315 E Dean St, Aspen, Colorado, 81611, United States

The St. Regis Aspen Resort
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• breezydallas's Profile Photo

This Hotel is What Aspen is All About!!!!

This same hotel was formerly the Ritz Carleton, Aspen. They recently had sold it to St Regis a few months before our stay there. The hotel is at the base of Ajax Mountain and you could see the ski runs from our balcony. The service was second to none and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone going to Aspen!!!

Unique Quality: The spa at the St. Regis was like heaven at the end of a long day of skiing and the heated pools and hot tubs are a party no matter what time of day or night you are there!

The apres ski lounge got us into HUGE trouble one night but in a very good and very fun way (we had too many drinks and had to get up VERY early for skiing the next day...zzzzzzzz)!!!

The live music made it a very festive atmoshpere and each night we had tons of fun into the wee hours of the morning!!!!

The views in the evening from our balcony were absolutely splendid! In the evening the sunset would turn the bright white snow every shade of pink and blue imaginable.

At night, the kids loved watching the snow plow's lights cris-cross back and forth across the mountain likes fireflies.

Directions: It was at the base of one of the ski areas and within walking distance to any restaurant or shopping.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

St Regis

Personally, I don't see how the Hotel Jerome can beat this place. Since this was the off (or pretty dead) season, I got a great deal. And since there were about 4 other people staying here that night (Aspen really shuts down around Memorial Day) a great room as well.

Unique Quality: The views are spectacular and the service is top notch,

• BeckyL's Profile Photo

Act like your a guest

We were actually staying in a condo across the street, but my sister and I went into the lobby and sat by the fire anyway. At first it was a little stodgy, but then some ladies across the fire from us told us that we had to have a picture of us sitting there. They were super nice and the fire felt sooooo good.

Directions: Monarch and Dean, towards Ajax/Aspen Mountian.

More about St Regis Resort Aspen

amazing hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member mike1742

I travel 200 days a year and have stayed at properties all over the world. This hotel ranks in the top 5. The service amazing, the location perfect, gorgeous hotel a must stay when in Aspen. Starwood members rejoice a great place to stay.

Great Service at the St. Regis

by TripAdvisor Member sjben

My husband and I just returned from a week at the St. Regis in Aspen, CO and we both enjoyed our stay immensely. The service was great- we rented a car and when the valet brought the car up- he actually wiped the car down and cleaned the windshield for us. The ski valet's were helpful too- they will carry your equipment or drop you off at the Gondola. Also, if you are a good skier/physically fit you can take a short walk behind the hotel and grab the Shadow Mtn chair up onto Aspen/Ajax Mtn as well.
The concierge was helpful getting dinner reservations and emailing me an itinerary before arriving at the hotel. We had breakfast included with our stay- it was very good- We had both menu items and the buffet-- try the chocolate chip scones- they were delicious. We stayed on the Alpine floor that has a lounge with goodies throughout the day and its own concierge- that was nice too if you needed a snack or directions. The spa was beautiful with an oxygen bar -free if you buy a spa service. It also has a unique indoor coed relaxing pool with waterfall. Massages are customized to your needs. The guest rooms are nice with flat screen TV's and marble baths, 100% cotton linens. The bar area/lobby is cozy with large sofas and fireplace with nightly jazz. A nice place to get an after dinner drink or dessert. All in all this hotel stay was a pleasure- service was stellar, good location, well maintained- I would recommend staying here.

Really liked this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kathryncee

My husband and I, along with another couple stayed here 3/31-4/1 for a long weekend. REALLy liked this hotel alot. It was spotless and a great atmosphere.

Highlights:
- Great bar, wonderful spa, excellent location, clean, good breakfast, concierge very helpful, front desk very nice and accomdating.

- The only real criticism I had was the rooms were slightly smaller than I expected. I have stayed at other St. Regis hotels where the rooms were very luxious.. this was a bit more basic, same with the bathrooms. Other than that, I found the valet staff pretty unfriendly- however, the rest of the staff that we encountered were exactly the opposite.

Would stay here again!

I don't like feeling ripped off

While my husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the St Regis, we were greatly dismayed about one thing--the breakfast. We opted for the buffet, instead of a la carte, and all I really wanted was some cereal and toast. The buffet was certainly below average, nothing special--the usual eggs, meats, pancakes, fruit, etc. My pancakes were literally so hard that I could not cut through them with a butter knife. They were pure rubber. Nowhere was the price listed for the buffet--no signs, not on the menu. You can imagine our shock when the waiter (well, all he did was pour us some juice) brought us the check, and the total was $56 for the two of us (plus a tip puts us over $60)!!!!!! Can you imagine? $60 for breakfast, and not even a good one at that! This was purely an example of the hotel taking advantage of the fact that most of their patrons are quite wealthy, and would probably not sniff at this amount. I was highly aggravated by this. There is no justification for charging such a ludicrous amount. So my advice to all who would consider staying there--Yes, the grounds are beautiful, and the service quite attentive (and you're in Aspen, for crying out loud, what could be better than that?)--JUST DON'T EAT BREAKFAST THERE (or order a la carte, it comes out to be cheaper). There are wonderful little cafes in the town that will feed you better, and charge you much less.

A common deception in the hotel industry

We checked in for a three day stay and discovered that the hotel was renovating the courtyard. The result was a continual cacophony of jackhammers and cement saws. This was not mentioned to us when we booked. We received a reduction in our room rate, but a hotel with the aspirations of the St Regis should not attempt to pull a fast one on its guests. The rate reduction really was not the point: if we had known about the construction we would have stayed elsewhere. They can't be trusted! Moral: always ASK specifcally if there is construction.

Total Experience Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member PlanforFun

We enjoyed a 3 day weekend at the St. Regis and were thrilled with the accomodations. Like many people on this site, I travel quite a bit and have the privilege of traveling to 5-star resorts for business on a monthly basis. I'm happy to say this trip was for pleasure, and it didn't disappoint.
Being early June our visit was still during their "quiet" season, so things may be a little different during the busy season

Hotel Staff- The valet and bell staff were friendly and efficient, but didn't come across as impatient or stressed. I'm sure they're used to receiving tips, but they definitely hide it well. Not once did someone stand around for a few extra seconds "waiting". In fact, I had to call one guy back over so that I could tip him.
The front desk staff was friendly and said hello by name when we passed by the desk throughout our stay.
Concierge desk was on the ball. They made several arrangements for us in advance, kept in touch by phone and email and provided ongoing documentation for changes.

Sleeping Rooms - a bit smaller than most ski resorts, but well planned. Decor is surprisingly urban which isn't my favorite, but it managed to work pretty well. And I have to say, after 3 days of mountain and western decor everywhere else, sometimes the room was a nice reprieve.
Rooms were well cleaned, housekeeping was consistent.
Most importantly, the rooms are very quiet. I confirmed that we had people staying on either side of us and I never heard anything bleed over from either room, including our adjoining door on one side. This is pretty unheard of for me.

Remede Spa -
This is without a doubt the first or second best spa I've ever been to (Grand Wailea 2 years ago was previously my first choice)
Like most spas, they have a relaxation room and other included features. UNlike most spas, they make it easy to take advantage of. Following my treatment, my therapist guided me to a seat, gave me a blanket and took my drink order! They also provide crackers, cheese, cookies etc.
Other great spa features - Oxygen Lounge which your therapist or attendant will also help you out with, hydrotherapy - including a co-ed section so bring your bathing suit.

The spa also prides itself on "customizing" to each person with no extra charges. I wasn't really sure about this leading up to it, it felt kind of Plain Jane to just reserve a "massage" without knowing what extras might be offered. But when I met with the therapist, we discussed what massage techniques, areas of focus and then they offered a paraffin foot dip, scalp therapy and choice of essential oils. I took them up on all three since there was no additional cost.
My husband also commented that he felt very comfortable in the spa - it seems to be more "male friendly" than other spas I've been to, and the decor is also more neutral than most.

Dining -
We did not dine at St. Regis because there are so many options within walking distance.

Pool - we didn't use the pool, but did step out there and looked around. Several hot tubs to choose from and a beautiful courtyard.

I'd like to try out some other places in Aspen, but I don't think I want to miss a chance to stay at the St. Regis again!

Fantastic Hotel! (Just Skip the Restaurant)

by TripAdvisor Member brokenblueguitar

The St. Regis was absolutely stunning! My new husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon and were extremely impressed with the hotel, our suite, and the service. The staff was extremely friendly, very helpful, and always addressed us by name. The suites are impecable and are so cozy, you don't even feel the need to leave. The setting takes your breath away. The only critique that I could offer would be to skip the restaurant if you're looking looking for more value for your dollar. Although the service is fantastic, portions are small and costs are high - it was extremely easy to spend $60 for breakfast and well over $100 for dinner. There are several fantastic restaurants in town that have exceptional service and are more cost-effective. Other than that, it was a fantastic experience. I'd truly recommend the St. Regis to anyone!!

Comments