Stateline Economy Inn & Suites Lake Tahoe

The summitThe summit

Harrah's CasinoHarrah's Casino

Discount Heavenly Passes

by mattyd_1

I'm looking for the most cost-effective way to purchase passes for Heavenly ski resort. My wife and I are visiting Jan 24-31, 2009 and plan on skiing 4 of those days. The deal from the resort is a 4 day pass for $284. I've heard of Albertson's, Savemart, and Lucky's offering discounted lift tickets in the past, but I haven't seen anything like that for the '08-09 season. Does anyone know of any great deals, or the best way to get the cheapest lift tickets for Heavenly? Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Discount Heavenly Passes

by Jamesr3939

I haven't seen those discount coupons at the grocery stores in a few years. Not to say they won't do it this year, but I just haven't seen them recently. Also, as I recall the stores that had them were not at SLT, but down in the central valley (where I live).

Re: Discount Heavenly Passes

by DSwede

I too have not seen the discount booklets from the grocery stores in a while. If you find something, write back because I'm curious to know what you find.

Travel Tips for South Lake Tahoe

Relax in Tahoe

by lmkluque

Though the town areas my be overrun by tourist at times, the locals simply step out their back doors for all the rest and relaxation Nature can offer. If the view isn't of the lake surrounded by snow capped mountians it is this, trees at every turn of the head.

What I can't share with you are the sounds of tree limbs and leaves rustling in the wind. Animals scampering about, crunching a ground layer of twigs and decomposing vegetation. Nor can I share the harmonious echo of various birds communicating with each other from tree to tree.

Fallen Leaf Lake

by jessicadf

Not at all far from Lake Tahoe, just a little ways away from Emerald Bay, is Fallen Leaf Lake. Tucked away and off the beaten path, there are lake homes that look like they've been in families for generations. It feels charming, safe, hidden and a bit East Coast. The road the goes around the lake dead-ends at the Stanford Camp.

Big Juicy Steaks!!!

by xdescendx about Old Range Steakhouse

This is the best steakhouse that I've ever been to. And I've been to many from Mortons, Ruth Chris, Peter Lugers. The prime rib alone probably weighs 30oz althought he chef won't disclose that information. I had the Porterhouse which overlapped my super hot metal plate that it's served on. It was large which sometimes may not come out too well but they managed to perfectly sear all of the flavors in and it was a fantastic steak. I had to losted more than 1 button :) Do not pass by if you see this place. TRheres only 9 tables so it may be packed. But wait.....You wont regret it :) Porterhouse :)

Emerald Bay is BEAUTIFUL

by skib

This park was beautiful. We parked far away and hiked in. you have to get to the parking lots early or they do tend to fill up. We hiked about 1.5 miles to Emerald Bay. We stopped at a seculded beach for a private swim. This was in July, but the lake is so deep it's always cold. After the walk though it felt good. We walked to a waterfall area that was pretty neat and went into a old respot or house when we were at Emerald Bay. It was a great park and a great day. Take a lunch, take the kids (there were a lot of families there) and plan to spend some time. There are tons of parks on lake tahoe but we thought (and were told) this was one of the best.

Emerald Bay

by newsphotogirl

As beautiful as these pictures are, they pale in comparison of the real thing. We parked at Eagle Falls trailhead. After a quick hike to Eagle lake we made our way across the street to Emerald Bay. A quick note about parking. There are three parking areas. There is the trailhead for Eagle Falls which is $5. Just past the entrance for Eagle Falls trailhead on the left (mountain side) is very limited parking off the road which is free but fills up fast. Then on the right (Emerald Bay side) is parking for Emerald Bay State Park which is $6. Since we parked at Eagle Falls and then walked across the street and up a few yards to Emerald Bay State Park.

At the main parking lot at Emerald Bay is an area lookout with great views and a good spot for taking pictures. Then you can hike down to the beach and Vikingsholm. The "hike" to the beach is all downhill and basically and old dirt road. There are restrooms at the bottom. The beach is small but nice. You can take a tour of Vikingsholm for $5 or just walk around the outside which is what we did.

Once you get to the bottom and the beach area you can continue on for about a 1/4 mile to Eagle Falls.

Just remember to bring plenty of water and save some energy for the walk back up!

Comments