330 Mar Vista Dr, Vista, CA 92083

Satisfaction Average

More about Vista

What is Vista, CA like?

by amberz

I'm thinking of relocating to the Carlsbad area, and was wondering if Vista or Oceanside are nice areas to live. Anyone have any comments?

Re: What is Vista, CA like?

Hi Amber,

I used to live in Vista and currently live in Oceanside. Both cities are nice and near the ocean (approximately 7 miles away).

It's not as expensize as say Carlsbad and you get the same amenities. What in particular are you looking for to make your decision?

Sincerely,

Spartan

Re: Re: What is Vista, CA like?

by amberz

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm hoping to find a home with a little land. I prefer as much space as possible between me and my neighbors. I like lots of trees. I like being kind of secluded, while at the same time, not too far from shopping, restaurants, etc.

I also want a home with lots of indoor space. I do glass work/jewelry as my hobby, and also plan to teach glass and jewelry classes out of my home. So, my preference is a house with a workshop, or a garage big enough to convert into a workshop. If I do hold classes, I want a place easy to get to. I also want it to be in a decent/nice area. I don't care at all about being in an established neighborhood. I actually prefer somewhere without a homeowners association (don't like all the rules and restrictions).

I love older homes, built in the 60's. I love hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings in at least one area.

I'm not really much of a beach-goer, so don't care about being really close to the beach. I do enjoy browsing little shops, especially ones with handmade items and/or antiques.

I was thinking of Vista as my first choice, mainly because I've seen many home listings where the houses sit on .25, .5 or more acres. I did notice that Oceanside too has some homes on .25 acre lots, though not as many on 1+ acres.

For my "real" job, I'll be working from home. I think Oceanside and Vista both have DSL and cable modem available, so it appears that will not be a concern.

I was hoping for someplace to go dancing every once in a while. I like 80's, alternative, industrial, and some top 20 music. Anything like that around?

Re: Re: What is Vista, CA like?

by amberz

Oh - the reason I'm looking at this area is because my boyfriend has a possible job opportunity in Carlsbad.

Re: What is Vista, CA like?

Hi Amber ,

From the description that you provided, you'll find everything which you are looking for in Vista, Oceanside, Valley Center as well as Fallbrook. As Yubert mentioned, you'll be able to get more land and seclusion in Fallbrook and Valley Center (and also Bonsall). But the road systems up into those areas are crowded in rush hour as it's a 2 lane highway from the coast.

Vista and Oceanside are the last cities in San Diego County to take off on the building boom, so there are still areas that don't have homes built right on top of each other.

As for HOAs, well there are some locations that don't have them and others that charge through the roof!!! A good real estate agent will be able to guide you. I wish you the best of luck...and if you need any other assistance, we are here to help.

Sincerely,

Spartan

P.S. Hi Palo...Vista does have an irrigation system and the trees are grown naturally :-)

Travel Tips for Vista

Amazing farmers' market!

by dewilli2

There is a wonderful farmers' market on Eucalyptus Drive next to the public library. It happens every Saturday. I used to go there with 20 dollars and leave with armloads of beautiful flowers, basics like onions and garlic, and depending on the season, wonderful strawberries or blood oranges or other fantastic produce that the area has to offer! There is also seafood, bread, and more. It was a great way to spend part of a Saturday morning. I miss the farmers' market and the Brick Oven Cafe. The Brick Oven Cafe is an authentic French bakery and cafe (where I worked for one year when I lived there). You would swear that you were in France when you taste the bread, the pastries, and the other wonderful things they make! I lost 15 pounds just from quitting that job.

Antique Gas & Steam Engine...

by spartan

Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum - Situated on 40 acres of Guajome Regional Park, this museum depicts early 1900s farm life through exhibits and demonstrations of agricultural machinery. The museum collects and preserves historical gas, steam and horse powered equipment. Period displays include a blacksmith and wheelwright shop, a country kitchen and parlor, a steam-operated sawmill and a small gas-powered train. The museum is open daily between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Phone numer is (760) 941-1791 and is located at 2040 N. Santa Fe Ave. at Bobier Drive.

Comments