735 Emerald Bay Rd., Lake Tahoe, California, 96150-6500, United States
Orbitz.com Travelocity Otel.com

More about South Lake Tahoe

Kayaking on the lakeKayaking on the lake

Loading the BoatLoading the Boat

Sunset on the beachSunset on the beach

Lake Tahoe sunsetLake Tahoe sunset

Rental Home Question

by Mike9115

I will be renting a home in the South Lake Tahoe area near Heavenly Valley Ski Resort in December. I've looked at the address on the internet and it does not seem to exist. According to the rental agency, this place is new and still not posted. Would someone in the South Lake Tahoe area do someone a big favor and check to see if this address exist? 3633 Mackedie Way, South Lake Tahoe (6 bedroom, 6 bath home)

I would really appreciate this! I live pretty far from Tahoe so I can't check it out myself. I've done some investigating with the chamber of commerce and they don't think that it exist. I'm starting to think that the rental agency may not be legitimate.

Please respond to : mikesletter@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Mike

by squidly2

?? That address shows up fine on www.mapquest.com. And according to where it is on Mapquest, it is very close to Heavenly. Hope it works out for you!

Hi squidly2,

The address comes up fine with maps services on the internet, but when I checked with the South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce, they said that there's no such address. So, I'm a bit worried that when I drive up there along with my guests, there might not be such a place.

I'll cross my fingers because I placed a deposit on my credit card already.

by squidly2

Sorry I can't help further - I'm down in Monterey now but was up in Tahoe a couple weeks ago. There is a lot of construction up there. At least it's on your credit card, so if there's an issue you could always call them and tell them not to pay. I understand why you'd want to figure it out ahead of time. I've never heard of anyone getting ripped off up there, and there are a lot of private rentals.

by tahoesasha

Mike, did you come visit already? I am replying because I think the problem is with the Chamber of Commerce, not your rental agency. Mackedie is a real street! It's the second to last left turn off of Ski Run Blvd at the top. I'm sure you have worked this out already! Hope you're enjoying the snow!!

by Mike9115

Thanks TahoeSasha! We did stay at the place already and it was wonderful!

Travel Tips for South Lake Tahoe

Ski and Board Lake Tahoe

by kaytahoe

We rented Ski and Snowboards from Sierra Sport Rentals 775-588-0970 at GREAT GREAT ROCK BOTTOM PRICES. Great Gear at skiis $16 and boards $17! Nicest shop and the best people run the store. They are only a couple of minutes from Heavenly and worth the short drive of all of 5 minutes to SAVE BIG! All I can say is WOW what a deal!!! Ski package $16 a day and Snowboard Package $17 a day!!! WOW WOW WOW

Not really off the beaten path

by pmarshuk

But I can only find one picture of Sacramento where we stopped on the way back to San Jose. So I thought I'd put it here. It was really hot that day and most people in the old town were moving quickly from store to store to keep cool.

Great seafood buffet!

by jessicadf about Harvey's Seafood Buffet

On the Casino level of Harvey's Lake Tahoe is the Seafood Buffet. My husband grew up eating there on Friday evenings and it's still open now. It has, of course, been remodeled and revamped since that time, and of course the price has gone up since then.

I was impressed and surprised with the quality of the food (it's a buffet, afterall). The fish was all fresh and tasty, and there was very little wait to get in (3 couples ahead of us to pay -- less than 5 minutes to be seated from the time we walked up).

There are several "stations" that serve up various styles of seafood cuisine: raw bar, sushi bar, Pan-Asian (stir fry, abalone soup, dumplings, pad thai, etc.) Cajun, Mexican, salads, fried fish... plus they always have prime rib, and an INCREDIBLE dessert buffet. The seared ahi was particularly tasty, as was the single-serving cherry pie.

The Lake

by Geoff_Wright

Having driven to Lake Tahoe from Nevada, I found most of the places I had intended to stop at were not really convenient. For instance, some of those places (located from my map) were obstructed by road works! I drove through Stateline, Nevada, and shortly afterwards saw a rest area which was easy to drive into, complete with free car park, and restrooms. There was also a icecream van parked up. In that heat, an iced Coke never tasted so good!

Shop the village

by hartmany

There is a good amount of entertainment around Heavenly village in addition to the casinos. A number of restaurants from fast food to well prepared gourmet, an ice skating rink, an arcade, and movie theater are all a few minute walk apart.

Comments