555 Universal Hollywood Dr, Los Angeles, California, 91608-1001, United States
Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City

I loved Napa Valley last year...

by Travelynn

I loved Napa Valley last year during harvest. It was wonderful-the wine and the food. I just got back from Los Angeles. We stayed at the Universal Hilton, walking distance to City Walk-great entertainment and restaurants. We took a VIP tour of Universal Studios and it was well worth it-we looked at production srts, props in movies currently being filmed-our guide was very good, great stories, and just a lot of fun. Our small group were very friendly by the end and we loved the rides at Universal Studios at the end-no waiting in line. E-mail me if you have any questions.

Great location and pretty quiet considering the number of kids staying here

by TripAdvisor Member baseballfantoo

We enjoyed our two night stay in this hotel in July, 2004. We chose this location for its proximity to Universal. Had no problem walking to Universal, once we figured out the safest way to get there to avoid the very crowded streets. Was pleasantly surprised that we didn't hear kids running up and down the halls or doors slamming since there were obviously a lot of children in residence.

We stayed on the executive floor which included continental breakfast. This was great as we were traveling with a child. The dining room was not nearly large enough for all the guests, but the staff was great about refilling food. So if you time it right, or are patient, or give those reading a newspaper with their third cup of coffee enough dirty looks you can enjoy a great continental breakfast.

Overpriced for the location

Wy ife, Daughter and I stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights in December and the hotel was fine but pricey for the standard of accomodation / amenities. It wa ideal for Universal but you can do Universal in 1/2 days so there really is no need to stay that close to it - we paid the same rate through expedia as we did for the Bellagio in Las Vegas - need I say more!

The rooms were clean enough and there was no traffic noise even though it is right next to an 8 lane freeway. The shuttle to Universal is good and comes every 15 minutes or so, and Universal Citywalk has some good shops / restaurants.

All in all it depends on what you are planning to do in LA and if you are also visiting Beverly Hills etc Id suggest staying somewhere nearer there and just driving / taking a cab to Universal as this hotel is nothign special.

As I used tripadvisor to book all our hotels I thought I should share this with you - basically the tripadvisor reviews got it right in all of the hotels we stayed at!

Pleasant Surprise and Great Service!!!

by TripAdvisor Member nevermissBoston

We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Hilton!!! When we arrived there was a long line at the front desk due to a large group arrival whose rooms would not be ready until later. At first I thought we will never check in!! Than, I saw a sign for Hilton Honors and checked right in. By the way the front desk moved everyone along and were very cheerful despite the crowd. We stayed on the Club floor and felt it was well worth the extra expense. It was very quiet on this floor and the lounge was a nice place to take a break. The service in the lounge was excellent. We had our new grandson visit and they were very kind to him. The room was clean and very comfortable. I normally stay at a Ritz or other 5 stars and stayed at the Hilton due to the location close to children. We were delighted we stayed there and will again. We highly recommend the hotel!!!

Nice on the outside...

by TripAdvisor Member razbox

...but very very average on the inside. We stayed on the Exec floor for $200 and I thought it was overpriced.

Service very patchy, rooms dull, corridors and public areas are old.

Location - walking distance to Universal theme park.

Wonderful, wonderful.

by TripAdvisor Member AlohaElle

I stayed in a suite for two nights. I was warmly welcomed with a big basket of fruit....which was more fruit than 1 person could manage. Spacious, clean, comfortable...and within a stone's throw from Universal Studios and City Walk. I met some new friends for a drink in the lounge and sitting at the next table over was.....Debra Messing...the Actress who plays Grace on "Will and Grace". It was nice to see that no one acted strangely star-struck, but let her be. You never know who you will run into in Hollywood.

Good location for Universal

by TripAdvisor Member ALWAYS_VACATION

Oct 2004 - My husband and I were in LA for a wedding and the Sheraton Universal was recommended by the Groom. I looked here and saw that the reviews of the Sheraton were not so great so I chose the Hilton based on its reviews. I was happy I did.

It is not cheap nor is it a spectacular hotel for the price. We usually stay at much fancier hotels. The room was very clean and a good size with a small table and chairs and a seperate desk where my husband set up his laptop to connect to the internet. There was a fruit basket in the room with fresh fruit, water and cookies upon our arrival.

It was a quick 5 minute walk to City Walk and Universal. Hotel self-parking was very convenient. The valet staff was great as the held my car by the entrance if I was running back out. Concierge helped with some practical issues and front desk staff was pleasant, but we did not have any special requests from them. The hotel is convenient to the highway - right in front actually. The Brunch on Sunday was very good with lots of variety. Pool area was quiet and pleasant. Overall, I don't think you could go wrong here.

Restful, convenient but geared for business

On a recent business trip to Los Angeles, I was very pleased to have had the opportunity to stay at the Universal. I grew up in the area, and was a bit leery of staying at this hotel, as I imagined a "touristy" place. I was very happy with my choice as the ambiance was like a resort, yet I could conduct business with clients in a myriad of environments. There are quiet zones for discussion, meeting rooms for presentations, and after work, some great areas to in which to relax and have a drink, or a bite to eat. On the weekend, the rest of the family arrived, (my husband and the kids), and we enjoyed the "kid" activities at Universal City. On Sunday, we dropped the kids at a relative's, and took the subway (there is a major terminal right down the hill from the hotel)--to downtown to enjoy the museums and to see the new Ghery Center and the new Basilica (new to me anyway).

All in all it was a wonderful personal and business experience--fine staff--wonderful surroundings. I will definately suggest this hotel to my boss as the perfect conference situation for the future. (and to my husband for a second honeymoon!!!)

Yubert's Universal City Page

by Yubert

Universal City is mainly known for Universal Studios. I often come to the area for meetings and shows at the two main hotels near Universal Studios, the Sheration Universal and the Hilton Universal City & Towers.

Comments