4100 Lake Tahoe Blvd., Lake Tahoe, California, 96150, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Grand!

Wow, the place looks fabulous from the outside, but it does look expensive. Yet, it is nicely located in the heart of the ski area and just steps away from shopping, dinning, and during the winters months, and those winters sports many love. Just stepps away from the Gondalas that can wrisk you up the moutians to the views and ski area.

Directions: Located right off of Hwy 50

• ampcarlos's Profile Photo

A relaxing vacation

We stayed in a one bedroom, one bath villa. This is a very nice place to stay. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The kitchen has the basic necessites and the dining area was spacious. The bathroom has 2 sinks and is big. We had a whirlpool tub in the bedroom and a separate shower in the bathroom.

More about Marriott's Timber Lodge

Have fun!

by ampcarlos

There are so many thing to do in Tahoe. On our visit we just relaxed and went on a few hikes. While we were there, they had bears on display in various areas that were to be auctioned off to help local youth organizations. Here are a few pics we took with the bears.

If you have a car it's nice to drive along the lake, stopping in various towns. You are so close to the Nevada line. Go to the casinos if you enjoy gambling! In winter you have the snow, so go skiing or snowboarding. The lift is just behind the Marriott Timber Lodge (see my hotel tip), so convenient.

Deceptive advertising

by TripAdvisor Member Juneauite

We booked what I was told was a "one bedroom villa" at the South Lake Tahoe Marriott "Timber Lodge" for President's Day weekend for our four person family's ski trip (5 nights). The website advertised a full kitchen, washer/dryer, big living/dining area, DVD/VCR etc. We thought we were getting a small condo-type set up. The photos looked great. Cost was about $220 per night, which was in the range for one bedroom condos for rent in the area

When we arrived, the "one bedroom villa" turned out to be just one small room with one bed and a fold-out couch right next to it. There was no kitchen, just a microwave and a small fridge. The furniture was the bed, the couch, two wooden chairs and a very small and tippy table. There was no housekeeping service for the entire five days. There was no VCR.

The room as a room was fine - it was quiet and clean - but it was tiny and did not have any of the amenities we needed for a six day stay on a ski vacation with two small children. The front desk people were friendly but refused to do anything about changing us to a larger "villa," either at the price we booked or at a higher price, as they said the place was filled up for the holiday weekend.

The staff was, generally, hopeless. We couldn't get housekeeping services, the concierge couldn't get dinner reservations (even two nights in advance), the engineer couldn't locate a working VCR, and the switchboard operators kept transferring our calls to the wrong locations. Everyone with the exception of one rude switchboard operator were California style friendly, happy and cheerful, but they just couldn't do anything right.

The swimming pool and hot tubs were great and the location (at the base of the Heavenly gondola) was excellent.

Love this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Eric95403

We stayed in a 2br suite during our stay over Easter vacation. I must also state I am a member of Marriott Vacation Club and I own at this lodge. This was my second stay at this hotel, my first for a full week (a busy week at that). We had up to 8 people sleeping comfortably in a 2br unit (2 pull out queen sofas were used and I was told they were very comfortable...surprising enough). Space was never an issue when all were in the room together. The full kitchen was helpful, as was the efficencies mini-kitchen (our guests stored some of their food in their room and used the micowave in the room as well). As far as other posts mentioning noise being heard from other rooms (thin walls), I had no problem all week with hearing any of our neighbors.

The location of this hotel is superb. You're next to the Heavenly gondola. Numerous shops and restaurants are located in the new village area. A grocery store is a block away for those needing supplies for a short or lengthy stay. The casinos are a block away as well. My kids loved the new outdoor ice rink and movie theater. The staff was very attentive to our needs and we were always welcomed with a smile and "hello." The concierge was very helpful and they even had loaner sleds and discs for us to use for snow outtings. The restaurant onsite, "Fire and Ice" is very good but always seemingly busy.

Yes, for those not owners...there is a valet service that charges $14 per night for your car to be parked. I've stayed in numerous hotels where this is an only option so it does not bother me, but I understand those who balk at this service since it is the only option. Also, mentioned in other posts, the 5th floor rooms lose some space do to the slopes of the roofline. Overall though, this is an excellent place to stay for your ski or summer vacation.

Better all the time

by TripAdvisor Member BagsRPakd

I became an owner at this property last year and have just returned for my third stay. I'm pleased to say that I have noticed improvements in the amenities surrounding the property ("Heavenly Village") each time. Someone mentioned lack of activities for teens beyond skiing and snowboarding, but the complex now has an arcade, laser tag, and a movie theatre, besides a bookstore, a coffee shop with internet access and lots of shops with sporting goods and youthful apparel. Also an ice cream shop and lots of benches and other places to sit for people watching and just to hang out.
I am troubled by the reports that visitors are sometimes given a smallish room with a tiny efficiency kitchen when they have booked a "one bedroom." That shouldn't happen; in the world of timeshares there is definitely a difference between the descriptions "studio" and "one-bedroom" and this property does have both. In fact, when you put the two types together with adjoining doors, that's the typical two-bedroom unit. Just to clarify, the one-bedroom should be the unit with a living area, a full kitchen and dining table with chairs, and a separate 'master bedroom.' The studio is the second bedroom; it is as described, a smallish room with a king bed, a sofa bed, half-size refrigerator, and microwave.
I sometimes trade timeshares through Interval International and if I traded into this property (or any other) for a one-bedroom, and ended up with the studio, I too would be very unhappy. The larger unit has a significantly higher 'trading value' and the smaller one should never be substituted without notice. It can happen that a guest agrees to 'trade down' to get into a particularly popular property, or during a busy season, in order to be able to make a trade at all. But that would be clear when you are making the trade. I will be asking some questions about this issue at the owners' meeting this week.

Nice place

I'm a Marriott VacationClub owner at another resort and this was our first time at the Timber Lodge. I had read reviews from others on this site, so I had some idea of what we might encounter. Our stay was only for two nights, although the reservation was for a free week (sadly, we just couldn't swing anymore time than that!). The room was on the 4th floor and was a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and a whirlpool tub. VERY nice room and again, I wish we could have stayed longer. We were in an end-unit room and noise was not an issue at all. In fact, we never heard a peep from anywhere and this was Memorial Day weekend. There is a big outdoor pool and three small hot tubs. They are doing construction at this hotel until October, so there is some noise and dirt around the back where the pool is. Valet parking is $14/day, which I think is ridiculous but what are you going to do. There is a big shopping center with a Raley's and other stores right across the street and there is plenty of gift shops all around. Their restaurant, Fire and Ice, was a big turnoff to me and my husband. Everytime we walked by there the music was blaring and it seemed to be more of a bar than someplace you would want to eat. It would be nice if they had a coffee shop or something like it where you could grab a quick bite because honestly, there wasn't a lot of food choices onsite.

All in all I thought this was a very nice place but I probably would not go back and that is only because I prefer the slower pace of the North Shore of Lake Tahoe to the fast-paced, tourist driven atmosphere of the South Shore.

Great stay on the 4th of July!

by TripAdvisor Member Wakeboarderjeff

My family stayed over 4th of July weekend and had a terrific time at the Marriott! We stayed on a marketing package, which required a 90 minute sales presentation. The bonus - we stayed on one of Tahoe's busiest weekends for $150 - FOR THREE NIGHTS! The sales presentation was professional, unlike the high-pressure Embassy Vacation Resort sales torture we endured just a few months prior. Furthermore, even though we didn't buy, we received $100 in dining/casino gift certificates.

Regarding the property, I'm a Marriott Platinum Rewards member, so I’ve traveled a bit. I think this hotel warrant serious consideration if you’re visiting South Lake Tahoe. Our room was a true one-bedroom suite, with a terrific jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom and a separate bathroom. The living/dining room was spacious, and the kitchen featured full-size appliances. The hotel is ideally located next to the casinos for gamblers, which we’re not, and the myriad of restaurants and shops at the Heavenly Village. Also, we were given free passes to a private beach on the lake.

Lake Tahoe is a world-class destination, and the Timber Lodge is a great property to stay at while enjoying the area!

Great Condo

We went up there for their timeshare preview promo. We got a 1 bedroom villa. If you're flexible, you might be able to get this upgrade. Basically it's a really nice one bedroom apartment with full kitchen, dining area, living room, master bedroom, spa tub, and bathroom w/shower. Otherwise, it's a studio with a microwave. 4 days, 3 night for $225 which is pretty good for what you get and the room lists for about $200-$250/nt. It looks like some other reviewers got it at $150. Parking was $11/day extra. You're in Heavenly Village. The Heavenly Gondola is right next door. Raley's supermarket is a block away. The casino buffets are not good so I suggest you use the nice kitchen to cook up something pre-marinated from Raley's. If you sit through their 90min timeshare presentation, they'll give you $100 in casino credit. Actually if you pass through any casino, Marriott has a timeshare desk with the same presentation offer. If you get the Harvey's certificate, ask for Slot credit. They redeemed our certificate for cash. If you get the Caesar's certificate, ask for Slot coins. Then stick them all in a machine and cash it out. Of course you could just play the credits and test your luck. If I had kids or was way older, I might even consider buying their timeshare.

A great resort with the best location on the lake

by TripAdvisor Member gir7375

We loved this place. It is a beautiful resort with lots to do. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I did not find this resort to be noisy like the other posts. The only cons to this resort is the extra expense for the parking but the staff was so quick and friendly that we did not mind paying the parking fee.

We can't wait to come back. The area is a must see!!

by jerzydee

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about this resort, basically is it in a good location? I have been looking for a good hotel that is kid friendly, originally wanted something on the lake but have been challenged one that suits our needs.
Any input is welcomed.

Thanks

Re: Marriott's Timber Lodge

by tahoesasha

Hi, I live in South Lake Tahoe and would recommend the Timber Cove Lodge. It's got a restaurant right on the pier, fantastic view as well. It's right on the main road, though. If you want something out of the way, try Camp Richardson Resort on Hwy 89. It's out of town a little ways along the west shore of the lake, right on the beach, near horseback riding, a great beachfront restaurant (The Beacon), has awesome cute cabins, and is walking distance to Fallen Leaf Lake, Tallac Historic Site, Valhalla, Taylor Creek, and a 15 minute drive to Emerald Bay, 35-45 minute drive to Tahoe City. There's a wonderful bike path that runs the whole way. Fireside Lodge is also right near Camp Rich and is owned by people I know well. Very very cute place, knotty pine paneling, rustic, very friendly people.

Re: Marriott's Timber Lodge

by xcrven

Tahoesasha is right on. Excellent and accurate information!!!!

Comments