Mondrian - A Morgans Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Mondrian - A Morgans Hotel

Better off at Howard Johnsons

Easily the worst service I've ever recieved. To the pretentious hotel managers: You're not royalty, you work at a hotel! You're one step up from the bell boys, who are actually the nicest ones there. The room was hardly worth the money, sky bar is fun if you like sittin ackwardly on beds, the "family portions" at the restaurant (cuba de asia) will feed one non-annorexic as an appetizer. waste of my hard earned money. I travel a lot, never had this bad of service. Anywhere else is half price, 2x better everything.

Mondrian: By far the best take it from me!

I'll never forget my first Mondrian experience. I had checked into the W after a long drive and after their check in time finally got into the suite. All the horrible things you see on a dateline show investigation were present.

Jumped into my car onto sunset at 5pm. Important people on the way and no where to check in? I heard about mondrian and then I arrived.

Everythings so easy. Your in... your on your way no hassle! NEVER have encountered any rude attitudes. This is a hotel for successful young adults 18-35. Older then that your better off at Ermitage. Take it from me a 25 year single guy whose been staying here for 3 years. Stayed in studio suites, regular rooms and suites. Its minimalist dont expect four seasons decor its a schrager hotel. Modern and no clutter. Lobby is by far the most gorgeous intimate area next to Mauni lani in Hawaii this is my favorite spot. Skybar always the best. Guarnteed smile on your face all night. Only downside is sunset blvd the police from 11-3am are out catching every other drunk on the road can be quite loud. But you should be awake anyway if your staying Mondrian. Just dont drive sunset at 3am you have a 80/30 chance of getting in an accident with a drunk or being pulled over.

excellent

After reading many of the reviews on this site although I was excited about staying at the mondrian I was also a little hesitant. But to my surprise, the service here went way beyond my expectations. They took care of everything for us from our luggage, to my hair/make-up session, tours of LA, etc. Everyone was EXTREMELY nice!!! I do agree that it is minimalist but that's what makes it unique. Best for people in 20's to 30's or young at heart.

Lived Up To My Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member joey0502

i stayed at the ian schrager hotel sanderson (london) in april and loved it so i had to give mondrian a try. i'd been to the restaurant (asia de cuba) before and its definately one of my top favorites. the calamari salad is amazing. they were a little slow with one of the rooms (mine) but it was worth the wait. i booked a deluxe corner suite and the view was awesome (especially at night) i had views of the city, sunset blvd and the scene going on at the pool/skybar. the bed was very comfortable as were the couches. im a fan of the minimalist/trendy design. the bathroom didnt at all compare to the sanderson but it was decent. the lobby wasnt as impressive either, not as funky, but it was still very pretty and clean. the gift shop was interesting, full of random strange things. i loved the skybar and outdoor lounge area overlooking la. its the perfect place (day or night) to relax and take back a few drinks. if youre a hotel guest you can get in skybar without waiting in line. the service everywhere in the hotel was good but the man (more like boy) checking us out seemed pretty clueless. everytime i was at the desk someone seemed to be complaining about something gone wrong (luckily i wasnt one of them). it seems like its still a popular celeb hangout (saw randy jackson in asia de cuba and dan aykroyd in skybar). its full of many attractive people in their 20s and 30s. it was a fun experience and ill definately stay again next time im in la.

Wonderful staff, great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member zatrix

The staff at this hotel were helpful, thoughtful, and made my stay better than expected. I had a feeling that if you weren't a celebrity in Hollywood you could get the cold shoulder but it was absolutely the opposite. From the bellman to the front desk (Adam) to the hostesses at the wonderful Asia de Cuba they were respectful and kind. They remembered my name and were anxious to help and please.
Overall the hotel is very cool, very loud if you're in the front over the House of Blues on a busy night is my only complaint.

Over priced

Given the name and "glam" of it all, we expected the hotel to be really classy. The lobby was kind of plain with cheap furnitures. The suite which we stayed in was also full of cheap furnitures, bed linens, and tasteless design. By the way, you can hear lots of traffic and siren at night since they probably have thin window panes as well. And good lord, they still have acoustic ceilings!!! It feels like going into one of the HGTV design on a dime project! This is all fine if they did not charge like a five star hotel. Definitely disappointed that we spent $600 per night at their so called suite. $600 would get us alot better service, ambience and comfort at "W" or the "St. Regis" hotels.

Different

Only had time to stay for one night but it was worth the stay. It's very chic which won't be to everyones taste but it's different and we liked it. The staff were very polite and helpful. The room was great with nice views out over the Skybar. Location not bad maybe just a little too far too walk into the centre, and we found to our cost Taxi's in LA are very expensive. Overall a great hotel!

stay in the lobby

by TripAdvisor Member coop63

checked out from the"W" to what I thought would be something better.
great lobby, fantastic service. All is great until you get to the room. What a joke. Painted furniture, stained carpet, cracked sink, original fixtures(not good originals) and 3" of water when you shower. If only they would combine Mondrian service with the "W" rooms. Stay in the lobby and you will have a great time.

Lots of fun at the Mondrian

by TripAdvisor Member Virginia4227

Fun! That's what the Mondrian is. Six girlfriends and I stayed there for 2 nights last week. The decor is so different. We had a wonderful dinner at Asia de Cuba with Actor Jamie Foxx eating two tables over. Afterwards we went over to the Skybar. No wait if you're staying there. It's such a beautiful view overlooking LA, the swimming pool and their lounge type mattresses scattered around. The rooms were so simple but so different from any other hotel I have stayed. When you return to your room after turndown service the maid has two voltives lit bedside. We had a faulty showerhead and it was replaced by the time we returned to our room the same day. All the employees were very nice and helpful. Yes, bring earplugs if you want to go to bed before midnight. My friends who overlooked the Skybar said the music kept them up a lot of the night. My room overlooked the House of Blues and that was noisy in the AM with street traffic and a loud garbage truck. I would definitely stay there again.

Comments