Pinewood Inn South Lake Tahoe

Casino and Gambling Skiing and Boarding Hiking and Walking
See Amenities

DO NOT STAY - PINEWOOD INN OPERATED BY SCAMMERS

by written on November 7, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. The proprietors of the PINEWOOD INN are completely deceitful scammers. They use a "bait & switch" method for luring people with pets in to stay. We were taking a trip up to Tahoe with our two small Boston terriers, and found this place on http://Priceline.com which said "Pets Allowed" on their website. Only when we actually arrived at the Pinewood Inn did the owners inform us it would be an additional $25 per pet per night!!! This is ridiculous if you consider that the rooms are $35 per night for TWO PEOPLE!!! So they wanted an extra $50 a night for our pets to stay and I said no thank you, I will stay elsewhere. The deceitful owners then informed me that they have a 24-hour cancellation policy, and since it was within 24 hours, they would still charge my credit card for the full price of the entire reservation. THIS IS COMPLETE FRAUD.

When I called Priceline up to tell them what had happened, they informed me that there was nothing they could do for me. Are you kidding me???? Priceline is just as guilty of this fraud as is the Pinewood Inn as Priceline allows scammers like this to perpetuate their business online!!!! I am a VERY DISSATISFIED customer, and will not being using Priceline again, as they are not customer-oriented at all, but rather take the side of the merchant, as deceitful as they may be.

pinewood inn

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 24, 2010

I have stayed here last summer, last winter & this summer. It's a nice family hotel. It's close to everything, a 5 min.walk to IHOP, 10 min. to ski run and a 5 min drive to the casino's & sking. It's comfortable, clean & inexpensive. What else do you need ?

Nearby Pinewood Inn South Lake Tahoe

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

South Lake Tahoe Travel Forum

Need advice about South Lake Tahoe, California? Visit the Travel Forum for South Lake Tahoe and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest South Lake Tahoe hotel reviews