Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kalanialoha's Profile Photo

Option for a group trip

We rented our tri-level townhouse directly from an owner. The place was fine in terms of size, location to Hwy 50, the casinos, and Heavenly ski resort. The negative was the interior furnishings look like they hadn't been updated since the 70s.

The sleeper bed was broken, the microwave didn't work, and some of the carpet was frayed.

The property overall looked fine. I think it's more a matter of how much the individual owner is willing to invest in the upkeep of their condos.

Unique Quality: The hot tub on the 3rd floor deck was the highlight of the condo! It was big enough to fit 6 people comfortably.

More about Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort

Nice Stay at Lakeland Village

by TripAdvisor Member nordbabe

We booked our Lake Tahoe stay at Lakeland Village based on the reviews we had seen here. We had a spacious room with a full kitchen, and the proximity to Safeway allowed us to cook our own meals and save a fortune. The location by the highway was a bit noisy, but our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly as well. No complaints to really speak of (how rare !).

The perfect Ski Stay

Lakeland village was the ideal place for a fun ski weekend. The rooms were extremely clean and roomy and the shuttle service was available any time and very quick in picking us up. The hot tub gets crowded but thats what makes it fun!! I highly reccomend Lakeland village.

We will stay again

by TripAdvisor Member Nom

We chose to stay at Lakeland Village Resort based on all the positive reviews from trip advisor. Our stay of 4 nights, the first week of March, was great. The staff was friendly, other guests were great, and you can't beat the free shuttle service. We went on a budget and planned a trip to the grocery store to save on the food cost, the shuttle dropped us off and picked us up at the store. The place was clean and quite, we had a great time and will stay there again!

Great home away from home

The Lakeland Village was a wonderful value. I went to Tahoe on Memorial Day weekend, and this place had everything I was hoping for. Our two bedroom with loft suite had a full kitchen, two full bedrooms, a loft bed, and a very comfy living room with a fireplace and television. Additionally, it was right on the lake, with a private beach, tennis courts, a stone’s throw from the Heavenly Gondola, and more. It really did feel like a home away from home.

The Brewery across the street is fantastic. Also, for a fun, informal beer after the Brewery closes at 11, hit up Mulligan’s, the Irish Pub a block down the street.

Thanks again for the upgrade

I booked a four bedroom townhome in the pinegrove and a couple of other units because i was getting married. They upgraded me for free to the most beautiful unit - a five bedroom five bath lakefront. It was huge and had 3 master bedrooms and views of the lake all around. It was the bomb.

The rest of the units came over the the lakefront and we had a reception party there because it was so large (Like 3000 Square feet). We also loved the shuttles which were very prompt. The cont breakfast was the most elaborate that we have ever seen and the breakfast room was perfect for us to meet in before we went to the sloapes.

Thanks again Lakeland Village for whoever gave us the upgrade to the lakefront and the prompt service all around. Our pictures and memories are going to last us a lifetime.

Expensive for a *** resort

We stayed at this resort becuase of all the positive reviews I read. The location is great close to everything. The property itself is very old, but I guess most places in south Tahoe are like that. We had a Studio loft which worked out ok considering I book last minute. The Queen bed was very comfortable, however the sofa bed was not. The queen bed was on the second level it was quite however the ground level were the sofa bed was a bit noisy because it was next to the window facing Lake Tahoe Blvd. Also you could feel the cold air coming in from the window when the fireplace was off. On the other hand the walls were solid so you could not hear the next room.
The outside Pool and the Jacuzzi were cold, and did not look too clean. I think that was a turn off for us since we really wanted to be in a jacuzzi after a long day at the slop. We did not try the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Over all was ok, like I said a 3 star resort but not worth $150 for a loft. I think we will try another resort next time.

Just a so-so experience

by TripAdvisor Member hamburgerpanda

I stayed at Lakeland for a weekend snowboarding trip in a studio king room. The room was large, but since it was in the main building we had to deal with the lights and the noise of nearby Hwy. 50. The kitchenette was not all that well equipped so we didn't use it much, so it probably wasn't worth Lakeland's extra cost. The room could have been a little bit cleaner and the furniture, bathroom etc. could use a remodel. On the plus side the staff was friendly, the shuttle was prompt, and the continental breakfast was great. Not at all a bad spot to spend the night, but if you're impressed by the outstanding reviews, you probably want one of the larger multi-room condos near the lake.

Horrible management service and dusty room!!!

My husband and I decided to stay here since we were getting married in Tahoe. The night we checked into our room, we notice the living room was extremely dusty. There was THICK dust laying on the coffee table and hanging from the fan. We decided to look all around the room and there was dust everywhere!!! And I really mean everywhere!!! It looks like housekeeping hasn't cleaned the room in months! The next day my husband decides to talk to someone at the front desk to see if they could clean up since we were staying there for 2 nights and it was OUR honeymoon. He spoke with the assistant manager and the guy was rude to my husband. Telling my husband he thought we were trying to "milk" him. Apparently he didn't know what good customer service is because you should never tell your customer you think they were trying to milk you. All we wanted was what we paid for and an apology for the dusty room. We paid almost $200 a night for the room and it wasn't even clean! I would NEVER EVER return to this resort because of the poor service we received from the assistant manager.

Will Return & Return I Hope

by TripAdvisor Member peeteBristol

Booked 2 King Studio rooms for 2 nights 15&16 Sept. When we arrived there was a small amount of repair work being done , we commented on this and they were very helpful in giving us a 2 bed townhouse. This had a nice lounge with log fire for the evenings. everything was first class, the grounds and their position on the beach makes for an ideal base for this beautiful area. We have stayed in Tahoe on 2 previous ocassions, this was by far the best, we will certainly go back. Would recommend if booking book away from main road and if two or more couples the townhouses are good value. Their free shuttle bus would run you anywhere in the area and all staff were very helpful

Comments