Best Western Grosvenor Airport Hotel

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

380 South Airport Blvd., South San Francisco, California, 94080-6704, United States
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 57% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Grosvenor Airport Hotel

Bed Bugs

by TripAdvisor Member bugman12

Had to spend the night at this hotel. The airline messed up our flights, so they put us up at Best Western. Got in around 11pm went to sleep. Woke up with bites all over me and my wifes body.

Called the manager to let him know. Well he didnt much care, he looked around the bed. (Said it was because we were at the beach days ago. and it was beach flies. They wait for days to bite) RIGHT!!

I searched the bed and found bug droppings all over. I am a Pest Control Technician and I have seen Bed Bugs. This can be a serious problem, you can take them home with you and Oh boy watch out. Im just pissed that this hotel ( Oh ya the lady at the airport said she has heard that this hotel has had this problem before) they just didn't care.

Yuck what a dump

by TripAdvisor Member deepdvr_ca

Stuck us in a smoking room on the smoking floor. Had to move it was so bad. Got a bed on the street with all of the traffic noise. The staff sucked. I will never ever never stay there again. The only attraction was the park and stay rate for the airport. Breakfast the next day was paper plates, plastic utensils and eggs. Not much of a value. Got no sleep due to the noise.

Great value for SFO

by TripAdvisor Member Lonek

This hotel has a great cost/value ratio for an SFO location.

The pros: clean, convenient bedrooms with iron, hairdryer, coffee maker. Free wireless Internet, nice warm breakfast included, free airport shuttle every 20 or 30 minutes. Close to the airport car rental, a couple of restaurants are about 3 blocks away. Samtrans stop nearby. Efficient staff. Good prices. Comfortable beds/pillows. Fast elevators. Discount for booking through the hotel's own website.

Caution: ask for a room from the airport/front side of the hotel, the traffic noise from the 101 can be a problem for rooms from the back side, the windows are not soundproof.

If I ever needed an SF airport location again, I'd definitely stay there.

Decent stay, but nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member OSUTwoOne

Stayed here for only one night, before leaving from SFO. Checked in later in the night, front desk was less than helpful - fairly unresponsive to my questions. Did not have the floor I initially requested along with the king size bed we wanted.

We were on the seventh floor on the side directly facing the airport. Granted, it is an airport hotel, but it was extremely noise considering the traffic below and flight takeoffs/landings. Although not the fault of the hotel, it was a disruptive night of sleep to say the least.

Bed was very average, bordering on uncomfortable with thin sheets and blankets. Television was very fuzzy and the bathroom was perhaps the smallest one I've been in. Our departure was extremely early, so thankfully, we only spent a brief night in the room.

Upon checkout, I don't believe that the front desk person said absolutely one word to us about our stay or even greeted us as we checked out. Simply took our keys and printed a receipt before immediately retreating to the backroom.

Airport shuttle was on-time and a smooth process, so no complaints there.

Not a bad experience for the value, but wouldn't stay here again. It's close to the airport, but that's really about it.

OK if You Get a Good Rate

by TripAdvisor Member HikaruDragon

My young teen daughter and I stayed for 3 nights during Spring Break. Pluses: hot buffet breakfast convenient before setting out for the day, good rate on Hotwire compared to San Francisco city hotel rates (but we had a car), free use of computer in the business center, good showers (plenty of soft, hot water and strong water pressure). Minuses: tired linens (sheets and towels thin and limp), tired staff (only two seemed truly happy to help). Be warned that you need to check in the with the host/hostess for the breakfast buffet. I didn't remember my room number (transposed two numbers) the first morning and the host was rather huffy that he had to look up our room number. I asked one of the receptionists three times where the stairs were (one time stating the obvious that we wanted to walk from the first floor to a higher floor) and she continued to stare at us blankly until a colleague finally told us where they were located. I don't think people use the stairs frequently, because we were directed to a door at the back of the lounge that was marked "Emergency Exit Only" but were assured by the bartender that we could use the stairs.

Unless you get a good rate, I would stay elsewhere.

Average...a typical Airport Hotel experience

by TripAdvisor Member chris036

The Grosvenor lies 7mins by free shuttle bus from SFO airport. Not much to look at inside or out; check in was simple and quick without courtesy or smile; the lifts are small but quick; rooms large & clean but rather dull and lifeless. Free breakfast was fine, enough choice for most.

There's an outdoor pool but I really doubt anyone stays long enough to use it. It's all in a days work for Airport Hotel designers I think!!

Too much noise

by TripAdvisor Member heownby

We stayed here overnight prior to early flight from SFO to the East Coast. All we needed was a quiet room so we could get a few hours sleep prior to getting up at 4am to catch a 6 am flight. We had asked for a quiet room, and were given one at the far end of the hall. Unfortunately, the rooms nearby were occupied by folks who partied and talked loudly in the hall until close to midnight. There were some youth soccer teams staying there also, who tended to play with the elevators. There's a Mc Donalds across the street, in the event you don't want a full meal. Their "full breakfast" which is part of the room rate did not start until about an hour after we left the hotel on the shuttle. The room was large, bathroom small. WeI probably would not choose to stay here again.

A Comfortable Room at an Excellent Price

by TripAdvisor Member DJ_Biz_Traveler

I travel to the Bay Area frequently on business, and after trying a number of hotels on the Peninsula, the Grosvenor is now my hotel of choice. It is located very close to the SF airport, and they have frequent shuttle service (which I did not use as I had a rental car), as well as abundant free parking. It is an older property, but the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly and customer service oriented. I usually take advantage of their complimentary breakfast, which includes various hot and cold dishes, such as eggs, cereal, bagels, yogurt, etc. I've had dinner in the restaurant a couple of times, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food was pretty good. Best of all is the price; the Grosvenor is one of the few hotels in the area where you can get a decent room for under $100 per night. All in all, this is an above average hotel experience at a great price, which is why I stay here often.

Best Western Grovsvenor--great stay

by TripAdvisor Member mkjeld

This is a great hotel, especially if you have a car in San Francisco. Friendly, helpful staff, clean and modern, GREAT breakfast to start the day, and PARKING. Had rental car driving California coast and downtown hotels charge $40 a day or better JUST for the car. We drove in one day, but spent way to much time running to the meter as we were advised not to overfeed the meter and if the car was towed it was VERY expensive and VERY difficult to get it back. We found pay lots but they were also VERY expensive. At this hotel you can take the shuttle to the airport and ride the BART into San Francisco. I would definitely stay there again.

Excellent stay! Wish I could have stayed longer!

by TripAdvisor Member Neeneed

I stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel itself is newer, and very beautiful. There is a restaurant onsite ( the Brass Elephant) and there is also a McDonalds directly in front of the hotel across the street. The room was large, nicely decorated, with a workdesk, sittlng chair, lamps, alarm clock,iron and ironing board, which is located inside the mirrored closet. Also there were TWO luggage racks in the closet. Nice touch, when you have more than one person in tthe room with a large luggage. Bed was comfy.The bathroom had counter space that started above the toilet ( where you could plug in a curiling iron) then extended over to where the sink was. There was a coffeemaker in the bathroom right above the sink on the corner wall, as well as coffee cups and coffee. The shower head was nice. You can select different types of water: pulse, spray, massage, etc. The staff was wonderful. They had a hot breakfast consisting of yogurt, sausage, eggs, milk, cereal, juice, fruit, scones, rolls, and coffee ( the coffee was good and flavorful, for those who are coffee connoseurs like myself (smile)). Parking was plentiful and free. They have an airport shuttle, and you can pick a schedule up as well, and information about local attractions, and other useful information right there at the desk. I had a wonderful stay here, I only regret that it was too short., when in town, I will definitely stay here again!

WelcomeWelcome

now made in USA!now made in USA!

waiting for my ridewaiting for my ride

wow!wow!