2819 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, California, 90291, United States
Orbitz.com Tingo.com Travelocity

More about Venice on the Beach Hotel

Home on the Beach

by TripAdvisor Member ulitmatetraveler

We just returned from a stay at the Venice Beach Hotel located in the LA area. The hotel was a quaint botique with less than 20 rooms located on the Venice Beach just a short walk from the Pier and Washington Street.

Our family was in time for a Wedding and we all stayed at the Venice Beach Hotel. It was just like home on the beach. The manager was always available and helpful and the atmosphere was so peaceful.

If you're looking for a fancy, high priced place with lots of Glitz, this isn't your destination. However, if you're looking for a home away from home on the Beach in Venice, CA this is worth booking for a quite getaway.

D. Reedy
Versailles, KY

Friendly, quiet and great for a long stay

by TripAdvisor Member Jacques59

My wife and I stayed at Venice-on the Beach Hotel for a month in December 2006 and for another month in December 2007. We enjoyed our first stay so much that we convinced our family members to join us over the Christmas holidays.

Most of our family members stayed a full week. There were 10 of us, two persons to each of 4 rooms and my wife and I stayed in the suite. Each of the four rooms contained a microwave oven, refrigerator, private wc /shower and a large plasma TV in addition to very comfortable new beds. The suite contained a fully equiped kitchen; a large living room with dining table, sofa, and several chairs; a bedroom with a plasma TV; and a private wc/shower. The living room easily accomodated all 10 of us for meals, conversations and entertainment. We even connected our new Wii (a type of video game) to the TV in the living room and enjoyed a variety of contests. There was a patio off the living room where we BBQed most of our meals.

The manager, Greg, was exceptionally friendly and accomodating to all our requests. He made sure there was a freshly brewed pot of coffee in the hallway each morning as we got up. The hotel is located in a quiet part of Venice Beach, but was only a 3 minute walk to many good low as well as moderately high priced restaurants. Gabe's restaurant was our favorite. The hotel seems to attract a very nice clientele -- guests who enjoy talking to each other on the patio at sunset but who respect each others' privacy and quiet.

We have enjoyed both stays at this hotel and hope to go back again for another month's stay. Our family members, too, enjoyed their stay and some will return this fall to use the hotel as a base for participating in the L.A. triathlon.

Horrible. Horrible Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Cenice1

Stayed for 4 nights in May of 2008. Manager Greg not fair with the room rates, gave price breaks to certain guests for ocean view but would not accomodate other guests with same promotion for regular roooms. No air conditioning in upstairs room, room was never cleaned properly, never swept under the bed, sand in shower, sheets not changed. Greg was rude and very defensive when you asked for just little things such as extra towels, like you were bothering him.
Stay elsewhere, not worth it. HORRIBLE!!!!!

Executive Suite Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Vegijen24

We stayed here on memorial weekend in the executive suite. We were very happy about the proximity to the beach and activities on the boardwalk. You get a reserved parking space if you have the suite which was a big plus. Also, very close to the Canals for a stroll. The executive suite was much larger than we expected with a large kitchen, living room and bedroom. It had full size dish washer and refrigerator. Greg was friendly.

The negatives were that the suite was not clean enough. The remote controls for the tv were sticky and filthy. The floor and the corners of the rooms were not as clean as they could be. The bed was only a full size and very creaky with little support. The walls were thin and the neighbors loud at night when trying to go to bed.

We paid $171 for our stay for 3 adults and 1 child. It was a good value for being close to the beach but I would not pay $285 per night for it.

The Greatest Place Ever

by TripAdvisor Member CaliforniaWedding

We recently hosted our daughter's wedding in California. This neccesitated all of our family flying across country to attend. We chose Venice on the Beach because of its charm and location right on the water.

We are a challenging group to accomodate much less tolerate. The management at this hotel went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and all needs met. The hotel is beautiful and the staff were available for whatever. It is difficult enough planning a wedding but thankfully all our guests were well attended to by the excellent service of the staff. My husband has said the next time we come to Venice he will stay no where else but Venice on the Beach and I agree. Thanks Greg!!!

Loved this little boutique inn

by TripAdvisor Member calculush1

I loved this hotel.

It was clean and neat, well decorated. My room was a bit small, but I met some of the other residents and noticed that all of the rooms are different, although they are all decorated with the same white cotton and bamboo motifs. I would say it was the *nicest* all private room hostel/inn I have ever stayed at. My room didn't have a beach view but if I stuck my head out of the bathroom window I could see the beach about 300 feet away.

The manager Greg was *very* nice and accomodating, we arrived very late yet he still waited up for us to arrive and give us our codes for entry into our room. There was continental breakfast in the morning and a computer where you could check your internet for free. There is an outdoor patio with tables, chairs, and umbrellas where you can take a meal or have a drink and watch the waves break on the beach. This is the ONLY patio on all of Venice Beach! There is also a rooftop area where you can sit and have a smoke if thats what you do. There are a few parking spaces available for residents as well. Each room has a fridge and microwave and a flat screen TV.

The only downside to the place is that the walls are pretty thin. If I had been on a romantic getaway the whole hotel would have gotten an ear-full.

All in all I would DEFINITELY go back. This place was worth every dime. I only wish I could have stayed there longer, we only stayed one night :(

The Best Weekend I've Ever Known...

by TripAdvisor Member baby_jay32

Venice On The Beach Hotel was such an amazing experience, and made for the perfect weekend get-away! The management was very helpful and extremely nice. Each room was unique and authentic in its own way.....and always clean (which is amazing being that we tracked in tons of sand). Our stay was so wonderful that we are already planning our trip back - hopefully for a longer period of time. :) This is the only hotel I will ever stay at in Venice!!! Thanks so much for the best weekend I've ever known!!

Picture Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member lizardk

I couldn't have asked for a better stay than I had at Venice on the Beach Hotel. It was amazing. There were tons of things to do outside the room, but we always came back to a clean, quaint, inviting place to stay. The management was also wonderful and made the weekend that much better. I will be going back very soon and seriously doubt I ever entertain the idea of booking my Venice Beach get-aways with anyone else.

"A holiday on my holiday" :)

by TripAdvisor Member Sonja78

I've been travelling for 7 months and after staying in hostel and different hotels, it was fantastic to come to Venice on the Beach hotel.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Clean, and with the most comfortable bed I slept in for 7 months
- Perfect location if you wanna hang out on the beach
- Frigde, flatscreen TV and microwave in my room.
- A "small" kitchen in the hall
- The beach ten steps from the front door
- Lots of great small restaurants 2 minutes walk away.

All in all a wonderful stay!
A small tip: Maybe get some big beach towels and sunbeds / chairs guests can bring to the beach.

Thanx to Greg for a great stay!

Sonja

cute, clean hotel with great location!

by TripAdvisor Member mizsatisfied

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay at Venice on the Beach hotel. We had one of the standard deluxe rooms (not ocean view). Our room was attractively decorated and very clean. It had a fridge and microwave and a big big TV. We're really not that into big big TV's but if you are, you would probably really like it. The price was very reasonable for the great location, right along the ocean front bike/pedestrian paths and steps away from the ocean itself, but far enough away from the really loud part of Venice's beachfront to be tranquil and lovely. We found the manager to be incredibly friendly and helpful as well. There was also free internet and even a computer for guests to use , along with a small continental breakfast and bottled water available anytime. The porch facing the beach was a beautiful space and they're in the process of finishing the roof as another communal space. We watched the sunset from up there and it was just breathtaking. Close to the canals (very pretty walks) and lots of dining options of varying price ranges. We didn't have a car and did just fine there. Will stay again for sure and probably in an ocean view room next time, because the price difference wasn't very great. Thanks!!

Comments