6541 Washington St, Yountville, California, 94599, United States
Travelocity Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Vintage Inn

2-Month Wait

by Agraichen about The French Laundry

Located in the heart of historic Yountville, CA sits a relatively non-discript two story building, on Washington Street. Reservaions arre available only by telephone and only 2-months in advance - TOO THE DAY/DATE. Availability fills quickly so be on your toes as the hour tics by. As for price, er, if you have to ask, you will be shocked with the bill.

I'm still waiting so...no favorite dishes yet.

Wonderful stay; would go back in a second

We had a very enjoyable two-night stay at the Vintage Inn in Yountville. First, the location was perfect for touring the local wineries. We loved walking around Yountville at night. We were in an upstairs interior room with two queen beds since we were traveling with our two children. The Vintage Inn is very child friendly as well as pet friendly. The rooms are huge and very comfortable -- lots of pillows and duvets. There was a mini refrigerator, fireplace, armoire, complimentary bottle of Chardonnay, lavender bath salts, robes, bottled water and L'Occitaine products. The bathroom, with its two-person jetted tub, was very large. Everything was spotless and well maintained. The champagne breakfast buffet was incredible. Best of all, the service was impeccable from the moment we arrived. I have never had more people constantly asking if they could do anything for us. Loved the pool and hot tub area with all of the lovely flowers, huge chaise beds and a firepit. At night, they come around and light little lanterns around the pool. The landscaping was lush and beautiful. I cannot wait to go back.

On a scale of 1-5...I give it a 6!

by TripAdvisor Member stefiharr

If I had to sum up our stay at the Vintage Inn (and our whole trip) in one word, it would be: INCREDIBLE! Approximately 1 month before my husband and I left for our [first] trip to the wine country, I called the Vintage Inn's concierge b/c I needed a lot of help. I had read books, reviewed websites, and spoken to friends and family who had been to the wine country. What I needed was HELP with all of the things I knew I wanted to do...to put it all in the right order, tell me which wineries required reservations, help to make those reservations, info. as to if I should do tours and tastings or just one or the other. Well, Danielle (the concierge for the Vintage Inn and Villagio) spent an entire hour with me over the phone discussing everything. She then faxed me what she had jotted down during our conversation...and then she proceeded to make every reservation for me (lunches, dinners, tours, tastings). She then e-mailed me the comprehensive itinerary (and we went back and forth many times to get all of the activities, times, etc. just right). WOW! I could write a novel here to tell you about the amazing service, grounds, breakfast, rooms, gardens, etc. at the Vintage Inn...but I want people to read it! So, I'll just tell you that our room was fantastic (big, luxurious beddng, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, L'Occitane bath products, complimentary bottle of wine, complimentary water bottles whenever desired...and so much more). The location of the hotel was perfect. The complimentary breakfast was huge and delicious. The town of Yountville is so classy, clean and adorable...and so close to so many great wineries. DANIELLE was super amazing...she (and the hotel's GM) will be getting a note of thanks from me immediately. I just cannot say enough great things. I appreciate fine hotels, and I'd say this ranks up there. I can't wait to go back. I may stay at the Villagio (the Vintage's sister property) just to spice things up a bit, b/c both are superb! I have no clue what some of the people who gave this hotel 3 stars or below are thinking...they must have had a very rare and unfortunate experience that is definitely NOT the norm!

Fantastic Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member CAFitz

We stayed in the Vintage Inn for three nights and loved evefry minute of it. The staff was extremely courteous, friendly and professional. Our room was on the second floor, exterior side, facing over the highway. Other reviewers have indicated that the highway noise was distracting; however, we had no problems whatsoever. We enjoyed ourselves near the pool and hot tub late one afternoon. The breakfasts were simply outstanding, enough for several meals. Between three is us, we have not a single complaint. My only regret is that now that we've stayed there, any return trip to a hotel other than the Vintage will pale in comparison.

Lovely But Noisy

After reading rave reviews in a travel publication, we made reservations at the Vintage Inn to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival, we realized that the "vineyard view" room that we had chosen online should have been called "freeway view". The noise was unbelievable! We immediately requested a different room and were told that there was none available. Upon speaking to the manager, another room was found on the street side of the grounds. This too proved to be noisy, as delivery trucks and traffic awoke us at the crack of dawn. The staff found us an interior room for our second and third nights and that was finally a sleep-friendly environment.
The staff was professional and helpful, the room lovely and clean, the bathroom luxurious. Breakfast was outstanding! If the hotel location was better (away from the highway and main road) this would be a great place to stay. I would have a hard time recommending it to anyone at the price that we paid.

Great Bathrooms, Road Noise The Worst I have Ever Heard

We got an upgrade to a $430 normally priced suite. One of the upstairs ones with vaulted ceilings. The bathroom was fantastic, and the room beautiful and clean. However the fireplace was poorly vented, smoke kept coming in the room (and yes the flu was open) but the worst part was the road noise. The location is basically sitting on the main highway, with a football field distance between. At 3 in the morning it sounds like you are right on the side of the road trying to sleep in a bed. The windows were not a sound barrier at all, and the zoom zoom of the trucks going by at all hours of the night (and motorcycles too) and believe me they do! I would never stay here again. We even walked around the grounds, wondering if a different room, ANY room, at the Vintage Inn would be quieter. Nope you can here the trucks everywhere. In fact, everytime i stay in Napa from now on I need to know where the place is so I know, in fact, that i will not be sleeping on a highway again. For that much money? YUCK. And yes my review would be entirely different if they picked the whole place up and relocated it somewhere.

A lovely place to stay...

by TripAdvisor Member Colleen_travelqu

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of September 9 for 3 nights. It was a wonderful experience. The rooms are large and spacious and the bathrooms are wonderful - 2 sinks and jacuzzi tubs! The fireplaces are great and it is a great getaway. There is noise from the freeway, but we did not find it terribly distracting. We overlooked the pool, which I would try and avoid next time because that was more noise than the freeway. Also, there were guests there that were in the pool with their five kids (ages about 5-12) that decided that it would be cute if the kids all swam in the nude! We didn't think this was something we wanted to look out on, I called the front desk, and they took care of it promptly. The town of Yountsville is a great place to stay because there are some super restaurants - we especially loved Hurley's, that are within easy walking distance. The breakfast buffet is exceptional. The concierge was extremely accomodating. We drove up to St. Helena and had probably the best meal we have ever had (we have traveled all over the world) at Martini House. If there is a criticism of Vintage Inn it would be that they put inexperienced young people at the front desk. It wasn't that they were rude... they just weren't very with it. They were vague about answering questions ... you could tell they had no clue. The bellmen were great, however.

Would Definitely Stay There Again

by TripAdvisor Member The_TravelerUSA101

My wife and I, along with some other family members, stayed at the Vintage Inn during the end of December, 2005. Our overall stay was very enjoyable. We had an upstairs, exterior room with a fireplace. The room was spacious, nicely furnished and tastefully decorated. We did not find the room to be noisy, especially at night. The reception area of the hotel was impressive, it included a lot of open space with public seating. I enjoyed reading there while having a cup of the tasty house coffee.

The hotel is located in a nice part of Yountville. A few top restaurants are located within walking distance. My personal favorite was Bistro Jeanty. Try the tomato soup in puff pastry, you won’t be disappointed.

What really distinguished this hotel was the cooperative staff and the overall level of service. The concierge secured all of my vineyard appointments and dinner reservations. She was knowledgeable about the area and helpful in planning my wine tasting schedule. The only negative aspect of our stay occurred while we were driving to the hotel prior to our initial check-in. It was late evening and we called the front desk for assistance with directions. The staff on call seemed really young and they were unable to help us. We ended-up taking the long way to the hotel, which added over an hour to our trip—this was somewhat frustrating. Notwithstanding, we loved our entire stay once we were able to check-in. One suggestion, if available, reserve an upstairs room rather than a downstairs room. The upstairs accommodations have higher ceilings and seem to be better decorated.

A very expensive motel

by TripAdvisor Member KeithTalent

Massively overpriced for what is a nice motel. Our room was fine, but a bit dark - and as has been mentioned in an earlier review, being downstairs, suffered from very poor sound insulation from above (footsteps/bathroom taps etc). We were away from the motorway side, but rooms nearer it would be able to hear the busy traffic. Pool area was nice, complimentary wine in room. However, really not worth the money.

Expensive - Courtyard Like

by TripAdvisor Member MJS10

Just returned from a three night stay (Nov 1 - Nov 4), and found the hotel not worth the money.

1. Small room with little more than a motel feel
2. Dark with little to no light
3. Paid for a premium upper level....away from 29 room...it had zero effect...heard the road noise all night...heard the people in the rooms next to us every time they stepped on the stairway.
4. Work out room very small and filled with machines circa 1980.
5. Tennis courts were nice
6. Breakfast..very nice...but after 2 days you want a change
7. Room service menu is basically a hamburger
8. Requested turn down service come after 8pm...they never showed back up...only brought bottled water on 1 of the 3 nights
9. Conceriege basically read vineyards from a book and had little to no personal experience...was never around when I went to look for her.

Net/net...way too many negatives for $500/night during peak times. I expected service more in line with a true 4 star hotel. It wasn't terrible, but more in line with a Hilton/Marriott/Sheraton and not the Mandarian/4 Seasons/St Regis/Ritz...which it charges in line with.

I will pay the extra $100 night for Meadowood/Calistoga Ranch/Auberge on my next trip.

Wineries that are great tours:

1. Schramsberg - must

1. Cakebread
2. Stags Leap Wine Cellars
3. Miner
4. Plumpjack

As Seen From the Vineyards in YountvilleAs Seen From the Vineyards in Yountville

Entrance to the Tasting Room and Gift ShopEntrance to the Tasting Room and Gift Shop

Warm Shrimp SaladWarm Shrimp Salad

Very UpscaleVery Upscale

Napa Valley Railway Inn

by GUYON

Any personal experience of this accomodation ?
The Summer price seems to be high.
Is there a breakfast ?
Thanks

Re: Napa Valley Railway Inn

by madamx

My sister-in-law stayed there a few years ago, and said that the rooms, which are converted railway cars, smelled like fuel and that her room wasn't that clean. However, I don't know if things may have changed since then.

Re: Napa Valley Railway Inn

by MsLinzLou2

Hello,

The Napa Valley Railway Inn is very nice. Back in 2001 it changed owners and has been updated. It is the most affordable hotel in Yountville---and is in the best location.

Lindsey