Chamberlain West Hollywood

1000 Westmount Dr., (Formerly Summerfield Suites), West Hollywood, California, 90069, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Chamberlain West Hollywood

Feeling at home in West Hollywood

by TripAdvisor Member fatkirbydog

My two daughters and I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly, attentive and accommodating. The hotel is located in a very convenient, yet quiet neighborhood right off Santa Monica Blvd. My room layout was spacious and I loved the pocket door that closed off the bathroom and a roomy dressing area from the sleeping and sitting area (a big plus when traveling w/teenagers who like to sleep-in!) The bedding (soft cotton sheets w/just a duvet) made me feel like I was at home, or as my teenage daughter commented, "wow, no yucky foam blankets with scratchy comforters!" My only tiny complaint was with the very small, slow, single elevator available to guests during my visit, but since this should change after the lobby renovation is complete, I will definitely stay at the Chamberlain West Hollywood the next time I visit LA.

Great Rooms, Great Location, Great Price!

by TripAdvisor Member Shawn_Miller

I was very pleased with the Chamberlain West Hollywood. The hotel is located on a quiet residential street, and is conveniently located between Sunset and Santa Monica Boulevards. The rooms are very large, well appointed, and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We paid $169/night which was a good value. During our visit the hotel lobby was being renovated, but the disturbances were kept to a minimum (check-in/check-out and breakfast were located in temporarily converted guest rooms). In short, I would highly recommend this hotel. It offers a great location and comfort at a reasonable price.

Hidden treasure

by TripAdvisor Member gregiker

This was a wonderful surprise! The location could not be better for anyone wanting to be in the heart of West Hollywood and the redo of the rooms was very well done. Great value. The staff was very accomodating, and every single person in housekeeping and maintenance was very friendly. We could not believe the special touches and the decor of the room. Spacious with a very comfortable bed. Nice fireplace and they even went so far as to provide Thymes bath and body products. DVD and VCR combo. Very nice sofa, etc., etc., etc. The rooftop pool had amazing view of the city and was very well furnished with lounges and landscaping.

The only complaints we had were about the construction (it was a bit frustrating with trying to manuever through the maze of the hotel and there was only one very slow elevator) and the temporary breakfast room was tiny and not very well maintained (we often had to wait for food and for the 6 tables to be cleared). The construction is slated to be finished by late April. I just hope they continue to keep the price low - we found a great deal on expedia for $115 per night plus the $20 parking. Definitely a better value than the rundown Ramada on Santa Monica.

No Big Deal

Hotel is under construction. Hopefully the lobby will be in better taste then the rooms. Very cold and dark. Really did not want to spend any time in the room. Homeless asleep outside my door. Rooms clean just not comfortable. The flat screen TV is a joke it is so small There are better Hotels for the money.

Great hotel...some negatives

by TripAdvisor Member WillinDC

I had stayed here when it was Summerfield Suites and it was always a perfect hotel.... great location, nice big rooms, and reasonable price. Staff was always courteous and helpful and amenities fine.

While the staff is still terrific, the renovation struck me as a little strange, though I would still stay here again once it is completed. Problem No. 1 for me was that they were still working on the hotel, a little bit more extensively than I thought when I had booked the room. This should be more or less finished by May, I think.

The two things that struck me strange about the renovation are (1) they gutted out the small kitchens which were always a great convenience; now there is just a very tiny mini-bar; and (2) while the new furnishings look really nice because they are new, they reminded me a little too much of the Ramada next door.... kind of a neo-deco look. Again, very nice right now, but I am not sure how well they will wear over time, particularly the striped carpeting.

One minor issue is that they've eliminated the nice breakfasts which was always a treat. Finally, the price has gone up quite a bit so you are paying a LOT more for somewhat less (no kitchen, breakfast, higher parking prices, etc.).

Still, with all that said, the Chamberlain is a very nice, far above average hotel, with a great staff, just a bit overpriced considering what you get with the renovation. I would certainly not rule out staying there again, but might check out some of the other nearby hotels also.

2 star at best

by TripAdvisor Member rayberinla

What a great idea for a hotel. Unfortunately it doesn’t really work here. Most people write on parking rates or how the cab ride was to expensive from the airport. You will not find that in this review. We stayed at The Chamberlain, formerly the Summerfield Suites from 5 nights / 6 days. We were supposed to stay 6 nights but just could not stay the last night but rather returned home to a 98% finished home. The hotel is still undergoing renovations in the lobby area which was supposed to be completed on April 11, 2005 as we were told 1 ½ months prior to making the reservation. We should have known better when we started out with making the reservation on their website. It never went through. They were still having problems at that time. Do not know if this is the case now. When we called the hotel and made it through their central reservations and the agent wanted to charge us more than what was listed on the website. After a couple of moments the agent fixed the rate, $159.00 for a king studio. We had previously viewed the property quickly and found the furnishings nice and the room/suite nice. The agent said all was completed and that we were all set. Being a experienced traveler I requested a confirmation by email. 3 days later still no email. I contacted the General Manager of the hotel and the email was sent in minutes. His explanation was that the agent was new. Ok we can deal with that we thought. Upon arrival to the hotel the parking lot of the hotel was horrendous. The employees and the all the contractors were parked in the spaces for guest and there was no handicapped area for parking. We informed the front desk manager and she stated that their were 3 spaces for handicapped. When I took her down she apologized and stated that the signs would go up immediately. When we checked out Sunday, the signs were no were in place. They also had no ramp to the elevators for the handicapped. So please check before you reserve if you are handicapped. Once in our room we of course were pleased with the furnishings and the surroundings of room 409. It was private and away from the construction in the front of the hotel. What we found strange was that the hotel states that it was totally refurbished. Well when we checked out the bathroom area we found the glass door formerly from the previous hotel, the showers tile was old and moldy and the shower door had crust on it at the bottom from years of use. The cabinets in the room were just painted over and not knew and a bad paint job at that. There were no robes as stated, and no place to hang a towel. We dealt with it because our home was under renovation and this was just blocks from our house and we could watch and be contacted by our contractors if needed. So be it. We tried to hook up to the internet and after ½ hour on the phone with the DSL company it was detected that there was a line problem in our room and other rooms in the hotel. So we went down to the front desk, I know this doesn’t sound to bad but with only 4 floors and being on the 4th floor this had to be the slowest elevator on this planet. At one time we clocked it at 6 minutes. When we reached the front desk we were offered 2 choices of rooms like ours but in the front of the hotel, room 401 and 429. Both faced the street where construction was taking place but you could not hear it that much. Both bathrooms had very very small bathrooms and were not suitable. We refused the rooms and were kindly placed in a 1 bedroom suit. What luck you think. WRONG. The suite, 427 had the same furnishings and same type of problems in the bathroom, old and just painted over and the mold grunge was worse. The bathroom blinds were rusted and there was signs of terminate dust along with ants in and out of the shower. There was paint on the shower door and you could see on the back of the bathroom door where there used to be hooks . Bad paint job and in our minds and not completely redone rooms as stated. The makeup area was missing a chair, again no robes and then you could see at the bottom of the bathroom door was warped and looked like it was terminate eaten. Refusing to move again because the only rooms left were in the front of the hotel we dealt with it. We agree with the other review that the TV screens are way to small. The glass dinning table spun and was not bolted down to it base and the air conditioners were LOUD. We also felt a security issue was at hand. The sliding glass door was not lined up properly and thus could not be bolted with both locks. You could use one but not the others. The windows could be slipped out and they like the glass door were very very old. They used clamped on hooks to secure the windows. When it came to cleaning the room be advised that they will clean your room but at their time as we found out one day. Their hours to clean the room are from early morning to 6pm unless you ask for a specific time frame for it to be cleaned. If not you are at their mercy. We found this strange and unacceptable. When they did clean the room we had to ask for more cleaning products as they did not refurbish them nor did they refurbish the q- tips the whole stay and missed putting towels back and leaving cleaning products in the room. Yes we agree with other reviewers that the rooms are nice and clean, but do not see the furnishings lasting long., especially suede chairs at the dinning table. Also we were told upon arrival that they would be installing on demand TV in the room on that day, come Sunday still not installed. A lot of broken promises. Also this hotel is to be the protégé of the Viceroy in Santa Monica which is a great and unbelievable hotel, this comes no where close. The hotel directory was white paper stapled together. Very cheap and not at all what you would expect from a luxury boutique hotel. We must say the staff was great and very helpful and truly there to assist in any matter, but with the other problems their great customer service was lost. Asked if we would stay there again, I have to say no.

Great new hotel

My apartment was being renovated and so I needed a nice, affordable place to stay for several nights to relieve my stress. After its recent renovations, Chamberlain's hip interior design is nothing less than perfect. Plus, I enjoyed a solid sleep because the location was just the rigth distance from Sunset Boulevard that noise wasn't an issue. The beds, ammenities and views were great- much better in fact than my apartment! Would love to stay again and will absolutely recommend to my friends when they come to visit.

Great find

by TripAdvisor Member Merthnicely

I'm a frequent LA traveler and have had my fair share of hotel stays. I was really impressed by the Chamberlain--the service, the location, and the price. I'm excited about my new find and recomment it highly.

Great new find

I found this through a friend who lives in the area and had never heard of it myself. It is tucked away on a residential street but it is very close to Sunset + Santa Monica Blvd's. Nice because you can walk to a ton of places but when you get back to your hotel, it is nice + quiet. Had stayed at a "hip hotel" on Sunset once and felt like my bed was in the middle of a traffic jam with car noise, pedestrians, drunk party goers, etc. The rooms are really big and comfy. Awesome beds. Cozy fireplace, staff is friendly and efficient without being stuffy. I really like it. The restaurant was just opening when I was there and I imagine this place will be one of those new hot-spots once word gets out. I would recommend it before it becomes too tragically hip.

Great new place

Hope this place stays a hidden Gem. Great Location, Great Staff!!
Rooms are enormous, recently renovated. The Beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.
GREAT!!!