71161 29 Palms Hwy, , Twentynine Palms, California
Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com Hotels.com

More about Harmony Motel

Made the desert in summer bearable!

by TripAdvisor Member photo-cpa

We wanted to see Joshua Tree NP at night during the Perseid meteor shower in August. Unfortunately, the full moon wiped out a lot of the action, but it was still great to see some meteors and the Milky Way in full glory.

The Harmony Hotel was clean and the rooms were recently updated, but not fancy. The pool and spa were clean and refreshing and a good diversion from the heat. The owner is helpful and accomodating without being too much so. I would stay again, but when the temperatures are a little more reasonable.

A hidden treasure

by TripAdvisor Member misslaine

We went to Joshua Tree for my fiancee's birthday. We stayed in the Jack Kerouac cabin which was perfect for us. It is painted with bright colors, red, and yellow, and it is private and had all of the amenities we required including a decently equipped kitchen and a/c. The hotel is only a minute from Joshua Tree and has a nice pool area where hotel guests can meet. We visited poolside with a European family who were headed on to the Grand Canyon the next morning. The environment is very relaxed and there is the option to be either private or social.
We found a cool book store close by, and a record store (yes records) that sells 45's! The area is desert-beautiful. The manager of the Harmony Hotel Ash, was very sweet and down to earth, we will absolutely return!

Great home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member moose79

I was a guest at the Harmony Motel for over three weeks while waiting for my house to close escrow. The nice landscaping and interior decor made living here peaceful and enjoyable, much unlike the starkness of the "average" hotel room. My room did not have a kitchen in it, but the community kitchen served all of my needs. The manager, staff, and other guests were friendly and made me feel at home. I enjoyed stargazing from the spa almost every night and sipping coffee while watching the sun rise each morning.
The bottom line: You will not find such peaceful and unique lodging like this ANYWHERE, especially not for this rate.

The Harmony is missing

I can not say much about the service since we had very little contact with anyone.
The cost for our room with 2 double beds and without kitchenette was $70.00 for one night. I do not consider that to be a very good price for this facility.
There are many other places to stay that are close to this price range that I feel are much nicer.

To spare you from having to read the book I will just list the pros & cons.

Pros:
•Fairly Clean.
•Approximately 7 miles to the North entrance of Joshua Tree National Park.
•Thermostat controlled heater works very well.
•The bed was comfortable enough.
•Lots of channels to surf on the television

Cons:
•Cheap remodel done by an amateur handyman
•Nothing cute about the motel style room
•Extremely cramped quarters in the bathroom
•No restaurant on the grounds and the closest place for breakfast is a little greasy spoon type restaurant with not much to choose from on the menu.
•Pool and hot tub area was a bit too far to walk on a cold winter night
•The shower was dark and closed in, having that Closter phobic feeling
•Rustic kind of place without the rustic charm
•A dog at a near by residence liked to yap a lot for no good reason

Clash of New Owner/Old Owner Styles!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelBitten

I like to go to 29 Palms for quick getaways when I can and decided to try the Harmony Motel after reading many of the reviews on this site and doing some research of my own. I was expecting to find an artsy/funky/rustic charm but instead got the feeling the present owner didn't finish what was supposed to be a Tommy Bahama - like makeover. Some of the ecclectic artistic touches remained from the previous ownership like a mural of a desert scene on my wall and photos of U2 (standing in front of the motel) in the manager's office, but I also had a bed that looked like something I would have slept on in a tropical resort. A little disharmonious for me. And a real disappointment too, as I could see how really great the place could be given an artist's touch. It also seemed as though all of the repairs or renovations have been done very inexpensively by a handyman as opposed to a contractor that knows how to properly finish out his work...

Great Little Hideaway

by TripAdvisor Member LosAngelesStan

Fantastic little road side hotel of the sort that is dissapearing all over the west and quickly being replaced with lousy chain places. I stayed for almost a week. Owners were the kindest people and really cared about helping their guests out with anything. Close to Joshua tree main entrance and great mexican resturant Ramona's. Loved my time there.

Great motel

by TripAdvisor Member TERU

The room was clean and very comfortable. Wireless internet service was very helpful.

I enjoyed eating breakfast outside the room looking at a great desert morning view, and dinner looking at a great sunset. I also enjoyed the stars.

Quiet & a homey cozy stay

by TripAdvisor Member maolsen1941

We've been made to feel right at home. Very clean with everything in like new state. Beautifully decorated & anything you desire is at your beckon & call. We'll definetly be back..

We liked this charming motel at first sight

by TripAdvisor Member SaguaroWinterthur

We liked this charming motel at first sight. Each of the eight rooms was decorated with loving care, in great contrast to the motel chains. There was a room with books, chairs and a computer with internet access; a kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, a table and chairs. There was complimentary coffee and tea in the morning. We drank our coffee at the little table in front of our room enjoying the morning sun and the view. It was the right place for our excursions to Joshua Tree National Park at a very reasonable price. Thank you. We will come again. Max and Ruth Richard, Switzerland

Loved our stay at the Harmony Motel

by TripAdvisor Member clamds

What a wonderful surprise finding such a great motel in Twentynine Palms, CA. Our room was large and decorated with care. Use of a computer with Internet services was a big plus. The beautiful swimming pool and hot tub was a delight after touring Joshua Tree National Park. The views from the motel of the desert were beautiful. Needless to say, we enjoyed our stay at the Harmony Motel immensely.

Comments