Americas Best Value Inn

Travel Tips for Yucca Valley

Places To See In The High Desert

by Krokus

"Yucca Valley, The Town"

Yucca Valley. I used to look forward to my adventures there. It's near the Joshua Tree National Park, The Twenty Nine Palms Marine Corp Base, and Palm Springs.The whole area is intriguing to me. I go there often, and each time I have a different experience.You must like to explore, or Yucca Valley will quickly bore you. Having a Four Wheeler, Motorcycle, or Miata is your best bet for exploring the desert.

"Joshua Tree National Park"

Joshua Tree National Park, if you get the chance, go there.It is magnificent. It is where the High Desert meets the Low Desert.It is where life remains as it has for centuries.But, it will not last, this awesome display of earth's history
is in danger.Smog from Colorado's Coal Burning Electrical Plants and Los Angeles Cars,ebb away the clarity and freshness of the air here each and everyday.Joshua Tree National Park is in of course Joshua Tree, near Twenty Nine Palms and Yucca Valley.You pay one entrance fee, I think it's about $10.00 U.S., and you can re-enter the park free for the next 7 days.

"Pinto Basin"

Pinto Basin is a dry lake bed.This is where I went one day after Marie and I got lost and ended up at the Salton Sea.Once pointed in the right direction by a Park Ranger, we found our way to the Cotton Wood entrance to Joshua Tree National Park and traversed the basin in my Explorer.Along the way, we explored old residences and enjoyed the freedom and beauty of the desert. Stopping once to stretch my legs, I found an old artifact.

Comments