Extended StayAmerica Stockton

Dali and me on the Smith CanalDali and me on the Smith Canal

Travel Tips for Stockton

All You Can Eat Oriental Buffet--Best Deal Around

by atufft about Oriental Buffet

I put this into the Local category because this is in fact a local restaurant the serves virtually everything imaginable in an all you can eat buffet format--Fresh Sushi, Instant Stir Fry, a buffet line of every Chinese dish imaginable, plus things like prime rib, fried chicken, salads, vegies, and a long line of desserts. The business card claims over 150 items on the buffet menu. This place is not one of great atmosphere as this is a cattle call to the feeding trough. Seating is quick, and beverages, at $1- are also a reasonable deal, but there's no beer or wine served. It blows all other buffets and all-you-can-eat place away in terms of quality and service. The sushi isn't as finely crafted as some other places in town, and the seafood line is still a buffet, but for the price it can't be beat. The food moves quickly and nothing lingers long at the buffet line, so there's no fear of mediocre food. It's an ideal family restaurant. This is also a good place to go if planning to see a ballgame or hockey game downtown as the self-service format makes for quick dining. $11.95 p/p for dinner, $6.95 p/p for lunch. Lunch is basically the same except there's no seafood. I'm not usually an all-you-can-eat kind of guy. I prefer good service and great food crafted by a chef, but I'll have to be honest that frequently on a Friday night, my wife and I come here to keep our monthly restaurant tab relatively low. Rather than try to stuff myself with all the great dishes, I choose a different type each time I come. Because fried food doesn't settle in my stomach too well, I always avoid these types of dishes. I typically gravitate to the sushi line, which is overall a pretty good deal. I also like the fresh crab and shellfish buffets. The sauted broccoli and sauted mushrooms are a regular favorite.

Comments