Villagio Inn And Spa

Villagio Inn and Spa
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

Lovely Stay at the Villagio Inn & Spa

We were upgraded upon check in to an inner courtyard room which was very nice with views of the fountains. You receive a bottle of wine in your room upon check-in. Our room was nice with a spacious vanity area, granite countertops and full amenities.

We enjoyed the Champagne breakfast buffet in the morning, possibly the best buffet I have had with a hotel stay. The pool area is very nice, I enjoyed a swim and jacuzzi in the morning after breakfast before check-out.

The staff was wonderful and right across the street is Ad Hoc and REDD where we enjoyed amazing meals during our stay in Yountville. The concierge was also very helpful with giving us complimentary tasting passes to local wineries. We enjoyed a glass of Pinot Noir at Domaine Chandon, right around the corner from the Villagio. We will definitely return here!

Unique Quality: Outstanding buffet for breakfast, complete with champagne, gorgeous pool and lounging area with king size, padded lounge chairs, accomodating staff, pretty grounds with fountains, a real Tuscan-feel to the property.

More about Villagio Inn And Spa

Villagio Inn and Spa

by TripAdvisor Member CStoneTX

We stayed here for two nights. Our room was very big. The jacuzzi bathtub/shower was great - it was nice to take a shower in the tub, since it was so much larger than many hotels. Bed was very comfortable. Both of us had a massage at the spa - great massage! We were with a larger group, and the hotel was very accomodating. Enjoyed the pool. Breakfast buffet was pretty good, though the same every day.

Incredible Weekend Getaway

My husband and I recently traveled to wine country for a short getaway. After much research we decided on the Villagio Inn and Spa due to the ideal location and excellent restaurant selection in the area. We were absolutely delighted upon arrival to find such a pleasant staff to greet us and the welcome belinis were wonderful. Our room was very nice - we loved the granite bathroom and luxurious large soaking bathtub. The king bed and down comforter were very plush in addition to wonderful linens. Our room was located on the back of the property between the spa and pool and it was very peaceful and quite - it is definitely worth the extra money to get the prime quiet upstairs location. The champagne breakfast was fabulous and the spa was wonderful. The pool area is very nice and the lounging areas were very relaxing. We ate at Bouchons for lunch and would recommend PJ Steak in the area for dinner - we found all the dining to be exceptional. Overall the Villagio was exactly what we were looking for in our romantic weekend getaway - we were very pleased.

checked out 15 min after we checked in!

It was supposed to be a fun, relaxing, treat ourselves like rock stars, girls weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. We had planned for months and were so excited about the Villagio.. the web site looked beautiful and the price was in the low range of a 4-seasons or a Ritz so we expected somewhat the same atmosphere. We were W-R-O-N-G! The place looks cute enough on the outside, grounds were well kept and the enter garden area and fountains were very pretty. But I have to agree with a earlier review.. the rooms were 1 step about a motel 6 plus it was loud and just not inviting. We were sooooo upset. Needless to say we checked out 15 minutes after we checked in. They were very nice and asked what they could do to change our minds.. by this time nothing could stop us. We then traveled 30-45 minutes to Sonoma and stayed at the Kenwood Inn and Spa.. Ok this is what we expected! Intimate, relaxing, view overlooking the vineyards, beautiful gardens, water fountains and excellent service. We forgot the Villagio completely the second we walked in the lobby. Sorry Villagio... you get a thumbs down in my book.

Great location for exploring Napa wine country

by TripAdvisor Member SadieDog03

We stayed at the Villagio with a group of about 25 people for a trip to explore wine country. Yes, the hotel is pricey, but so is everything in Napa. The room was above average, fairly roomy, with a tiny deck that barely fit two chairs. We had an upstairs room which seemed nicer than the downstairs version. It was a great hotel for travelling with a group. We would meet up for breakfast out on the patio. Great breakfast buffet options. They also had a Bocce court next to the driveway, which was a fun gathering spot for us. We did not use the spa or pool. Lovely well maintained grounds with a lot of interesting plant specimens and water features. As for the central location, in addition to it being a good starting point for winery visits, it was very convenient to a number of great restaurants including Bouchon which we loved.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member mossway1

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Villagio. Our room was # 232, a king, upstairs inner court room -- I believe the highest priced room they have. We were seeking quiet and protection from the noise of Route 29, as we have heard other people had concerns about that. The room location did the trick as far as protection from Route 29 noise, although we did occasionally hear cars & trucks on Washington Street, the local street on the other side of the hotel. I would say it was more isolated horn honking or pealing out, not a steady stream of noise and wasn't really serious enough to disturb us. Aside from the noise concerns, the hotel was lovely. Never have we felt so welcome at check in. The staff was extremely friendly. The gardens were fabulous, with fountains, sculptures and fragrant flowers everywhere. Breakfast was divine -- scrambled eggs and everything else you could imagine. They have a small business center back in the conference center area that was available at all times for internet access -- very convenient and never jammed. Also unusual in this day and age, local and 800 telephone calls were free from the room. Speaking of the room, it was large and very comfortable. We especially liked the dressing room with a double sink and lots of counter space. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and would return to the Villagion in a minute.

a total disappointment

i have never written a review on trip advisor before but felt compelled to do so because this hotel was so awful. for $330 dollars we got a room that was essentially just feet from the major traffic artrery - highway 29 (of course, no one mentioned this when booking). the room was cold, dark, damp and INCREDIBLY LOUD. the kitshy fountains and decor were pathetic - it was like staying at a very low grade motel with just enough very minor upgrades that it almost looks passable in photos - and on the internet- but just awful in person. their free wireless internet did not reach to my room unless i sat on the balcony - in the rain. the decor in the rooms is holiday inn level. i can't tell you how disappointed we were - i knew it wasn't going to be the four seasons, but for that amount of money i expect so much more than a low grade motel. the only good thing i can say, is that it is directly accross the street from a lovely french restaurant - bistro jeanty - with terrific food and a great staff. i wish i could have slept there!

Best Place We Stayed

Over the course of 10 days, my wife and I did a driving tour of California, staying in 6 different hotels. This was the best one.

The staff was incredibly friendly and willing to help. Upon arrival, they asked if we needed help with dinner reservations. We didn't, but I understand they may be able to get you into some of the restaurants that may be otherwise booked.

We had a downstairs room conventiently located near the lobby and pool. It was one of the largest rooms I have been in short of a suite. It had lots of windows and French doors leading to a private patio. These all had shutters for privacy.

One thing we noticed is that they had a refrigeator but no over-priced mini-bar items. On the contrary, fruit, lemonade and other items were freely available in several places.

The pool was very nice. One area had a constant mist where you could sit and be cool. There were also two cabanas with kingsized beds which were available on a first-come basis.

On the downside, on the second night, we did hear people walking around above us on several occasions. Upon our return, I was sent a satisfaction survey. I mentioned this and they replied that they were sorry and that they would note in my record that the next time we came, we would be given a second floor room. This was an unusual attention to detail.

Also, I did not bring my laptop and wanted to print out my airline boarding pass before going to the airport. We asked the front desk and they said they would be happy to do it for me.

The location was great. We also booked a hot air balloon flight on their recommendation. It turns out the company launches from an adjacent parking lot. Aside from having to meet at 5:55 am, I would highly recommend doing this. It is a neat experience and not as daring as it seems. Napa Valley Aloft ($205/person).

We also had dinner one night at Aubrege du Soleil which had been recommended to me by a friend. It is located up the mountain and has a spectacular view of the Napa Valley. We ate outside and it was very comfortable. This is definitely an upscale restaurant and the food was excellent. They have a price fix menu and another three course menu with four choices for each course (cost $214 plus tip) but it is well worth the experience.

I have recorded the details of our 10 day California sojurn on my blog for anyone who might be interested. To access it, simply type californiadriving.blogspot.com into your browser.

The best hotel

by TripAdvisor Member akuppers

I had to write a review on how amazing our recent stay here was. WE LOVED THIS PLACE! we have stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the country,a nd this was a wonderful experience comparable to any 5 star hotel. The people were amazing, so friendly and helpful, the location is incredible, the pool is charming and perfect....and you can walk to dinner. We ate at bouchon and it was amazing! really a wonderful experience from start to finish! we only stayed two nights, and can't wait to return!

Slick and well-equipped, but...soulless

by TripAdvisor Member iksnamhcok

My wife and I had a pleasant three-day stay here, but we didn't feel it was quite worth the very steep price. How can we complain about such a well-outfitted place, so well located in lovely Yountville? Well...

We had a nice, large room, and the service was friendly, but we didn't take much advantage of the spa, and the only time we sat by the pool, the constant hum of the nearby traffic was distracting. Also, the place just felt sort of...soulless. It's slick and well-equipped, but lacking in personality.

Since we spent most of our time out and about, at the wineries, picnic grounds, and restaurants, and driving to the coast, it turned out that exactly where we stayed wasn't so important. We probably would have been better off in a less-expensive bed and breakfast.

The highlight of our trip to Napa Valley was another lodging altogether -- the Auberge du Soleil, where we joined friends for several rounds of sunset drinks at the wonderful bar there overlooking vineyards and valley. Now, based on what we saw of Auberge du Soleil, this is a lodging that might actually be worth its staggering price. Wow! Distinctive and beautiful. Next time we'll save your pennies and blow it all here for a once-in-a-lifetime splurge.

Is restaurant and B&B all that it's rated to be?

by Jenn50000

I'm stayin mid-Sept. in Napa area for two days. I've always wanted to try the French Laundry. Was wondering if anyone knew if it was worth the price? If not, any other terrific dining suggestions. Love any kind of food and looking for more great cuisine than the hype.

In addition, I am thinking of staying at Maison Fleurie which seemed rather good at $130, but is already booked up. Any other suggestions?

by YVRDave

Villagio

Good luck getting a reservation at The French Laundry for September also

by karenincalifornia

No, French Laundry is not worth it - particularly not worth the aggravation of trying to get a reservation. I mean great food is great food. There is nothing about French Laundry that makes it so much more spectacular than other great restaurants in the area, that it is worth torturing yourself to try to get a table. There are whole web pages devoted solely to the topic of how to get reservations at French Laundry. But, if you really want to go, you should line of several friends 2 months before your planned dinner date, and get them all to start speed dialing at 9:45 am. If you are lucky, one of you will get a reservation before all the tables fill up. They DO fill up just a few minutes after 10:00 am 2 months beforehand. As YVRDave said, good luck getting a reservation.

No restaurant is worth that, in my opinion. For fabulous alternatives, I recommend Mustards Grill in Yountville or Tra Vigne in St. Helena or Press in St. Helena.

I don't have a good suggestion for a B&B for close to $130, but the good news is, there are a lot of places to choose from. You should book now, because mid-Sept. probably will be during the crush, and Napa is very popular at that time.

Karen

by orcoastgirl

We stayed at the Villagio Inn & Spa in Yountville this past March and loved it! A very nice Tuscan-feel to the property and a great champagne breakfast buffet in the area. Loved the pool area, also. I haven't been to the French Laundry yet, but we had an amazing meal at Cyrus in Healdsburg.

Ad Hoc and REDD were also very nice places for meals, located right across the street from the Villagio in Yountville. Have fun in the wine country! :)

Comments