7433 St Helena Way, Yountville, California, 94599, United States

Pretty GroundsPretty Grounds

Yellowfish Tuna AppetizerYellowfish Tuna Appetizer

great B and B in Napa or Yountville

by kjoeme

I would really like to know which is the best B and B in Yountville, or Napa.
Have stayed at Millikin Creek which was over priced. Looking for something similar but not $750.00 a night.

by Agraichen

Well... I've not stayed at anything like that, but did have coffee over the water in Bora Bora where the prices were that high.

The Napa Vally Inn, in Yontville is no where close, but it is very good, comfortable and an easy walk to some excellent restaurants.

A bit over the vally on the Silverado Trail you'll fine Auberge de Soeil, but I've not checked into their pricing.

by travelgourmet

Yountville is in the heart of the Napa Valley. One of the good B&B's in Yountville is a part of the Four Sisters Inn that has B&B's throughout California. I have not stayed at the Maison Fleurie in Yountville but in one of the Four Sisters Inns in Pacific Grove, the Green Gables Inn. They all have the same high standards for guests. The Maison Fleurie is only two blocks from The French Laundry, Bouchon, Bouchon Bakery and the V Marketplace with the Pacific Blues, Bottega and NapaStyle Paninoteca & Wine restaurants, as well as shopping. The prices are very good for the Napa Valley. Check out Maison Fleurie's website: http://www.maisonfleurienapa.com/

by Agraichen

...and the bread from Bouchon Bakery is addicting...

by travelgourmet

Al, lol, So addicting that I had to make a VT tip for Bouchon Bakery: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/736c8/b82de/a/

by Roadquill

We stayed at Bel Abri in Napa a few years ago which is more of a boutique hotel than a B&B. We enjoyed the stay, the rooms have fireplaces and well appointed and the prices are reasonable. They put out a great wine and snack spread along with another batch of free wines to taste (after tasting all day), OMG... I still don't believe I could stand after than, and then we went to dinner. Our friends liked it also. Karl

by atufft

Larry's recommendations for Yountville are outstanding and up to date, but I have to differ on what's the center of the action in Napa Valley. Yountville has more bigger corporate money wineries, docent tours, and restaurants all surrounded by big bench land trellised vineyards. It's certainly busy there on the street in terms of traffic. But, I prefer walking along the sidewalks of St Helena the real "Heart of the Napa Valley", and the owner led tours at the smaller out-of-the-way family run wineries about which the wine tasting textbooks are written. These are harder to locate for the impulsive traveler but make more of an experience overall. These family run operations are totally world-class, so prepare to buy a few bottles because you can't get them in New York or Chicago wine shops. Check out my pages for Napa, which also has links for all the other towns in the Napa Valley, and more specific details. There are great B&B Victorian era homes in St Helena that are architectural gems not found in Yountville. Check out Calistoga for reasonably priced lodging with hot sulfer mud spa action. Read Larry's volume of great tips too...

Travel Tips for Yountville

Bicyclists to your marks!

by kalkahuna

Yountville is a great central location to start and end a bike ride. You have access to the main highway but you can also use the fronatge roads and the "Crossings" that go back and forth thru the beautiful vineyards and to the Silverado Trail. Each year we try and go and ride in the "Tour of Napa Valley". Choose from the 30, 65 or 100 mile courses.
It's put on by the Eagle Cycling Club.

They put on a great ride. Sag wagon, rest/fuel stops and a really nioce BBQ and live music bash at the end.
Starts and stops at the Yountville Veterans Home right near the Napa Museum.

Here comes the BALLOON CHASE CREW

by Geisha_Girl

The "Chase Crew" consisted of 3 ruggedly petite women who come in and immediately take over the transport once the passengers disembark.

What we watched in the last 10 minutes of the ride was an amazing display of strength and skills.......

Mutual Rewards!

by Geisha_Girl

Warm *props* were given to our lovely volunteer from France........as we were whisked back to the Napa Valley Grille to enjoy a wonderful "Welcome Back Brunch" our pilot/driver says to our Inspector:

"Job well done, sir! I shall call ahead to have your cocktails served for you at brunch........would you like CHAMPAGNE or MIMOSAS with your brunch?"

The Inspector's response?

"Why waste the orange juice?!"

Aaaaahhhh, spoken like a true Frenchman

Up, Up and Away........

"Sunrise Over Paradise"

Suspended under a twilight canopy
We'll search the clouds for a star to guide us
If by some chance you find yourself loving me
We'll find a cloud to hide us
We'll keep the moon beside us
Love is waiting there in my beautiful balloon
Way up in the air in my beautiful balloon
If you'll hold my hand we'll chase your dream across the sky
For we can fly we can fly
Up, up and away
My beautiful, my beautiful balloon

(The Fifth Dimension)

The absolute absence of a burden causes man to be lighter than air, to soar into the heights, take leave of the earth and his earthly being, and become only half real, his movements as free as they are insignificant.

The lightness/weight opposition is the most mysterious of them all....

The spirit of flight. Floating in a sea of tranquility. There is no movement of air for you have become the wind.

How does one top an evening chasing the moon under a Castilian starlight night ? With a walk through the clouds over Paradise, of course....

"Sunrise"

Your day starts at the crack of dawn. You need to beat the sunrise in order to watch it from the clouds.

With precision and care, the balloons are set up and filled with the lightness that will carry you off to a new perspective.

"A Different View"

From 120,000 to 210,000 cubic feet in volume and standing about 70 feet tall.

You can just smell the wine!!

by kalkahuna

"Napa Valley was a CRUSHING good time!"

We love Yountville. A good, central location in the Napa Valley and within crawling distance to French Laundry, Bouchon's, Bistro Jeanty, Napa Valley Grille, Gordon's Market, Pacific Blues Cafe, Piatti's, Cucina ala Carte and the newly opened Hurley's Bar and Grill.

And if you have any wine questions, drop by Groezinger's and talk to Rick or Justin.

"Baby Kal"

Circa 1952.

I was into the fine slections from BV even as a child.

Comments