Comfort Inn Sequoia Kings Canyon Three Rivers

40820 Sierra Drive, (formerly Holiday Inn Express), Three Rivers, California, 93271, United States

Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
Expedia.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• chewy3326's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Three Rivers

Three Rivers Holiday Inn Express wasn't anything special; it was a regular Holiday Inn Express, with breakfast, and is rather mediocre. It is a short drive from the General Store, a mexican restaurant, and the Main Fork Restaurant.

Directions: Just south of the "main" part of town

More about Comfort Inn Sequoia Kings Canyon Three Rivers

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member redshoetraveler

We booked two rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Three Rivers for one night in July 2005. Both rooms were basically identical, which tells me hopefully quality is the same throughout. The rooms were clean and comfortable with standard amenities. The air conditioning worked well. The room was quiet and everything seemed to be in working condition. There was plenty of room to set up a portable crib. We actually had two good locations to choose from. The shampoo smelled wonderful (like cinnamon vanilla...it made us hungry in the morning) and there were extra toiletries not usually found in budget hotels (makeup remover toilettes and shoe shining wipes). The continental breakfast was the same at other Holiday Inn Express hotels, better than many hotels' breakfasts with cinnamon rolls, muffins, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, milk, cereal, fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, toast, bagels, etc. We arrived toward the end of the breakfast time and found it extremely crowded. We had to stand in line for over 5-10 minutes! The indoor seating was also very crowded at the time, so we ate by the pool outside. I don't know if it is always this crowded, but I would try to go earlier. Overall, a great hotel for a good price.

Good Location for visiting Sequoia National Park

by TripAdvisor Member JstLv2Crz

After reading the reviews of the hotels in Trip Advisor on Three Rivers CA, we decided on the Holiday Inn Express on the weekend of 7/22 - 7/24. The hotel is in pretty good condition, rooms are clean, come with small fridge and micro, air worked well in the room. We were in the back building, which has three floors. The temp in the hallways was rather on the warm side, and the elevators were a little warmer and the stairwells had to be 110F! The pool area was a good size, with the water being on the warm side too, since the average daytime temps were around 104F. In the morning there is a continental breakfast for everyone. It gets rather crowded, so we got a tray of food items and took them to the room. If you get a chance, drive to Mineral King and do some hiking. The turnoff is about 4 miles from the hotel. The road is very, very winding and 25 miles to the end. But the rewards are unbelievable!! The hike to Eagle Lake (3.5 miles each way) is the best we have ever done, and we hike alot! We ate dinner at the Pizza Place just up the road, and their food was very good!

Dissappointed

After reading reviews for the hotels in this area we decided on this one. The hotel was fine, like any other good holiday inn but we didn't realize how far it is from the park, and more importantly how far it is from the real action in the park. It was about a 50 minute drive on a winding road just to get up to anything exciting. WE checked out wuksachi lodge and wished we would have stayed there, it is about 5 minutes from the main parking area and information area and had a real outdorrs cabiny feel about, right in the middle of the forest, alothough it was more expensive than the holiday inn.

Clean & comfortable with excellent breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Claire101

We picked this place because of reviews on this website about its location and overall facilities and cleanliness. It was only 15 mins drive from the main gate of Sequoia, although you should bear in mind its a fairly long drive from the gate to the main area. However, we didn't book this until February and everything in Sequoia Park itself was booked up so we felt pleased to have found this place.

It was clean and the free continental breakfast you get is excellent. There is a pool, although we didn't get to use it, due to all the time we spent at Sequoia. We used the laundry facilities, which were very welcome! We did't have a microwave and I can't remember if we had a fridge (we stayed in different inns on this holiday)

This is excellent base for exploring Sequoia and I would recommend staying here. Excellent for families & couples. There is a well stocked general store nearby which stocks everything you could want at reasonable prices for a small town. We also ate at the nearby Pizza Factory one evening, which offered excellent food at reasonable price and our server helped us choose what to have as weren't sure about pizza sizes and how many toppings to have!

Good hotel but check your bill....

by TripAdvisor Member leftygirl

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Three Rivers for three nights from Aug 20 - 23, 2005. We arrived early in the day and the front desk clerk, who had an attitude, told us that we couldn't check in until 4:00 (we knew this but thought that we would just inform them that we were there, and besides we needed to use the restroom). When we returned later in the day to check in there was someone else at the front desk and she gave me a paper to sign agreeing to the rates. I explained to her that the rates she showed were incorrect ($109 for Sat, $101 for Sun & Mon, plus tax) as I had made my reservations months in advance, and had been quoted the AARP rate of $92.65 for Sat, $75.65 for Sun & Mon, plus tax (big difference). She said it's OK and I did not sign anything.

Our room had two double beds and was big enough for the three of us. It was neat and clean. There was no refrigerator and when I called the front desk to see if we could rent one I was told that only the suites had refrigerators. We were able to manage but a refrigerator would have been nice.

There is a small pool and jacuzzi in the back. My 10 year old loved both and was going back and forth between the two while I was trying to relax my muscles in the jacuzzi.

The next morning we woke up and I noticed that around the light over the sink there were small gnat like bugs flying around (I guess there were over a dozen of them). I thought it was pretty gross so when we went to the lobby for breakfast I told the front desk clerk (the same one with the attitude from the day before). She seemed unfazed by it and said that they find a way to get in. She would have it checked out. These bugs were gone when we returned later in the day, but returned each morning. I can only conclude that nothing was ever checked out and this is a common occurance here (maybe they aren't fazed by it but finding dead gnats on the soap, and a few on the counter is gross).

Continental breakfast is served every morning and it gets really crowded, so go early. The have milk, juice, cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, different breads for toast, small cans of mixed fruit, yogurt, apples, bananas, and more. They are constantly refilling things as they get low. This is a nice breakfast and were very pleased with it.

On Tues. when we checked out my favorite clerk was at the front desk again. She gives me the bill, and guess what? I was charged the higher prices. I explained to her how I had discussed this with the other girl on Sat. and that I have a confirmation with much lower rates. She asks if I called them directly to make the reservation and I told her no, I called the Holiday Inn 800 number. She then asks me when I made my reservation because the rates have gone up. The higher rates they were going to charge me were the new AARP rates. I told her I made my reservations in May. She seemed pissed because I didn't make the reservation with them directly (they don't have an 800 number or I would have). She corrected the bill to the rates I had been given back in May.

Outside the park there are only a few hotels - the only other one that I would even consider staying in is a Best Western. Basically this is a good hotel for families. I think the people at the front desk could use some customer service training to learn how to deal better with the public. If we were ever back in the area we would probably stay here again, even with the small problems we had.

Good hotel - probably one of the best in the area

by TripAdvisor Member echevin

I stayed here at the beginning of September on my honeymoon for a couple of nights.

It is well located in relation to the park - just remember it takes almost an hour to drive to the main area of the park (to see the oldest tree alive).

Hotel room was clean (I had no problems like the previous reviewer had and I'm very picky!) comfortable. Breakfast was fine (continental) staff were ok, not really friendly but ok.

I would stay here again if I was in the area.

For food, go to the pizza factory - staff are young and not friendly but that's not the point - the pizza & beer are great!

You must try the river side (or maybe river view) cafe over the road from the hotel and towards the park - looks a bit shabby but GREAT food and GREAT staff.
Also go to the candle/ice cream shop - i forget the name but it's 3 shops with the same name next to each other.

Clean and comfortable, convenient for Sequoia park

by TripAdvisor Member WilliamHo

Spent three pleasant nights here, we were in the newer part of the hotel, view spoiled by derilect building next door. Buffet good, close to the local supermarket and pizza place. A very quiet area.

Very good place

That's a great location to visit Sequoia NP. The room was clean and we had a big bed. The breakfast was so great, and the pool outside looked nice. But there are not a lot of good restaurants in the area.

Housekeeping response poor.

by TripAdvisor Member tumasek

Although this was probably the best place to stay in Three Rivers, the room we were allocated had a distinct musty smell which took two requests to housekeeping to even partially rectify this. Even then, it was only refreshed perfunctorily, so we felt the need to purchase our own air refreshener before the room was properly refreshed and the mustiness disappeared. One light bulb was faulty and after three requests to replace it failed to achieve any response, we reluctantly gave it up as we were only staying the one night.

Comments