3961 Lake Tahoe Blvd, Lake Tahoe, California, 96150, United States

Booking.com HIExpress.com Expedia.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Shihar's Profile Photo

Close to everything..

The stay at this hotel was fine. The it had a convienent location to many shops and resturants downtown. Parking was not a problem either.

A decent continental breakfast was served every morning.

Unique Quality: Close to everything..

• realde14's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn

This completely renovated and refurbished Holiday Inn is probably the best one of the Holiday Inn chain that I ever stayed in. On top of that it is very central and within walking distance to the Gondola.

More about Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe

Great place to stay

On our recent belated honeymoon to Lake Tahoe, my husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on the South shore. I had a really hard time deciding on a hotel, as there are many casino/hotel/resorts in the area. I'm very glad I picked the Holiday Inn. It's a great location, very close to the Stateline casinos, Heavenly Village and Gondola, and all kinds of restaurants and shops. You can walk everywhere if you're not renting a car (we didn't). The Holiday Inn itself is well maintained and very nice. I liked the indoor hot tub and sauna, as well as the option of an outdoor pool and hot tub. Though we were there on a busy weekend (Memorial Day), we had the swimming facilities virtually to ourselves. The hotel complex is nestled in the trees, so that was nice. It's not on the beach though, but it's within walking distance of the Marina. There wasn't an ice machine near our room, but we didn't mind walking across the parking lot for that. The only drawback was a very busy continental breakfast, but that was not the hotel's fault. Breakfast was good, but there is also a very good family restaurant next door (Carrow's), which was never very busy and had fast and friendly service. Stay at the Holiday Inn Express if you're looking for a good location and a perfectly fine place to stay. Next time we might try a resort with a few more activities on the premises or a smaller lodge with more unique rooms, but for a chain hotel with reliable quality and friendly service, you can't go wrong here.

small room but good bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member coldsprings1

Our room was very quiet, set well back from Hwy 50; there is construction in front of the hotel but our room faced the back of the hotel so we didn't hear it. Our room was small with two double beds and not enough room for a table and chairs like you usually find in motel rooms. There was a small refrigerator. The bathroom was very nice, large with double sinks, granite counters and new towels and a good showerhead and dimmer lights in both the bathroom and bedroom. The buffet breakfast is the same as in other Holiday Inn Expresses, better than the continental breakfast you get in other motels. Didn't use the pool or spa.

A great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member 1mermaid

I thought the Holiday Inn Express was great! We had a handicapped king room so the bathroom was very large. The hotel is in very good condition and everything is very clean. I would certainly stay there again.

Good location, clean, and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Traveling George

We stayed in a nice sized room with a king bed, large bathroom, mini fridge and microwave. Everything was clean and the staff was nice. I like the location that you can walk one way to the beach and a nice park with the casinos a short walk in the other direction.

A Good Choice In A Quiet Location

by TripAdvisor Member SusaB

We came to Lake Tahoe for a wedding and stayed three nights. I did a lot of research and had numerous reservations (Embassy Suites, Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe, Embassy Vacation Resort) and finally opted for the Holiday Inn, based on price (quite a bit less than the above mentioned places) and writers' comments. The location is good and the rooms are set back from the busy road so there was no noise. We had a room with two double beds and the room is not huge but it is adequate and nicely appointed. The bathroom is nice and big with natural stone tile floors. The hotel is similar to the old motels in that it has outside corridors and the cooling unit is near the window (as opposed to fancier hotels with thermostats). The included breakfast was very nice and featured the usual cereals, bagels, toast, fresh and canned fruit, and even hard boiled eggs. There is decent coffee available all day and if you love Starbucks, there is one within easy walking distance. I thought it was a perfectly fine place to stay, clean, well kept, nice pool, and all in all a good choice. I think the Embassy Suites and Marriott properties are in good locations, right in the heart of town, but if you had a room overlooking the street or the shopping area, I think it could be noisy. Plus the parking is free at the Holiday Inn, another plus. So stay here if you don't need a lot of room (those other properties are studios or bigger) and you aren't looking for a view and you want a newer, clean, chain hotel in a very nice location.

Great Place!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TeenTravel

My husband, myself and our 3 children (all teens) spent August 11 - 15 at the Holiday Inn Express. Our stay was perfect - the breakfast buffet was delicious, the rooms were clean and neat. We had a two queen beds and a roll away and had plenty of room. The bathroom was very spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area was clean and neat. The water was cold, but the temperature was getting down into the 40s at night, so a cold pool was to be expected.
One of the best things about the Holiday Inn Express was its location - it was close enough to walk into town to shop, eat, or go to the casinos.
We would definitely stay at this location again and would recommend it to our family and friends.

Wonderful Stay

Great location. Hotel is very nice. Great spacious rooms. Walking distance to the new gondola @ Heavenly and the great shopping at the residence club. Casinos are also very close. Wonderful in the Summer, but would also be a great spot in the Winter to ski Heavenly. I would definately stay here again.

Great Choice

We staying at the Holiday in Lake Tahoe for two nights in September. I must admit that coming from New York, the idea of staying in a Holiday Inn did not seem like a great idea. Boy, was I being snobby for no reason! Granted, it is a motel, but the rooms are very clean, a decent size, with a good sized bathroom. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful. Tahoe is a stunning place. The hotel is in a good location - near the gondola, shopping and the casinos. We had a great time and the Holiday Inn definitely added to the positive experience.

Comments