777 Harrah's Rincon Way, , Valley Center, Californ

Satisfaction Average

More about Harrahs Rincon Casino Resort

Exceptional Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member AuntiAli

This was our third visit to Harrahs Rincon. Although it is quite a drive to get there, it is always well worth the drive. We had such a wonderful time. One thing that I have to mention in particular is their customer service. All employees, whether it be the front desk staff, bellhops, bartenders, restraunt staff, or an employee you just happen to run into while riding the elevator always treated us with exceptional customer service. The only negative thing about our stay is their slots are way too tight. I highly recommend staying at Harrahs Rincon.

Nice casino, freindly staff but....

The slot machines are extremely tight. Probably re-chipped due to a "bottom line" problem with revenues. A scan of Harrahs stock will support this as well.

Each casino is run by a Gen. Mgr & he or she is responsible for generating revenues.

Harrahs Rincon suffers from two distinct problems.....Location and lack of marketing for new guest's.

Iv'e spent some time in the casino at different times of the week at night as well as daytime & there is never a shortage of machines to play on. They're location simply kills them! & subsequently have to "tighten" the winnings but this can come back & bite them.

I would like to see the casino become a real success but the lack of marketing is the real culprit here.

Harrah's Rincon rarely utilizes the media be it T.V. or newspapers..at least that's my observation unless I've missed something.

Harrahs Rincon has basically become a "locals" casino much like its' neighbors Pauma and Valley View but Harrah's deserves more because it is a world class establishment being run and operated by a world class corporation.

I can personally attest to the fact that I will drive past Pechanga and Pala to play at Harrahs only because I feel at home there...I just wish the slot machines could at least be a little more entertaining.... winning, is another thing!.

Customer service extraordinaire!

by TripAdvisor Member MisterEd

My girlfriend and I were invited to spend a few days at the Rincon comped. Little did we know what kind of top-quality service , accomodations and people we would be introduced to! From the parking structure workers , to security, the front desk, bellmen, housekeeper, etc. They were all friendly, cordial, and went out of their way to please us during our stay. (By the way, this DOES include those who had no idea we were comp'ed on the room). Ever notice in Las Vegas, how you can pass a waitress on the casino floor, (or a slot tech, or changeperson for that matter), and they stare blankly ahead, or look away?? At Rincon, you will be deluged with smiling faces, and friendly acknowledgement of your existence (almost as if they actually appreciated that you were there and that they might actually like their job!!). We have been back several times (un-comp'ed) and enjoy going immensely. It is about a 1 1/2 hour drive from home, but it is like going to visit friends. The regular rooms are large and well-appointed, (the suites are awesome of course), but you will be treated the same- regardless of your gaming status. Go and enjoy!!

San Diego County gambling destination

by TripAdvisor Member snakpak

The rooms here were very very nice and spacious. The bathroom had marble or stone floors and a nice tub and seperate shower. It was very roomy and clean. Our room had a king bed and there was a good tv and seating area. There was enough room to roll in a cot for a friend for one night. Since we paid a midweek rate using our harrahs card of $59 this was an exceptional value.

The rooms, property, grounds and casino had a very 'upscale california' feel.

The views of the mountains are beautiful from the pool area. There is a very large hot tub along with several smaller ones. The pool is pretty big too and surrounded with palm trees - however the pool was dry this trip (january).

Harrahs buffet was excellent as always - but they seem to be creeping up in price.

Casino - the table minimums here seem higher than most casinos I have seen ($15 minimum blackjack in evening on weekday for example). Poker room was OK but locals seem to play in 'packs'.

We played some at Harrah's and also drove a few miles to some of the other nearby casinos such as Pala, Valley View, and Pauma. Pala had table limits and slots about like Harrahs, while Valley View and Pauma were not as upscale but had lower table limits and seemingly better slot returns.

Harrah's Oh Yeah

My husband and I recently stayed at Harrah's while visiting our son who is in the Navy....What can I say...Everything was top notch from the service to the awesome pool area surrounded by mountains and palm trees. The rooms were beautiful and opening the balcony doors in the morning with the view of the pool area and mountains took my breath away. The food was wonderful in all the restaurants and very reasonably priced. We were suppose to stay 4 days and ended up staying 5. We didn't want to leave. All I can is Harrah's "OH YEAH"

Away from Home Escape

by TripAdvisor Member caralex

This was a good place to run away from home, alone! Though it is small as compared to a Las Vegas Casino, it was a great stay. The spa was wonderful - I had great treatments and excellent and friendly service. I was treated and pampered like a queen. I ate in Fiori's both nights. The prices are high, but the the food was excellent as was the service. Great wine list. Ate in the Cafe for breakfast and my order was exactly as I requested. The only bump was in check-in, not as professional as I would have liked. The slots were tight but fun - my only comment was that they had a non-smoking slot area near a service bar where one could smoke. Go figure!
My room was in the Garden Tower - older, but loved the space and the quiet - the hotel needs to figure out a way to vent the smoke from one wing away from the other. I can't wait to go back again!

Great room in the Spa Tower

by TripAdvisor Member llmoen

We were invited to come through Harrah's Express. I couldn't believe where we were going on the bus. The further out we went the less people. I had expected an upper end neighborhood location but found the rocky hills very pretty. The spa tower is a large room and very nice with separate spa tub and glass walk-in shower. Everyone was very nice, friendly dealers. We only play table games so the slots didn't bother us. A lot of tables had continuous shufflers which I don't like but the big shoe and 'extra fun' blackjack were fine. The food was good everywhere. We rented a car from Enterprise in Escondido and they picked us up even though it was a half hour away. That allowed us to tour San Diego. All great fun. I would stay there again.

Nice surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member travellergal-8

I was visiting a friend in the San Diego area and decided to explore a casino in the area and chose Harrah's Rincon. Thought the $49/night price was a great deal and it was made even better when I checked in and the friendly front desk clerk gave me a room upgrade to a mini-suite. What a nice surprise when I went to my room - separate sitting room with wetbar and fridge, comfy king sized bed and a beautiful marble bathroom with raised spa tub, great separate shower with nice smelling bath oil and a cozy robe. The view was of the highway but I didn't care, I wasn't going to spend time looking out the window. A thoroughly relaxing stay - enjoying the casino and wonderful spa tub.

WOW! Best Harrah's I've been too!

by TripAdvisor Member vegasdiscounts

As a Harrahs Reward card member I receive offers from Harrah's casino hotels/resorts regularly. I have stayed in Vegas many times, but hate the Harrah's. Since they bought Caesars, Ballys and Flamingo, Paris it seems they have let them go downhill. This property is an exception!
First it is run by Harrah's but owned by Indians. Mission Indians, California gambling. Table games are not the same as in Vegas but close. Craps blows. They use cards, not dice. Weak! The machines are tight, but the rooms are great. VP at the bar is fun, and the bartenders are very nice. The points rack up fast.
I checked in on a comped room and was pleasantly surprised. It had a seperate tub and rain shower. Very big bathroom, soaking 2 person tub, large room with couch and chair, as well as euro-top bed. 32" old style TV in cabinet. Very comfy. I would estimate the room at 450 sq ft.
On the first night I had a good run and spoke to my host, who offered me a suite upgrade. The Double Bay. So I went with that and was even more surprised. Walk in to a large entry marble and terraza stone, with a half bath on the right. Straight ahead is a large living room with a wetbar and large fridge, dining table, 32" flat screen tv couch/sofabed and lounge chair and coffee table. Lots of lamps and well decorated. The bedroom had double doors and was large with another more comfy chair and ottoman. The bathroom had more double doors. 3 person jacuzzi in the middle, his and hers vanity on either side, seperate rain steam shower and lots of room in the middle. Probably 300 sq ft. Seperate dumper too.
All in all the room was awesome. Only downsize, is the noise level. The hallways are loud and you hear all conversations in the halls. The walls are sound proof though, must just be the doors.

I don't know where we are, but its nice!

by TripAdvisor Member HotTubJohnny

This place is in the middle of nowhere... but its nice!
Fancy lobby, nice rooms with vegas-esque bathrooms (big separate shower, shiny tile floors).

The casino was big enough and not too smoky. Dealers were friendly. They had live music on friday night.

Ate at the fancier of the restaurants. Had a tasty filet and great chocolate dessert. The service was very good as well.

Overall, great stay (except the casino losses). Pleasantly surprised that a completely random casino was so nice!

Comments