Tahoe Vista like some many of these other communities that encompass this whole lake, started as a lumber station where D. H. Wright, wood contractor from Douglas County, Nevada, established Pine Grove Station in 1865. He had many camps located all over this area so he could load up wagons or sledges filled with logs and have them taken over the pass to the Truckee where the railroad was. It wasn’t till 1911 a post office was established since mail steamers liked to stopped here and in July 18th lots were being sold by the Tahoe Development Company, a notorious madam named Cherry de St. Maurice of Sacramento an owner of a "parlor house" had just bought herself the first lot. The same year Tahoe Vista Hotel was built to attract visitors. In 1913 a casino found its way here bringing in the wealthy and lumberjacks alike for its entertainment.