- Reviews: 109
The SLS: Beautiful Luxury at a Price
The SLS hotel is like no other. The design of the place is like a maze, darkly inviting but with all the normal necessities (check in, for example) hidden from view.
"Where's the lobby?" asks one guest walking up the red carpet through the front door. Guests pass an outdoor area with white leather seating, deer antlers, and bookshelves, and enter through double glass doors to find an empty desk to the right, a restaurant in front, and a black lacquered concierge desk to the left -- but no check-in. That's around the corner, tucked away in near-pitch-black darkness.
Once you get to your room however, you can forgive the strangeness of the lobby. The rooms offer every luxury you can think of and are designed and groomed to perfection. From the modern beds and furniture to the bathtubs in the middle of the bathroom, to the chocolate covered strawberries waiting for you on the desk, you will want for nothing. You better not, for the price.
• 6th-floor pool and terrace designed to be an outdoor living room
• All the expected services of a luxury hotel, delivered with formality
• Concierge on duty on weekdays, until a bit later on weekends
• Within five-minutes walking distance to the high-end Beverly Center
• 10 minutes to Third Street, a quaint stretch of upscale boutiques and cafes
• Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive is just over two miles away, or a seven- to 10-minute drive.
• Hollywood Boulevard and Grauman's Chinese Theatre are a 10-minute drive.
• Sunset Strip, a notorious stretch of restaurants and nightlife, is just over a mile away
• Universal Studios theme park is a 20-minute drive.
• The beach and the Valley are 30- to 45-minutes away by car (in opposite directions).
• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is a 45-minute drive.
• Beds float in the center of the room
• Soaking tub with rain shower
• All the tech amenities you could need
• Wi-Fi is free in some room categories, but not all; costs a fee per 24 hours.
• Poolside drink and food service from Jose Andres restaurant
• Incredibly well-equipped 2,500-square-foot, 24-hour fitness center
• 5,000-square-foot, full-service spa with six private treatment rooms
• Well-equipped business center with MacBooks, copy machines, and printers
• Retail space in Bazaar restaurant curated by renowned New York City-based design purveyor Moss has everything from books to cutlery to gilded piggy banks to tsotchkes by Kidrobot.
Bring your credit card.
- Reviews: 223
Saharan Motor Hotel: on Sunset Blvd. and affortable
The motel is located on Sunset Blvd.The price is pretty good,the location is okay and the motel is clean.Service is normal.The best thing is the location,not far from Beverly Hills,Hollywood Blvd.,directly on Sunset Blvd.Easy to go around by bus to downtown L.A. or other destinations.
There is a pool.Advantage is the location and the price/rate and it is clean and comfortable.
- Reviews: 5
Hyatt West Hollywood: Nice and comfortable
Located right in the middle of everything. We were very comfortable and didn't have to make any complaints.
The joint was very clean and well kept, It would be a good idea to bring any goodies before you go to crash. Only one Pepsi machine on the floor.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Oops Bar and Restaurant
- White Star Motel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
- Hotel Venezia
- The Tryall Club
- Arndale Court Hotel
- Paramount Serviced Apartments
- Saint Patrick's Hotel
- Summerfield Suites Miami Airport
- Hotel Capitan Suizo
- Seaside Guest House 14
- Chateau Resort & Conference Center
- Savoy Hotel Apartments
- Airlie Waterfront Bed and Breakfast