136 E Thomas Pl, Beaver Creek, CO 81620

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Outstanding Resort

by TripAdvisor Member KCMaryland

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek in Colorado. From the moment we entered the resort to the time of our departure, the service was outstanding. All of the employees were very accommodating and friendly. The resort itself is stunningly beautiful, with it's use of natural wood and stone everywhere. The food was excellent and there are alot of choices within the hotel from which to choose. There is a large heated outdoor pool and six outdoor hot tubs with views of the mountain. Our room overlooked the outdoor ice rink, located in the village square, and had a nice sized balcony. The village is very quaint and has a Europeon feel to it. There are many restaurants and shops located right outside your door in the village.
The Park Hyatt is truly a ski-in ski-out resort. There is a lift just opposite the ski deck where the employees help you with your skiis and boots. The mountain itself is very skiable for all levels. Even the novice skier can start from the top of the mountain at 11,000 feet and ski all the way down to the bottom. We like to ski on open cruising trails and this mountain has an abundance of them. We skied all of the mountain areas that stretch across many miles. The conditions were excellent with trails that were groomed, as well as those left with deep and fluffy powder.
This resort is top notch in every way. It is very expensive and will not fit everyone's budget. But if you get the chance to go for just a few days, it is well worth it. We will definitely go back to this resort in the future!

If you have the money...

by TripAdvisor Member AlBeter

Don't get me wrong, if you have the money or are staying for business this hotel is unlike many others in the world. It is slopeside, the service is outstanding, people are beautiful and rooms are well appointed. That being said, its very expensive.

The hotel staff will store your skis and boots for free and have them ready for you in the morning (boots will be warm). They also come out to the trail and step you out of your bindings. Pretty impressive.

Outdoor fire, hot tubs, library, real fires in beautiful fireplaces everywhere. Great hotel and the price shows. I paid ~$250 a night for a conference but mid-season I think the rooms are at least twice that. Worth it at $250 but unless you're really rich anything above that and the value is lost. The Charter just down the road is where I would stay with my own money mid-season.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wareagle77

My wife and I stayed here Feb. 2006, and let me start by saying Beaver Creek as a whole is very impressive. It's a private, unique resort with short lift lines.

After staying in some fine resorts, I was very disappointed in this hotel. My wife thought I was overreacting, but the customer service was poor and snobby. The food was also ridiculously overpriced in the hotel and we are used to pricey items.

The hallways were dimly lit which is a huge pet peeve of mine.

All in all, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I do not rec.

I will also save you the time of traveling to Beano's Cabin. FREEZing trip to the top of the mountain on the sled (we did know what we were getting into) and the food was very average.

Had a wonderful off-season stay

by TripAdvisor Member ColoradoAlison

Had a wonderful off-season stay, booked through the Hyatt's main website (so not through any vacation point club, etc... but as a regular hotel).

I was checked in promptly by friendly staff, and given a King room facing the courtyard. Really lovely room. The bed was a feather-top bed, extremely comfortable. Nice touches included two robes with slippers in one of the two closets; wicker baskets for laundry, towels, etc; digital scale in the bathroom; nice sized and quality bath products including a loofah; nightly turndown service which included chocolate covered toffees; and a rheostat by the bed that controlled the overhead fan.

Since it was the off-season, nothing in Beaver Creek was open, including restaurants... so I spent the entirety of my three days, two nights at the hotel. Room service was sent promptly and the food was hot and good, no complaints there. Food here is expensive, but that is to be expected at a resort.

Spent one full day at the spa, and it was the best spa I've ever been to hands down (and I've been to multiple ones). Nice touches included dried fruit in the waiting rooms, no one trying to sell you product, and warming racks for your robe while getting a treatment done. The Aqua Sanitas ritual walkthrough is incredibly relaxing, I highly recommend it even if you're not booking a treatment. The spa has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation, and it shows... everything felt new, clean and luxurious.

Finally, on the last evening we ate at Bivan's, the restaurant's hotel. It was a bit pricey for what you got, but no complaints about the taste or preparation of it. I would imagine that if you were here not during off-season, an off-property restaurant would be a better choice.

I would definitely return, but it would depend on the cost of the room. My off-season rates were $129 and $150 for each night, and I wouldn't pay more than $200 a night for the room.

Comments