4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• viajeras2's Profile Photo

Cozy place

Elegantly appointed and spacious specialty units, 3-bedroom & Penthouse accommodates up to 10 guests. Separate living and dining area with fireplace, televisions in bedrooms and living area, fully equipped kitchen.

High-speed Internet
    Free high-speed Internet

Fitness center
    Business center
    Restaurant on-site
    Pool
    Kitchen/kitchenette

Unique Quality: In the middle of the town ..few steps an u can be next to Nevada State with couple Casinos.
    Short distance walk to the lake.
    winter time next to the funicular.
    summer time, available to visit the top of the mountain, restaurant and skiing resort

Directions: downtown.

• BAD BAD EXPERIANCE

i went to this place for my b-day weekend and it was a joke from the get go!! we did not get help with out bags so after we draged them all the way to the 3rd floor our room keys didnt work we went to the front desk 3 times for new keys none of them worked so eventually they sent a repair man he worked on the locks forever and could not fix them so finally 2 hours later they gave us another room...this upset my guests and made the beginning of a horrable night!!!! then we noticed we have no access on the credit card we used to HOLD the room till we get there -they charged the full amout to the card causing a overdraft knowing we are paying cash! so we went back to the front desk to try and fix the issue the young dark haired man couldnt have cared less..we explained we where paying cash and even showed him we had the cash he still stood there with an annoying smerk on his face giggling at us for being upset while i stand there with tears in my eyes..so finally a snood woman that was listning the hole time came over and would not fix the credit card problem till we payed for the room like we just wernt going to pay for it then after all that they say oh i can just call the credit card company....wow... so we asked if we where getting BAD service because we are young the rude man said no..so we said then why? he said you are getting a associated discount ALREADY...because one of my guests work at the napa ca marriott where u get good service no matter age or price of room! so we asked the rude man if we paid full price if we would get treated the same way he said no....are you kidding me....they made it the worst trip i have ever been on all i did was cry thank god they finally got us in a room instead of the lobby or hallway i could not believe how we where treated it seemed like they got the employees out of a cracker jack box!!!!!

Unique Quality: 20$ parking (only option)
    janky door locks
    no ventilation in bathroom (one of my guests has croms diseas so that was nice)
    jets in tub didnt work
    no smoking area
    rooms are far away from elivator (hopefully someone help u with bags it wasnt a very easy task)

More about Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe

Loved Our Visit!

by TripAdvisor Member sandyweb33

Stayed Sept. 2-3, 2005 at the Marriott Grand Residence Club. No one approached us to sell us a time share (we did receive a note with a welcome package giving us info if we were interested). We stayed in a studio room which had a kitchen and seating area. Very comfortable bed, very clean, and all the kitchen amenities we needed. Walking distance to Lake Tahoe and the casinos. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Large movie theater close by. Check-in clerk was polite and knowledgeable. We'd definitely stay here again when in South Lake Tahoe.

Not up to Marriott standards--or mine

Apparently, the person who wrote "Bravo Marriott" (below) stayed at a different Marriott Grand Residence, because when I was there, the staff had lots of trouble doing anything right. The front desk clerk complained that the cardkey machines never worked (and they didn't), and she misinformed us about the parking fees. In the room, the message light was on and it stayed on for four days despite repeated requests to all levels of staff. We never received any maid service, clean towels, or replacements of bathroom supplies nor were the trash cans emptied. Apparently, the protocol is to put one's trash bag in the hall and hope it is picked up. [Note: This creates an "attractive" hallway as you leave in the morning.]

It's hard to believe people call this a 5-star resort property. Those who think it is must have stars in their eyes. While it's not a bad property, just don't expect too much, and you won't be disappointed.

We Loved it so much we bought a timeshare

We love the Tahoe area we go there 4 times a year, on our last trip my husband and I stayed at the Marriott Grand Residence we were walking in a casino and was invited to visit the Marriott Timber Lodge Timeshare we went and spoke with Dean Wilcox who explained the whole concept of a timeshare and we really loved it so we bought it now we will have a nice place to stay when we go to our favorite city in the world. The hotel has everything you need to enjoy yourself and more, the bathrooms are huge and the tubs are great. It has a very country like feeling and all of the appliances and furniture is a very well design. It has a full kitchen if you want to eat in if not you can eat at one of the near by casinos.

Not what I expected from Marriott.

I arrived at the hotel, the room was not ready at check-in time. Was given the room I booked but the bedding was dirty and I could not see out of the windows. The room was a suite and had alot of extras but I wanted a view, so downgraded for a room with a better view. The staff had no problem with accomadating this request. As our stay progressed unexpected and undue charges kept popping up. Got hit up for local calls in the first room for period we were not even in the room. Got charged 14 USD/day parking, local phone service and local/state taxes that were paid when the trip was booked. Also, my friend had some jewlery and glasses come up missing from the room. Had really poor maid service, as in no maid service at all, had to beg for towels and T paper. Overall, I don't see how this could be called a four star hotel. The property was nice but the staff was horrible and the constant invites to listen to time share sales pitches was a total insult considering the amount of money I spent to stay at the grand residence.

great room!

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Marriott in South Lake Tahoe in a one bedroom suite. We got there before check in and asked the front desk if we might be able to check in early. The front desk informed us that our room was not ready, but they gave us a key to the pool and informed us that they would call my cell phone as soon as the room was ready. I thought this was excellent service, at first. Two hours after regular check in time, I called to see if the room was ready, but it was not. They finally called me three hours after regular check in to inform me that the room was ready. We were frustrated that we payed full price for a room that we checked into so late.
At least they gave us a key to the pool so we could keep busy while we waited for our room. The pool was great! I really enjoyed the jacuzzi.
When we finally got to our room I was pleasantly surprised. The room was beautiful! It had a large kitchen with granite counter tops, a fireplace, a large bathroom, and a very comfortable bed. We had a street view which I thought would be noisy, but it was actually very quite. I wish we could have stayed longer. (only stayed two nights)
The hotel was excellent except for the late check in.

LOVED IT!!!

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night, and we loved it! The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was a "studio", and it was like staying in a little apartment. The room was VERY clean, nicely decorated and spacious. There was a small kitchen area, complete with granite countertop, diswasher, microwave, and full size refrigerator. All the cabinets were stocked with dishes, silverware, pots and pans, utensils, etc. Very convenient location, about a half a block from the casinos. Our room overlooked the beautiful fountain, which is lighted up at night. If possible, ask for a room near the fountain. It is really neat to lay in the room, listening to the waterfall. The lobby was well-kept and wonderfully decorated. The bathroom was nice too, with a large walk-in shower. This room had everything you would need, and then some. DVD player in our room, and the TV actually had more than 2 channels...hahaha. Located right outside the door of the hotel are "The Shops at Heavenly", some cute shops and boutiques, mostly touristy stuff, but a few neat places for shopping. The Heavenly gondola is also located there, but is a little pricey we thought, $24 per person for a ride to the top. Parking tip: Allow the valets there to park your car rather than going to the self parking lot. Valet service was cheaper, only $14 vs $30.

All in all, a wonderful experience!! We will definately stay there every time!!

The best in Tahoe

by TripAdvisor Member Nacn022

I booked a 2 bedroom 3 bath unit for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. There were 5 of us in this spacious, gorgeous suite. The unit actually sleeps 8 plus they have two day beds that are large enough to sleep two more. I can't say enough about this place. We had a view of the gondola and this provided us with awesome people watching up on the fourth floor. My daughter, who is almost two, slept very soundly during the night and during her naps. I wish I had these types of soundproofed windows at our house. There was some noise from people walking down the halls but it wasn't too bad. This was the second time we have stayed here and I honestly think this is the best place to stay especially with large groups of people. We ate at Fire and Ice the first night there and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food and entertainment were great and the bar looked like lots of fun too. The cooks that put on the show were great and cute too!! Don't tell my husband. Service was great.

The next day we ate at Cecil's Steak and Brew right next door at Marriott's Timber Lodge and we loved it as well. We actually ordered their pizza because we could smell it as we walked in. It was very tasty. We ordered in for dinner that night (Baja Fresh) because we didn't want to miss out on spending time in our beautiful suite. My mom and dad absolutely loved the Grand Residence. We surprised them. They had no idea where we were taking them and they were so excited when we pulled into the Grand Residence.

The only downfall was on our first morning on our way out for a walk down by the lake, I called and asked for housekeeping to come. When we got back from our walk they still hadn't come. However the "at your service " person had left a message on our phone to make sure we had gotten our requested cleaning. I called her back and said no, no one had come yet. They assured me it would be done while we were at lunch. We come back from our lunch and still no one had come. I finally just told them to forget it because I had to put my daughter down for her nap. The room was not even dirty so no big deal for us. It was just the communication problem that kind of irked me a little.

The Grand Residence is a wonderful place to stay. Take the bad reviews with a grain of salt and have a great time.

On our last day out of Tahoe we had a wonderful brunch at Beacon Bar and Grill at Camp Richardson. They have a great location right on a beach. The food was good but the view even better.

Super clean, well-equipped modern kitchen, cozy room

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights in a studio unit for under $100 in October.

Walking in, there is a separate bathroom (very clean, Bath & Body Works amenities, with shower/bathtub).

Next is the small kitchen area. The kitchen is accoutred with a panoply of utensils: silverware sets of 4 including steak knives, tongs, pizza slicer, pots, pans, bakeware (no cookie sheets though), plates, bowls, salad bowl, rice cooker, wine glasses, mugs, cups, toaster, kettle, etc.) as well as dish soap, sponges, and towels. Very well-thought out and convenient, so much that we actually cooked one night.

Everything is quite new. The oven is super easy to use with digital settings. So is the electronic cooktop and the microwave. Fridge is large and spacious. Granitetop counter with large sink. There's also a small table with four chairs. Light in the kitchen also dims, providing a nightlight effect.

The TV and DVD player was a definite plus as we didn't want to watch the DVDs on our laptop. Free Wi-Fi access in the room.

Room overlooked the pool and hot tubs. There is also a small fitness room and spa. Ron, the concierge, is very helpful and so is the rest of the staff.

Parking is valet at $14/day with in and out. Convenient location in Heavenly Village shopping center near the Gondolas with movie theatre, Raley's market, and gift and apparel shops.

Most accomodations are along Lake Tahoe Blvd. (The Grand Residence says it's on Heavenly Way but it's pretty much along Lake Tahoe Blvd.). The Marriott Timber Lodge is right next door on the same street. A few blocks east is the Stateline transition into Nevada and the casinos of Harrahs, Harveys, Caesar's Palace and more.

Heading west, there's a nice restaurant called Fresh Ketch near the marina that has a great 75 cent oyster night on Tuesdays. I'm really sensitive to oysters but their oysters are really quite fresh and delicious. So are their fish tacos. There's also a jazz duo that plays regularly. There are two levels: downstairs is open seating while upstairs is a bit more fancy. Overall, good ambience, service, and food.

As for the Grand Residence, we were hesitant that someone would approach us with timeshare presentations but we were not solicited. Although we're now considering it. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return!

Comments