725 Granlibakken Rd., Tahoe City, California, 96145, United States
Granlibakken Lodge and Conference Center
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Granlibakken Resort

View from the back of the cabinView from the back of the cabin

with my friend fentzwith my friend fentz

Family-Friendly Lodging Picks for Lake TahoeFamily-Friendly Lodging Picks for Lake Tahoe

Snowfest Winter Carnival at Lake TahoeSnowfest Winter Carnival at Lake Tahoe

Hotels in North Lake Tahoe

by cmcarney

We have a conference at Granlibakken (way overpriced) so we are looking for a hotel in the area of Tahoe City. The current ones on the list are Americas Best Value Inn, Ferrari's Crown Resort, and Best Western (Truckee). Does anyone have any experience with these hotels or the safety of the various areas.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hotels in North Lake Tahoe

by travelgourmet

Kings Beach has many motels to choose from and is about 20 minutes from Granlibakken Confrence Center. Check out the website: www.gotahoenorth.com

Re: Hotels in North Lake Tahoe

by DSwede

I agree that King Beach has more selection of economically priced motels. If you are looking for hotels (versus drive-up motels), you will have to go to Truckee, the Cal-Neva in Brockway (stateline on north side), or the Hyatt in Incline Village.

Having lived on the north shore, I can't say that I ever needed to stay in any of them. In regards to safety, all Tahoe communities are quite safe! The days of leaving your front door unlocked may have passed, but there are no safety concerns that you should worry about.

Travel Tips for Tahoe City

How come our ski instructor just left us here?

by karenincalifornia

This was one of those moments I was so glad I had my camera with me. These "people" on the lip overlooking the face of the Granite Chief are really little children around 8 to 10 years old. They are poised on top of one of the most challenging runs at Squaw Valley. I watched their ski instructor go first. "Watch me," she yelled, "Just jump off like this!" And off she jumped, leaving her entire class on the lip. Then one by one, each of the kids jumped off and disappeared below the lip

Dogs Pulling Kegs

by AKtravelers

During March, Tahoe City puts on a sort of Winter Canival with a series of small events around te northwest corner of Lake Tahoe. We stumbled upon one of those events as we were looking to sip a beer after a hard day of skiing. It was at one of the local bars on the main drag that has a dog theme for it's name (sorry, I can't exactly remember it's name, but you can't miss it). There, dog owners were invited to enter their pets in a keg-pulling drag race. Some of the dogs loved it, some wandered around randomly with kegs attached. It was quite funny. Too bad we hadn't brough the whippets with us!

snowboarding

by goingsolo

I'd never tried this before. Actually, I've never tried most winter activities since I live in a place that has no winter. Snowmobiling was a lot of fun. We found this high ridge, hidden behind a water tower, that was perfect for sliding downwards holding onto a board that picked up speed as it descended the somewhat steep slope, seemingly careening towards tall pine trees which could do some serious damage on impact. Thankfully, everyone was right in that its really easy to navigate. Its also pretty easy to abandon board if things get out of control.

The only downside to snowmobiling is the steep walk back up. But even that was not enough of a deterrent to try it, at least once.

Snow angels

by goingsolo

Try this is you want to feel like a kid again, or if you still are one. The soft, powdery snow is perfect for making an angel like figure. It is pretty cold and wet though, so proper clothing is recommended.

Skip Rocks on the Lake

by AKtravelers

An important part of visiting Lake Tahoe is to just stop and enjoy the simpler pleasures of being on the shore of a great clear, beautiful lake. Because Lake Tahoe results from a depression in the Sierra Nevada mountains that has filled with water, there are plenty of rocks around. Take some time to revisit your childhood and relearn the skills of skipping rocks. Can you get six skips out of one throw? On a warm afternoon by a calm lake, there are few questions more important.
That's definitely the thought of these children, still dressed up for my cousin's wedding but carring not at all about the festivities. Hey, they're too young for beer, so they have to entertain themselves somehow!

Comments