready to ski

Sand Harbor, Lake Tahoe, from the Flume TrailSand Harbor, Lake Tahoe, from the Flume Trail

Visiting Lake Tahoe early September

by bfox22

My husband and I are planning on visting Lake Tahoe early September to celebrate our 15yr wedding anniversary. We would like a Lake view where we choose to rent but do not know which community in Lake Tahoe we should be looking. We would like to kayak, hike, and enjoy the beach (even thought the weather will be a little cool). Any helpful advice on where to stay and other activities would be appreciated.

by Jamesr3939

If not into gambling then I would look at north shore either Incline Village or Tahoe City.

by DSwede

I full heartedly second James' comment.

by sandyn

Early September is still quite warm and very beautiful at Lake Tahoe. You picked a great time because all the kids are back in school and the tourists are mostly gone. What kind of place are you looking to rent? A hotel room, cabin or condo? How long will you be staying? The best location will depend on what you plan to do. South Tahoe has the casinos and shows and nightlife, so naturally it is much busier than the North Shore. Incline Village and Tahoe CIty are probably the best places to stay on the North Shore. Let me know where you plan to stay and I'll make some recommendations. If you are not really into casinos and gambling, then choose the North Shore. You can always drive to SLT (about 30 mins) if there's a show or restaurant you want to try. I have tons of info, but let's start with you picking a location and we'll go from there.

Travel Tips for South Lake Tahoe

RIVER FISHING

by TedRico

THE TRUCKEE RIVER IS VIRTUALLY UNSPOILED AND THE PEOPLE PRESSURE IS LOW DUE TO THE ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE ROUND LAKE TAHOE. THE PISCATORIAL MEMBERS OF THE POPULATION, COMMONLY CALLED, "FLYFISHERS" LOVE THIS IDEALIC STRETCH OF WATER.

Mt Rose - if you are staying in Reno

by Pounder73

Compared to some of the other Lake Tahoe resorts, I wasn’t particularly impressed with this one. But then again, I was there will a bunch of non skiers, so I didn’t get a chance to really explore. Still, I believe it is the closest to Reno, at least for a good size mountain, the other which I would recommend a little higher - NorthStar.

But this is a cool picture I got when I was there last… many years ago.

Delicious Thai Food - Not to be Missed!

by HWPCoord about Orchid's Authentic Thai Cuisine

If you're visiting Lake Tahoe, California, and are feeling a little adventurous, or just plain tired of California cuisine and All-American fare, check out ORCHID'S AUTHENTIC THAI CUISINE off Lake Tahoe Boulevard (a.k.a. Highway 50), cross street 3rd St. The food is some of the best Thai food I've ever tasted; if we had discovered it on our first day in Tahoe, we would have eaten there every day. The service is good, the atmosphere pleasant, and the prices reasonable. Of course, because the food is pretty authentic, believe it when they say the dishes are spicy - but don't be afraid to ask them to tone it down! I highly recommend it. They had a grilled eggplant with bell peppers, onions and your choice of protein (chicken, pork, beef, or tofu for those vegetarians out there). Its relatively standard fare at any Thai restaurant, but Orchid's made it well. The dish was well-seasoned, with generous portions of tender eggplant and pork.

Snowy Beach

by thebeatsurrender

There's not much prettier than a snowy beach, white melting into sand melting into water. We stumbled across this scenic spot driving around the lake. I think it was on the California side and had a sign saying "beach closed" at the turn off.

I think this was in February, but I can't really remember. The snow that year was good, but not incredibly blizzardy.

South Lake Tahoe casinos

by Tom_Fields

Well, if you've seen one casino, you've seen them all. The main attractions for me are the food and entertainment. When I visited Harrah's in 2002, they had a blues concert. It was a double-bill: Joe Louis Walker and Elvin Bishop. The buffets are great.

But don't spend all day there. Better to go in the evening, leaving the day for sightseeing.

By the way, all casinos lie on the Nevada side of the border, which runs directly through the city.

Comments