Tahoe Mountain Resort Lodging Catamount Lodge

4001 Northstar Drive, South Lake Tahoe, California, 96161, United States

More about Truckee

This creek flows into the lakeThis creek flows into the lake

The Truckee RiverThe Truckee River

Walking in the 12 Foot Snows!Walking in the 12 Foot Snows!

Travel Tips for Truckee

A mountain paradise!

by Trippy1

"I'm thinking of moving back to this little town."

Every time I visit Truckee, it feels like home. I lived here from 1990-2001 and had to move to The Netherlands due to my husband's job for about a year, then moved to San Diego for a little sunshine after one of the most nasty winter's I had ever spent (in The Netherlands). Truckee is a very friendly town, but it has grown in the almost 5 years that I have been gone. The word "Aspenization" comes to mind. I'm sure many of you know what I mean. That being said, there is something almost alive and natively spiritual in the woods, lakes, rivers, mountain peaks here. It brings a sense of connection and a feeling that we ARE all one on the planet and connected to nature in a supreme way. On the more superficial and touristy side, good restaurants abound and there are lots of "cute" shops to spend your money in. There is also lots of sunshine (even in winter, contrary to what many believe that have never lived here), lots of outdoor activities to be done, the arts (of all kinds) are alive and well here, too.

(Picture to come)

TRUCKEE

by TedRico

"A BEAUTIFUL PART OF CALIFORNIA"

I have lived in this area during many years previous. The natural wonder of this area never fails to amaze and delight my senses! Last time I visited there was no snow and the temperatures were in the low 90's.
The photo is courtesy of my youngest son, Daniel.

"THE TRUCKEE RIVER"

If in this area and you enjoy the leisure of flyfishing, you must check out the Truckee River. This river meanders through the mountains from Lake tahoe to Reno, Nevada and beyond. The fishing pressure is rather high in the metropolitan Reno area, but up towards Truckee and in the canyons you may have this idealic stream all to yourself. The native Rainbow Trout (Salmo gairdieri) is the prize sought and the species grows to trophy sizes in the Truckee River. You can't go wrong!

"WINTER SPORTS IN TRUCKEE"

There are many ski (snowboard also!) areas around Lake tahoe. The majority which are found close-in to Truckee. The areas are easily accessible from Interstate 80. This photo is courtesy of my youngest son, Daniel.

Comments