599 Tahoe Keys Blvd, Lake Tahoe, California, 96151, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Luxury rentals by the water

Tahoe Keys is a man-made housing area at the southern end of Lake Tahoe. The area consists of small curvy streets that have houses on both sides, and canals between the houses on different streets.

Most of the houses are big, with three to five bedrooms, a large patio at the back and a balcony. Some of them can be rented for a weekend or a longer period with hefty pricetag. But the rent includes all bedlinen, and there is usually a grill and a hottub available, too.

The water on the canals is not from the lake; it is completely different water -- it looks so dirty that dipping is not really an option. People keep boats on the canals and somehow they are transferred to the lake and back.

More about Tahoe Keys Resort

Get a boat and go out onto...

by MarkCortell

Get a boat and go out onto Lake Tahoe - the deepest fresh water lake in North America. The water is freezing, but amazingly clear and clean. The picture below is the Tahoe Keys as we are pulling away in our Sea Ray boat.

Good food, terrible service / management

by brendandoyle about Fresh Ketch

We reserved a group dinner for my mother-in-law’s 80th birthday on Sunday June 26th. There were a large number of us (17) so we went into the restaurant the day before to make sure they could accommodate us. We reserved a specific area of the upstairs dining room overlooking the marina and were told things would be ready for us the next night no problems. We should have known the bad things to come when they called us Sunday evening to see why we didn’t show up. We had to remind the person on the phone our reservation was for the following night.

When we arrived 15 minutes early for our 6:30 reservation we found they had moved us to the back of the restaurant and seated us at a long table – 17 people in a single row made it impossible for my 80 year old mother-in-law to communicate with most of her family. When we talked to the manager all she could say was ‘sorry – I see that you had reserved tables in another area – I guess we messed up. I’ll be up to check on you throughout the evening to make sure everything is going alright’. We never saw her the rest of the evening.

Now things get interesting. We had one waiter assigned to us – for a party of 17. There were 3 other waiters in the restaurant and only 3 other tables we saw there the entire evening, but no one helped our waiter. The food was delivered as quickly as the poor guy could manage, but when the bill came, we found out they ‘comped’ us one bottle of champagne (we ordered 2 reasonable but not terribly expensive stuff to toast my wife’s mother) and over charged us $39 for 1 dinner. I do appreciate a free bottle of @21 champagne, but with all the issues we had and for all the money we spent (close to $700) I would have expected more. They also charged us to split 2 salads – not the entrée’s but the starter salads. I would expect to potentially pay a small fee to split an entrée, but $4 each to split a salad???

If you have a small party and wish to enjoy the view of the Tahoe Keys marina, I’d recommend this restaurant – a special occasion?? Forget it. Overall, the food was very good – the chef did an admirable job and no one complained about the food, but this restaurant is very obviously not set up to handle a large party, the management does not seem to care about it’s patron’s.

Boating From South Lake Tahoe

by eljusto

We towed our 17.5' Glastron runabout from Southern California to South Lake Tahoe, driving up 395 on the Eastern side of the Sierras (beautiful drive). We stayed for a week in a house in Tahoe Keys, with its own boat dock. This was a relatively inexpensive vacation, and we loved the area so much that my wife told me we were moving there...

Waking up happy to be alive....

by tahoesasha

Lake Tahoe is one of North America's highest, biggest, deepest, clearest, coldest and purest alpine lakes. It rivals Crater Lake in beauty (Crater is the only North American lake measured to be deeper than Tahoe). Lake Tahoe has one outlet, the Truckee River in Tahoe City on the northwest shore, and 63 tributary inlets, including the Tahoe Keys in South Lake Tahoe.

Meyers, California, 5 miles west of South Lake Tahoe (pop 33K), is my home. If you can be in love with a place, I am. This is a great area for people truly passionate for outdoor activities. You can snowmobile, cross-country ski, mountain bike, snowshoe, swim, beachcomb, lake and river kayak, raft, wakeboard, hike, run, road bike, car camp, backpack, boat camp, stargaze, walk, golf, dirt bike, 4x4, telemark, fish, study animals and plants, rock climb, boulder, snowboard, do outdoor photography; writing; art; theatre; go boating, sail, parasail, hot-air balloon, FLY, AND downhill ski a maximum of 60 minutes from SLT, with most being a 10 minute drive or right out your front door.
It's a backcountry paradise not quite on the level of extremity of BC or Colorado but definitely solid.

Romantic Dinner?

by cwest03

My girlfriend and I will be in South Lake Tahoe this weekend for our anniversary so I'm looking for some good recommendations for places to have a nice romantic dinner. We enjoy all kinds of different food so don't be concerned if your recommendation is out of the ordinary. Actually the more out of the ordinary the better although I don't know if out of the ordinary, romantic and South Lake Tahoe go together.

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Re: Romantic Dinner?

by joesorce

www.tahoevacationguide.com/Activities/romanticdining.html

Re: Re: Romantic Dinner?

by cwest03

Thanks for the great link. Have you been to any on the list?

Re: Romantic Dinner?

by Echo_29

From my assistant in Truckee, his comments and ratings, not mine, but he has good taste:

Don’t know too many in South Lake:
1. Romantic: (see #4) , south lake = Cafe Fiore'
2. Good quality but minimal atmosphere : Dixon’s on Emerald Bay Road / Fresh Ketch in Tahoe Keys Marina is ok. Chart House on Kingsbury Grade (same old) but great view.
3. Caples Lake Lodge is awesome but about a 40 minute drive from S.L.T.
4. Best on the Lake is unfortunately between Kings Beach and Incline Village (at Stateline, north) Soule Domain (awesome).
5. Incline Village = Lone Eagle Grill
6. West Shore Homewood = West Shore Café (if still open for the season), Swiss Lakewood
7. Tahoe City: Wolfdales (awesome) !!!!, Fiama
8. Truckee: Moody’s, Dragonfly, Pianetta’s, Pacific Crest

Re: Re: Romantic Dinner?

by cwest03

Thanks for great list. Right now I'm leaning toward the Chart House. I know it's the same old but I'm a sucker for a view.

Any other tips are welcomed.

Comments