Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels

Unbelievable behavior!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 20, 2012

My wife gave birth three months ago by Cesarean section and we had our family in from Chicago staying around the corner, at the Ramada Inn West Hollywood on Santa Monica Boulevard. I am a pediatrician and teach on faculty at UCLA. When we stay at hotels in Los Angeles, we usually stay at The W in downtown Los Angeles, or in Westwood as we’re Starwood Preferred Guest members, but because my family couldn’t afford the W, we had them stay in the most convenient and cost effective hotel in our neighborhood so that they could attend the joy of my daughter’s birth
Unfortunately, my wife had an experience this morning with the Ramada Inn West Hollywood that leaves me furious. She took a short walk with our infant in her stroller and had to use the restroom in a hurry. My wife has had complications after her C-section, including bleeding. She stopped in the Ramada Inn West Hollywood and saw a women’s restroom four feet from the front desk. She asked the Front Desk clerk (a blonde guy) whether she might use the restroom.
This employee told her, “no, it’s for registered guests only.” My wife told him it was an emergency. She said that she had just had a baby. He peered around the corner to verify that there was an infant in her stroller. “Ma’am, there’s a Starbucks around the corner.” My wife told him she was bleeding. “If you’re bleeding, you’ll need to walk down to the Emergency Room at Cedars-Sinai hospital.” My wife begged him to use the restroom quickly and was told no. She took a step toward the restroom. The employee looked to his right and left and asked, “ma’am, do I have to call security?” My wife left in tears.

After working up the courage to return to ask for the employee’s name, she was greeted by another Front Desk clerk named Amir. She asked for the blonde man’s name. “Adam.” When she asked for his last name, she was told that that information is privileged and for registered guests only. My wife told Amir that her sister-in-law and her family had just stayed in the hotel. “What’s their last name?” She told him my sister’s last name and he looked through his computer to tell her, “No, ma’am, no one by that name has ever stayed here.” She asked to leave a comment. He began to hand over a comment card sitting on the Front Desk, and then snatched it back. “Comments are to be left by registered guests only.”

My wife left again terribly upset. She’s upset by the way she looks and feels after her pregnancy. She feels as if she was treated like an insane homeless person waiting to vandalize the restroom. Our family has stayed here in the recent past, but you can be sure that neither our immediate nor our extended family will stay here ever again.

Unique Quality: This place is a dump.

Travler409's Profile Photo

Centrally Located

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 15, 2007

It had a Trader's Joe on one side and a whole bunch of bistros surrounding it. The room looked down on a gym and early one morning I looked out to see women in aerobic suits going in and coming out.

Directions: Not far from the Theatre District. In between the 101 and the 405.

Bunsch's Profile Photo

Not my idea of the good life

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 1, 2007

I can't recommend the Ramada Plaza. It's possible that things look better on the second or third floors, but the fourth floor might as well have been made from cardboard given the amount of sound transmitted through the walls. I heard the couple on one side until the wee hours, and someone on the other got up at six o'clock and immediately turned on the television. Not delightful. Although the weather was mild, I had to keep the air conditioner on to drown out the noise from Santa Monica Boulevard. The housekeeping staff removed all washcloths after the first day of my stay and didn't return any until the third day, despite a request. No new soap was ever provided. The swimming pool was inexplicably closed during most of my stay. Internet access is available...for fifty cents per minute! Oh, and it doesn't have an airport shuttle. Expect to pay $50 for a cab from LAX.

Directions: Junction of LaCienega and Santa Monica

Nearby Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel

• Ramada West Hollywood
  • Ramada Plaza Suites West Hollywood
  • West Hollywood Ramada
  • Ramada Plaza Hotel-west Hollywood Hotel West Hollywood

Address: 8585 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, California, 90069, United States

3 Photos of Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel

• Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

West Hollywood Travel Forum

Need advice about West Hollywood, California? Visit the Travel Forum for West Hollywood and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest West Hollywood hotel reviews