Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport North

Booking.com Travelocity IHG

Satisfaction Poor

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Nice for a Holiday Inn

Holiday Inns are sometimes just bad, although the airport locations seem to prove otherwise.
    I got this one on Hotwire for relatively cheap and was impressed with the hotel for the duration of my stay (3 nights).
    The lobby is beautiful, and there's a nice seating area near the elevators that's used as a kind of meeting place. The front desk staff were nice, and the manager was out most of the time surveying the place or helping out at the desk.
    The room was fairly large and well-kept, but Holiday Inn rooms are typically pretty consistent.
    They had hard-wired internet, which I appreciate, and it worked quite well.
    It's an excellent location. Very convenient to the airport and even walking distance to at least a couple of restaurants. There's a large shopping mall with a Target about 1/2 mile away in San Bruno, but it requires you to get onto the 380 very briefly.
    Didn't get a chance to try the free airport shuttle, but it's there.
    My only complaint was that there was a wedding one night, and I came back to find the lot full. This required me to park in the adjacent convention center lot and, the next day, my car was sitting in it alone. A little annoying, but the wedding was pretty quiet.

Unique Quality: Beautiful lobby, good location

Directions: From 101 northbound (from SFO), take the Airport Blvd exit (just after 380) and it's right in front of you

More about Holiday Inn San Francisco Airport North

Subpar

by TripAdvisor Member GMeyerOmaha

Fortunately, we only spent one night at this hotel, while laying over in San Fran. during a trip to Asia. We've stayed at many Holiday Inns, but this one was well below standards. The rooms were dingy, there was evidence of mold in the bathroom, and the elevator was downright shabby. Although we asked for a non-smoking room, only smoking was available. Our room smelled like an aiport smokers' lounge, and there were cigarette burns on the beadspread and desk chair to boot. Plus we could hear noise from the patio area of the bar below our room.

Stay elsewhere if you can.

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member DBC Chicago

Room was OK - comfortable and quiet. But we stayed 4 nights and the room was only cleaned well 1 of the 4. Most nights we had to go down to the desk to get towels as they were not re-stocked. The tub was only cleaned once. The public areas of the hotel were dirty. Understaffed and not responsive to problems -- won't be staying here again!

Not impressed

by TripAdvisor Member ER2

Spent 1 night here, as I wanted to be close to the airport for an early morning departure. Thought the Holiday Inn brand was a step above Holiday Inn Express, but this was not the case.

Room was spacious, but in need of updating. Very lumpy king sized bed. Bathroom was not very clean. Free wireless internet kept dropping connection every 5 minutes. TV did not receive many clear channels....very snowy image. Construction going on outside the hotel made for a noisy evening. Microwave oven & fridge in room.

Front desk was not all all friendly, and bordered on rude - to keep a guest waiting there for 5 minutes while 2 employees are finishing their joking around was not appreciated. Questions were answered in a condescending way.

The only positive things I have to comment on are the on-site restaurant / bar, which was very good & reasonably priced, and the free airport shuttle was comfortable, on time, and the driver was very pleasant. Other than that, there are many other hotel options in the same price range near the airport - I'll most definately use these options next time.

Lacks Quality! Don't confuse with HIExpress on same road

by TripAdvisor Member mateometeor

Not recommended.
This is the second time I stayed here within the past 6 months. I live in the area and the work on my condo required a few days of hotel stay throughout the year, so I am not looking for any great amenities, just comfort and cleanliness. Holiday Inn 275 south Airport Blvd did not provide either!

The room is very dated in decoration-the least of the issues. The level of comfort of bedding is subpar-the bed feels a like a slab of plywood with a foam covering -most motels are better. The cleanliness here is also subpar. there is cracked grout in the shower with mold in my bathroom along with a stained tub. Their is a bad, stale smell on the entire floor which begins in the elevator. Garbage bags are often in the hallway from the guests, due to lack of in room bins? but they remain until the next morning.

If you are considering the Holiday Inn at 275 S. airport blvd. then reconsider. The Holiday Inn *Express* at 373 S. airport blvd is a much more comfortable and modern place.

With Priceline you don't know which hotel you are getting just the Star rating and the amenities. I was unlucky to get this location twice.

Buyer Beware

by TripAdvisor Member Edster1971

It takes a lot for me to write a complaint, but I thought I'd share my experience so it may save someone else a disappointment. I didn't have a choice of the hotel, priceline selected this property based upon my request for a 3 star hotel for $80. After reading several bad reviews here and that others have paid $40 a night, I was flabbergasted (although I wasn't sure if it should be directed at priceline or HI). The hotel was far from a 3 star, and the front desk was not very accommodating with our request for a non-smoking room. I don't need to reiterate the condition the property is in, but will simply confirm the state of repair and observations of previous guests below.

This is my first time booking with priceline, sadly, at the urging of a friend. Priceline does not and cannot guarantee a non-smoking room, and HI was completely booked (I believe for a wedding) that night and will not honour any requests from priceline. You also do not earn points with priceline bookings, in fact HI was clear they do not like guests to book with third party vendors. By booking at the hotel's website directly, you can always get similar rates plus you earn points/frequent flyer miles. At the end of the day, priceline has to squeeze out a profit, so the extras will have to go.

I am a Sheraton regular (anything from Four Points to Westin and le Meridien) and miss the Sweet Sleeper and Heavenly beds too much. I am not skimping $6 a night and have to settle for a lumpy bed and a bad night or in this case, two with HI again. It's like playing Russian Roulette with priceline.

No, it's not fancy, but for $40.00 on priceline it's worth it

by TripAdvisor Member missmarley

I was very anxious about staying there after reading the reviews. People.... it's a Holiday Inn. The bed was fine, the amenities were fine, the staff was nice and the location is perfect for an early flight. I wouldn't recommend staying there for your entire vacation, but for one night. Why not?!!

I serioulsy don't know what previous people whom have posted were expecting. The room was clean. Towels could use some replacing they are pretty stiff and the TV had awful feedback on several channels. I stayed at the Westin St. Francis for three nights on my vacation and that room had stains in the carpet and the ceiling was peeling in both the bedroom and bathroom... seriously... don't get scared off from this hotel. Just expect HOLIDAY Inn, NOT luxury accomodations.

ps. Had dinner at the Hungry Hunter. Delicious prime rib!

Unbelievably bad! Run down hotel, bad staff

by TripAdvisor Member MissKenton

When we first came to hotel around 10.30 a.m., we were told that our rooms were nor ready yet.

So we left our luggage and headed out to SF. Returning to the hotel at about 9 p.m., we were first told, that there hotel was fully booked and that there was no reservation for us. Then, they kindly offered us a room, which was a mess: dirt everywhere, view of the parking lot (room was on ground level), scribblings on the wall (!!!), full dirt bins in the hallway... The second was no better. After a long discussion they finally gave us a third room which was just about o.k..

I spare you the detailed tale of waiting times in the lobby for every request we made during the course of the evening, the impertinent behaviour of the staff and management.

This hotel was one of the worst I've every seen.

Great Value, Great Loation

by TripAdvisor Member sk3

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn the night before our flight home from San Francisco. We found the location to be convenient and an excellent value for the money. We purchased through Hotwire for $61 per night. We would highly recommend the hotel to any traveler looking for a good value close to the airport.

below expectations

by TripAdvisor Member jason1975

it was ok. very slow staff. we waited over an hour and a half to have a crib delivered, and that's with several inquiries into it's status. elevator was unbelievably slow. nothing really good in the area for eating. room was ok, a/c unit wasn't working very well. poor hotel, but i can't complain about the price from priceline.

Comments