8221 West Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, California, 90046, United States

West Hollywood sign, CA, USWest Hollywood sign, CA, US

Travel Tips for West Hollywood

Kepp On Keeping On

by Travler409

Cruise east on Santa Monica and go through the theatre district. I saw a marquee for a show called: The Short, Healthy, Happy, Heady Life of My P**is. I met with an agent at a Starbucks on Melrose Avenue, not too far from Pink's Hot Dogs. The meeting was cordial and eye opening. He told me that Hollywood was pretty much an ageist land of opportunity, that most studios were waiting for the next sixteen year old to develop a spec script, that everyone has written a horror movie, that I needed to keep on writing and not get discouraged but not get my hopes up. I hadn't been one of the top four winners from the night before but I did have a producer call me about the script when I got back. She's now working in Philly with the guy who did COFFEE AND CIGARETTES. And the agent I met with? He inked a deal for a million bucks with Fox Searchlight for a 'Sandra Bullock' vehicle. Yeah, so I'm this close but I want to be closer.

Find Places with a View

by marinarena

It's a little thing but I recommend going to places like here at the West Hollywood Connection and take in the view from the second level. Snap a picture! I would have snapped the sky view from the upper level here but it was raining. Though I did manage to get a nice view of the lower level with the bright reddish painted wall with hanging grapes.

Go Club Hopping!

by marinarena

West Hollywood can be called THE nightclub city of the entire southern California area. WeHo, especially down Santa Monica amd Sunset Blvd, has hot, exclusive and popular night spots to be seen, to dance or take in a concert. This is a good website for getting to know the many clubs in this relatively small city. There is something for everyone straight, gay, bi, trans, whomever is a social butterly or celebrity watcher !! OK, I think I covered everyone!

Know 'bout Boystown

by marinarena

To capture the heart, soul, 6 pack and crotch of WeHo, walk along Santa Monica Blvd, roughly between La Cienega and Robertson. This is Gay L.A. central, featuring trendy boutique-style shops and clubs. Popular establishments include the East west Lounge and A Different light bookstore. About 80 percent of the pedestrians and bystanders are fairly fashionable young men who are most likely of the homosexual persuasion. And it's about 50/50 that they walk with airs or come across very happy and friendly. Well, make this assumption or not but once here, you'll see that I am about right :-) One thing I know, as a girl walking the street, I can certainly count on not being hit on!

Go with the hip crowd and get...

by la_beba

Go with the hip crowd and get a tattoo!!!!!! ;o)

I got my only tattoo at:
Sunset Strip Tattoo
8418 W. Sunset Blvd.

West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone: (323) 650-6530

I heard they've been at the same location for 30 yrs. It was bright, friendly, laid back and non-intimidating at all!!!! They will listen to what you really want.... I drew my own and they stamped it on me! I think they also take walk-ins.

This is a scan of my tattoo (it's on lower back... no! don't even try and imagine me scanning it, ROFL.... not a pretty picture)

TATTOO INFO:

Owner: Glenda 'La_Beba'
Size: Depens how big her lower back looks ;o)
Location: Latissimus dorsi