2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

West Miner St, YrekaWest Miner St, Yreka

Travel Tips for Yreka

Many, many years ago

by counsel14

"I spent two weeks in and around Yreka"

I went in search of a friend's mother who was living there at the time. I found her and ended up staying with her. We spent the two weeks just driving around and checking out all the cool places to visit in this northern California town. We spent two days just following the river road and taking pictures of the wildlife and the river. it was so beautiful!
I spent one full day just sitting on the side of the road watching the weather change and the people drive by. It was a town known for the motorcycle club that was based there, and for the VFW bar and grill. They had the largest hamburgers I've ever seen in my life for less than one dollar (that tells you how long ago it was).
I loved seeing Mt Shasta in the distance, and it seems to me to be still the most beautiful mountain I have ever seen.

"the statue"

There's a statue of a miner and his mule in the center of town (at least there used to be). I thought it was really interesting and ended up with a dozen different shots of it from several angles. This is the best one.

"Mt Shasta"

To me, this is the most beautiful mountain in the world! When I was in yreka, it was early November and the weather changed daily. it snowed while I was there, and as a southern Ca girl at the time I was unprepared for the cold. I remember seeing these clouds and thinking how beautiful, then that afternoon it snowed all over the place!

Comments