6589 N Lake Blvd Hwy 28, Tahoe Vista, CA 96148

Travel Tips for Tahoe Vista

Lake Tahoe Paradise

by goingsolo

"Apres storm"

The North Shore of Lake Tahoe contained all the beauty I expected to find in this area. The high rise construction of the South Side- to me an eyesore- was replaced by tiny towns, incredible views of the lake and the paradise I'd hoped to find.

We stayed in Tahoe Vista, a tiny area on a hill with commanding views of the magnificent lake. The winter of 2006-2007 began with unseasonably dry conditions, so much so that our long anticipated snowmobiling excursion was in jeopardy. Fortunately, a storm hit as we drove in and we awoke the next morning to pristine whiteness and a perfect day. The skiiers were disappointed and the trails were a bit bumpy, but little can detract from the beauty of this area.

Since most of the things to see and do are found in Tahoe City, I moved them over to that page. I also included separate tips from our jaunts over to Incline Village and Squaw Valley, two very worthwhile stops.

The four day trip was painfully short. We plan to return in March, 2007 for another long weekend, so stay tuned for more updates on a place, and an adventure, that captured my heart.

"Picture perfect"

Early March brought us beautiful weather and lots of fresh powder. A good sized storm the week before dumped several inches, then exited gracefully, leaving blue skies and sunshine for our arrival.

We hiked, we sledded and we snowmobiled, yet again. I still haven't gotten the hang of the latter, but we found this most incredible spot along an isolated trail with a fabulous view of the lake.

We're still hoping to come back here in the summer, to hike the trails and tube along the river. It will be fun to leave the heavy clothes at home. But Tahoe in the wintertime will always have a special place in my heart.

Comments