Venice Breeze Suites

Based on 206 reviews
Expedia.com Booking.com
WaltW's Profile Photo

Just Dont Go Outside

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 23, 2012

That being said... I will never go back to this area. OH MY GOD! Holy disgusting xhit-hole. The area around the hotel is at best a slum. There are hundreds of homeless people everywhere. The Homeless shelter has a tent right outside the hotel and all the rude, crazy, dirty, smelly, disgusting people from the area all camp out right in front of the hotel every day. The grass and beach is so dirty that I would not even put our baby down on the ground even for a second.

Within the first day i saw 4 fights, 2 police arrests, at least a dozen people buying or using illegal drugs. I was hassled for change and food. I dropped my keys with my baby in hand and a group of homeless guys started hassling me as one of them grabbed them off the ground and started telling me i should give them a reward for returning them.

If you have the windows in your room open to enjoy the breeze, you get to hear the Homeless Shelter Food Tent begging people for change constantly the entire day. They never shut up for 12 hours. Crazy people screaming and fighting down on the sidewalk. People banging on the trash cans to create a beat to acapella rap with... and the rap was not something anyone would ever want to hear.

The worst part is that the garage is about a half mile away down the beach. So you have to walk through all these scumbags and degenerates every time you want to leave or come back to your room. At night I couldn't even let my wife leave by herself to run to the store because it was so unsafe... so i had to walk her with the baby (since it was just the three of us) down through all these idiots.

The elevator in the hotel was so small i couldn't get our baby stroller into the elevator. And we were on the 4th floor. The stench of Pachouli, incense and pot smoke was inside and outside the hotel during our entire stay.

After we put up with about two days of this... we asked for a refund on the rest of our stay and were told no... absolutely not.

Unless your idea of a vacation was staying in a trailer park in the worst slum you have even seen... dont go here.

Unique Quality: The hotel room was very nice inside. Everything was working properly. The Management was very pleasant. And the view to the ocean was great.

\

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Winnetka Travel Forum

Need advice about Winnetka, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Winnetka and ask our Answer Gurus.

Winnetka Travel Guide