Pechanga Resort And Casino

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

TEMECULA'S HOT SPOT

First class all the way. The Pechanga Resort and Casino is owned by the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians. They have been in the Temecula valley for over 10,000 years and have been successful in making their land return to glory with the building of the Resort and Casino. The hotel resort has beautiful guest rooms and suites with a full spa called the Spa Pechanga that has a great steam sauna that helps to take the sting out of the casino.

The casino is the largest in the entire western United States with 3,400 Vegas-style slot machines, 133 table games, and a poker room with 54 tables. Place your bet and go along for the ride. Colorful and noisy with a large non-smoking gambling area.

Want just the getaway. No problem. The hotel resort has a seasonal pool and sundeck with private cabanas to go along with the health club and spa. But, that's not all. Thinking of golf? The Journey at Pechanga is a world class golf course designed by Arthur Hills and his team at Arthur Hills/Steve Forrest & Associates, with hills and water throughout the course. I did not play but it looks inviting.

To top it all off, you really don't have to leave the property with eight restaurants, including a buffet, as well as great entertainment venues that include "The Eagle's Nest", a roof top nightclub. You have to go up just to look out and see the city lights.

Unique Quality: The best part of staying at the Pechanga Resort & Casino is that there is always something to do either at the resort/casino or nearby in the Temecula Wine Country or Old Town Temecula.

Directions: From the I-15, take the Temecula Parkway exit. Turn east on Temecula Parkway and travel approximately one (1) mile east to Pechanga Parkway and turn right. Travel approximately one (1) mile to Pechanga Resort & Casino.

More about Pechanga Resort And Casino

PECHANGA RESORT CASINO SEAFOOD

by travelgourmet about SEAFOOD GROTTO

Spotted the Pechanga Resort-Casino hot air balloon and decided to head on over to see what was at this location. The jackpot at this casino is not in the slot machines but in the restaurants. One of the best is the Seafood Grotto. A huge aquarium is the middle focus of the dining room with the outer walls of the restaurant done in a grotto stucco. A very good Sushi bar sits at the back and it seemed to be standing room only. The tables are cozy, but the booths around the outer walls is where to be. Fresh Sushi and seafood specialties are the main dishes served here and none disappoint. So, if gambling makes you hungry, try the Seafood Grotto. Besides the wonderful variety of Sushi offered, the oysters on the half shell is one of my favorites. Presented on a bed of crushed ice, the dozen oysters are arranged on a circular pattern with slices of lemon and creamed horseradish on the platter. Great!

Pechanga Resort and Casino

by GinGinCoo

The biggest Indian Resort/Casino in California, Am I in Vegas? You might ask when you get there. Has an 88,000 square feet casino area. Pechanga Resort & Casino carries the prestigious title of California’s only AAA Four Diamond Resort. They have 522 Rooms and Suites, Convention area, Pool and Spa, with the warm and sunny climate Temecula offers nearly all year round, the relaxing outdoor pool and sundeck are open throughout the year.
Also the resort has an awesome Showroom, check the schedule, this showroom has NO bad seats!, even in the nose-bleed section you can see very well. Lots of famous artists/entertainers perform here.

Pechanga slots are loose!

I first stayed at the Pechanga in March. The room was very nice, but a bit overpriced, but I won enough on the nickel and dollar slot machines to play for it and then some($2300)! I checked out the pool, spa and gym and have to conclude that Pechanga isn't really a resort; it's more like a glorified hotel.I went back to Pechanga in July and again won $2000 on the dollar slots. When I returned in Oct, I won $10,000 on the dollar slots. In November, I walked in the casino with $500 and walked out with over $5000 after playing dollar slots. I've been to many of the other Indian casinos as well as many of the ones in Vegas. I find the slot machines at Pechanga to be the loosest I've ever played. I've witnessed other people winning, $1000, $5000, $10,000 and $20,000 jackpots. I will be definetly go back!

OLD TOWN TEMECULA

by travelgourmet

Just off the I-15 in Temecula, on Front Street is the heart of Temecula, Old Town. the part of Temecula was started up in 1859 when the second post office in California was established. The first was in San Francisco. The Pechanga Band of Indians had been around for up to 10,000 years before the Spanish came in 1797 to look for an area to build a mission. One was built a few miles away in Pala.

As for Old Town today, it is a great week-end getaway for most of Southern California. Within an hour's drive from San Diego and about two hours from Los Angeles, this area of Temecula calls out to the old west feel in most of us. Antique stores, boutiques, restaurants, bars, and one of the largest country western music venues in the Stampede.

Aside from Old Town, Temecula also has 28 wineries in the valley, about 15-20 minutes up Rancho California Road. A lot of fun, a lot of walking, talking, eating, and drinking go on between Old Town and the winery road. Spend the week-end and enjoy this wonderful part of Southern California.

Not what we expected

My husband and I stayed in a suite at Pechanga just this last weekend. We live in Temecula, and are frequent visitors to Las Vegas and to the suites in the Pala casino nearby. The suite at Pechanga itself was pleasant, but only had one bathroom accessible from both the living room and bedroom, providing little privacy from guests. In addition, there were none of the perks you expect with a suite, such as complimentary water, bathrobes, slippers, etc. When we called for more pillows, (only having two!) we were told that the hotel was totally out of pillows. The bathtub (like the pool!) was tiny. Our relatives who came in with us from out of town also found it "cheesy".

It apparently has a 4-Diamond rating, but we felt that the hotel and casino management didn't really feel like they had to try. It was nothing special.

We'll stick with Pala!

Pretty nice

The hotel was pretty nice, the rooms were comfortable and accomodating.

We tend to stay at Pala Casino when we drive up here as Pala rooms are much much nicer and very cheap. My husband will drive the 5-10 minutes away to Pechanga while I stay and play slots at Pala.

Definitely not as great as Pala rooms though, but would stay again if needed to.

Worst Experience!!!!!

We went to Pechanga for the weekend. We were really excited to go since this was our first time. We were not impressed with the rates because they are over-priced. You can get a room in Vegas for cheaper! We checked in and everything seemed fine. The room was gorgeous. We had an excellent time gambling and won. When we checked out, we noticed several charges from the mini bar that we never made. It was over $45.00. How can that be possible. Not only that but they charged an additional $100.00 from the time we booked our room on the internet. We were not very happy. Then, my boyfriend left his cell phone. We called and were advised that they had the cell phone. We drive 3 hours to learn that we have to claim the phone during business hours only, mon-fri. How inconvenient is that!!! They could have mentioned this over the phone. We drove out there for nothing. We will NEVER go back to Pechanga.

Food at the casino

I did not stay at the hotel but on Sat Jun 25, 2005 we took out of town guests to the casino and ate at the buffet and the food was terrible. The best thing about the diner was the coleslaw and that is sad to say when you spend 20.00 per person. This was our second trip the first was the same and this is sure our last. With the new casinos in the area the food is sure not helping their business.

Nice Place

by TripAdvisor Member SDPadreFan

We were only there for 2 days (1 night), but overall I would recommend this place. The rooms were very nice. Floor to ceiling windows, bathroom was nice, shower/tub combination had the new curved shower curtain rod. Plenty of hot water. Comfortable bed, pillows were a little to soft for my liking. Free in-room internet access for your laptop. Resort has several different restaurants, including a buffet (just like Vegas). Buffet is only open lunch/dinner during the week (we were there Wed/Thur). Lunch was @9.50, dinner was 13.00. Selection was good, overall grade of C+. I've had better, I've had worse. Pool is on the 3rd floor roof and is somewhat small. Nothing like the pools in Vegas, more like what you would expect at a Ramada or Comfort Inn. Large Casino (didn't try my luck), was there for business meetings.

PECHANGA BALLOON IN FLIGHTPECHANGA BALLOON IN FLIGHT