2230 Madison St, Yountville, California, 94599, United States
Booking.com Tingo.com Travelocity

More about Napa Valley Lodge

Really enjoyed the Napa Valley Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member BJ_ML_7

This is a very enjoyable small hotel. The location is very easy to find and well located in the Napa Valley. Yountville is a delightfull
small town with outstanding restaurants and shops. We truly loved our
stay and plan to return very soon.

A Gem in Napa Valley

by TripAdvisor Member JimSMilwaukee_WI

My wife and I have stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge since the mid 80's when it was a simple, but very nice Best Western motel. If I remember correctly, this was one of one or two places to stay in Yountville, a very rural town at that time. Wine was still a few dollars a bottle and you didn't have to pay for tastings. Since that time, the wine market has boomed and Yountville has become the premier destination in Napa Valley with very upscale hotels, spas and restaurants. The Napa Valley Lodge was purchased by Woodside Properties a while back and through their capital input has grown to become one of hotel gems in this area. I had to laugh and very much disagree with some of the reviews. Yes the Lodge has has motel feel because of its history, but that is where it ends. The beautifully appointed rooms are very oversized and comfortable. They face a beautiful court yard and pool area that reminds me of Tuscany with vineyard views around the entire property. While relatively close to the highway, noise is not a factor. The staff here is second to none and very customer service oriented. They give great advice on wineries and restaurants just like the $500+ per night hotels which most of the hotel properties run during high season...by the way, the Napa Valley Lodge is probably one of the best bargains in the valley. What really sets the Lodge apart from others though is the location. If you like to like to walk and take in the valleys beauty, this is the place. There are a number of little roads right near the inn that take you through the vineyards, cattle pastures, and loads of wild flowers and berry bushes. Mike Girgich's beautiful victorian is only a block up the road. All of the restaurants in Yountville are just a few blocks walk and its nice not always have to get in your car. There is this absolutely fantastic bar, Pancha's, kitty corner to the lodge. Nothing fancy, just a locals place with great drinks at a reasonable price. Obviously we are big fans of the Napa Valley Lodge and will continue to be for years to come. We hope you will look past some of the unwarranted reviews and experience what we have for years.
Jim and Linda Struhar
Milwaukee, WI

Great stay in Napa

by TripAdvisor Member Drew68

Had difficulty finding available rooms in Napa for the weekend of September 15th and found the last room available at the Napa Valley Lodge. We stayed in the Mertiage Suite and were blown away by how spacious and accomodating the room was. Huge bathroom, nice wet bar off the entrance, sunken living/bedroom area and a nice patio overlooking the pool and courtyard.

The bathroom had a large jacuzzi tub big enough for two, huge shower, very luxurious and well kept.

The living/bedroom area had a nice working fireplace, flat screen LCD television, and a sitting area to the side. Definitely made for a very nice weekend in Napa.

The room was a bit pricey in comparison (~$500/night) but if you're looking for a weekend getaway in Napa, it is well worth the spend.

I reviewed some of the comments made regarding the Napa Valley Lodge being a "converted motel". This may be the case but it was a fantastic conversion if true. The parking area is somewhat separated from the rooms by the landscaping and there were grapes growing on an arbor outside our room.

Despite the price, we will definitely be back again. Its central location in the valley can't be missed and some of the best vineyards are only 15 minutes away - or less.

Try the Rutherford Grill or Mustards, both nearby. They're worth the wait for a seat.

A Family of Many

by TripAdvisor Member mrnoname

My wife and I have one special location to visit whether we travel to Paris, Aux in Provence, Oahu, Lake Tahoe,California Portland, Ore; Victoria, Canada or Palm Springs. That special place is Napa Valley Lodge where the amenities and hospitality make you feel like an extended family member. James Wolfe always makes magic happen when we arrive as well as his staff, be it those delicious home made cookies or the bottle of wine in our room. Ambrosia and serenity combined with their special touch make every visit special.
We have been making Napa Valley Lodge our special home since it opened. Each visit seems like just yesterday.

To those looking for that special place where you are treated as family, look no further. Become another extended family member.

Glorified Motel

by TripAdvisor Member knf

I stayed here in January with a group of friends (we are in our mid-30's and had 3 rooms). There is a free wine tasting on Friday night's which is nice and the complimentary breakfast is nice as well. But as far as the prices go, we thought we would be staying in a luxury property and this place is nothing more than a converted motel. When you go to your room off the parking lot, you will recognize the layout and bathrooms if you've ever stayed in any budget hotel in the US. It is not worth the money and all weekend everyone was continually remarking that the Napa Valley Lodge found the best photographer in the world for their website. All the pictures really are of the property but when you see the same view in person it's a lot smaller and a lot less posh.

Cancelled Reservation Immediatly!!

by TripAdvisor Member edensparadize

I attempted to make a reservation at the Lodge for my honeymoon. I called the hotel directly as I was booking two packages. The person I talked to sounded confused, I had to repeat things constantly and could not get me an overall total, but he assured me it would be on my emailed confirmation. I hung up feeling uneasy. I never got a confirmation. I called back the next day and was told by the women I spoke to that she was too busy to look into my questions, but someone would call me back. I never got a call back. I emailed a contact that helped me previously and never heard back. SO I CANCELLED MY RESERVATION!! If it is that much trouble just to confirm what I booked, then I can't imagine what my stay would have been like. Why would I spend my hard earned money at a place that is too busy to answer my questions. I have never had such problems with any hotel or resort. AVOID!!

Very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lovesublime

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are large and comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and spacious. We woke up to a strange hissing sound. Went outside and we got to watch the hot air balloons inflate and take off! Its reasonably priced for napa, and its a good location.
My main problem was you had to lug your suitcase up a flight of stairs if youre on the 2nd floor. Theres no elevator.

Pure Delight!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cheriel

A friend made these reservations so I did not know what to expect. Boy was I surprised!!! It was absolutely beautiful and as we sat by the gas fire pit with our bottle of wine I thought I was pretty close to heaven.

The room was decorated so nicely and I especially appreciated the bathroom with the large dressing area and makeup counter.

Breakfast by the pool complete with mimosas was also a treat as well as the snacks in the lobby each day with ice tea and coffee.

It was a very special trip for us and I hope that we can visit again real soon. I will surely pass on your name to anyone coming your way. Many thanks.....

a little gem in Napa

by TripAdvisor Member chiefpaduke

great location, very quiet and peaceful, but only a short walk to the cafes and shops of Yountville. our room was spacious and well appointed with a large bathroom and fireplace. breakfast was a highlight!! fresh fruit, egg salad, cheese lots of other goodies. we sat on the porch and watched the quail picking through the vineyard 20 feet away.

Wine weekend get-a-way-

by Agraichen

"Napa Valley relaxation"

Two years in the planning..LOL..actually we were given a night at the Napa Valley Lodge almost two years ago as a Christmas Gift. You know the story... maybe next weekend, mabe next month. Since our vacation travels have been curtailed this year due to the evil W(ork) word, we have to get away when we can.

So with carful planning we decided upon a the following weekend (back in April). A call to the Napa Valley Lodge quickly put those plans to rest and we had to chance that the chosen weekend in July would not be interrupted by calls from the "office." Luckily only 3 conference calls on the drive up were the extent of the work for most of the weekend.

"Hurley's"

Dinner the first night was preplanned as a gift certificate was part of the present. As we had arrived early and the weather was unseasonably warm (Napa can be wonderful in the summer but the weather is rarely in the 100s. It was 98 when we arrived .

A short walk from the hotel brought us to Hurley's, on Washington Street, across from the Yountville "1870 " landmark.

"Wine tasting..."

Besides beautiful scenery, visiting the wineries and tasting is the main attraction in the Napa valley (lol...depending on your outlook its slightly ahead of shopping, ballooning, mud baths, hiking and a host of other activities).

This trip we didn't have too much time to "taste," but we did manage to fit in Sterling, located just south of Calistoga. Perched on a small hill, Sterling has incredible views of the valleys. What makes it unique is the cable car, tram ride from the parking lot to the top of the hill.

Once at the top you are normally greated with a glass of wine and an oppoortunity to tour part of the facility. Throughout part of the tour, automated monitors provide an explanation of the wine making process and the activity conducted in the room you are in at the time.

The "end" of the tour lands in the tasting room where for a nominal fee you can taste 3-4 of their wines. The fee is waived (deducted) if you purchase any wine.

Three cases later we headed to our next stop (see "Places of Interest."

Another ViewAnother View

Outdoor Patio AreaOutdoor Patio Area

Sea ScallopsSea Scallops

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Dessert at REDDPeanut Butter and Chocolate Dessert at REDD

Comments