905 E Hopkins Ave, Aspen, Colorado, 81611, United States
Hotels.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Aspen

View of Aspen From ButtermilkView of Aspen From Buttermilk

"Aspen Mountain (Ajax) Gondola""Aspen Mountain (Ajax) Gondola"

Questions about Aspen

by beatchfre

Hi guys,

I live in Santa Fe, NM and my parents will be visiting me from Scotland in a few weeks. I'd like to take them on a wee road trip up to Colorado - the places that I'm looking at are Aspen, Telluride, and Ouray. I've been to Denver, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, and Durango so I'm kinda familiar with the roads... and the amount of deer/elk that I can expect to run in front of me :-)

My old man really wants to go to Aspen - I think he's watched too many movies and expects to bump into Hollywood's A-list. None of us ski! Well, I can ski, but I can't stop. We're not looking for fancy museums or art galleries - just nice pictureseque towns, with some local shops, decent bars with live music, not too expensive*. What would be your order of preference for our trip...

TRIP 1: Drive from Santa Fe->Silverton->Ouray->Telluride->Santa Fe (2 or 3 nights).
TRIP 2: Drive from Santa Fe to Aspen (2/3 nights).

If TRIP is the preference would you recommend spending both nights in Telluride, both nights in Ouray, or one in each?

Thanks in advance for any replies :-)

Cheers,
Lee

* by expensive, I mean I don't want to spend more that $200 on a hotel room and $50 a head for a meal.

Re: Questions about Aspen

by gfinesilver

I'm from Aspen and I can tell you that your first itinerary looks more interesting. When are you going? there won't be too much going on in aspen at this time as it is pre-ski season really. but if you want quaint, interesting towns, silverton, ouray and telluride have more of that aspect then aspen does i think.

Travel Tips for Aspen

A Great Place For Coffee, Salad or a Sandwich!

by tetonski1 about Zele's Cafe

This place is where I spent the most time off the hill. Whether stopping in for breakfast coffee and pastry, or for lunch at their outdoor tables facing the mountain; you must visit Zele's.

Zele's has two locations in Aspen. One is called Zele's Cafe which serves meals and has outside tables . The other location called Zele's New Music Cafe, is smaller and doesn't serve any meals. It's more of a music store with coffee on the side. There is a live music, as well as a D.J. who blends smooth New Age tunes through the speakers.

A great side benefit of both Zele locations is that they offer free wireless for your computer. Their organic coffees are wonderful. They are grown without synthetic herbicides, insecticides, or fertilizers.

They also have lots of yummy sandwiches, soups and salads.

Comments