Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch

Wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member Golfpards

We travel quite a bit and always try to stay at a top quality hotel. We just spent 4 nights over Labor Day and the experience was unmatchable. The room and bed were very comfortable and enjoyable to spend time in. The spa was first class (try the hot stone massage!)..

The service was top notch

The restaraunt was Ok and a bit disappointing. However, there are great restaraunts all over the area.

A great place to Chill out!!

Memorable and outstanding!

We love Ritz-Carlton hotels and this one was the best so far! The hotel is a masterpice of architecture, the concierge was extremely helpful, the entire staff was very nice and breakfast at Remington's is the best (specially the corn flake crusted french toast.) The grotto at the spa is a must-do and hot chocolate and marshmallows at night by the firepit is also a must. Very family-oriented but upscale. We can't wait to go back!!!!

Pretty Hotel, remote location

by TripAdvisor Member Mike_the_traveller

The Ritz Gulch is definitely above average. You get alot of personal attention at the property and the staffs has been professional and willing to help. The service is topnotch.

As far as the property goes, its very very pretty. Ski-in, ski-out location but far and removed from the Beaver Creek village.

The spa is increadible, and I've been to alot. Clean, spacious, and offer alot of opinions. The rooms are large and clean, but most hotel rooms are locationed on the 2nd floor (which provides no views whatsoever). The upperfloors with the views of the mtns are pretty much all reserved for private residences only. So don't expect to get a nice view here.

The breakfast selection is poor. Buffalo bar which provides continental breakfast does not really do well when it comes to hot breakfast (just about 3-4 selections of hot food). The breakfast to order at Remington is very expensive.

Great hotel with amazing Spa

by TripAdvisor Member CoTravelsalot

We have stayed at the Ritz In Beaver Creek many times. We love the isolated atmospher of the hotel, yet it is not far from excellent dining and activities. The gym and spa are amoung the best for a mountain hotel. The satff is always very responsive to our needs. Our children love the nightly fire with marshmellows to roast. It is best to bring your own Hershey bars and grahm crackers if you want smores!

Pretty close to great, just a couple of issues...

by TripAdvisor Member tomdarien

We just returned from a week at the Ritz Carlton -- it was me, my wife and my two boys, age 7 and 5.

Overall, I would say that the vacation was great. The hotel is beautiful, the service is generally great and the location is perfect for skiing.

I went into the trip a little apprehensive based on some of the reports below, but overall we are planning on going back. Here's a rundown of my thoughts:

Room: The rooms are very comfortable. We had two rooms overlooking the mountain. The beds are very comfortable with featherbeds and frette linens. However, there was only one sink in each bathroom -- two should be expected in a hotel of this level.

Dining: We found the food to be generally good, but expensive (although not anymore expensive than any other 5 star resort.) I can understand the complaints from people over the $16 pancakes, etc -- but this is the price point at that level. The service was generally quite good and the staff was enthusiastic, but sometimes a little slow. I would blame inexperience over anything else there. One night they make a mistake on my wife's order in Remington’s and was quick to solve the problem. Each morning, my wife would order a number of double espresso for breakfast -- by the third morning, they were waiting for her as she sat down. Overall, thumbs up to dining if you forget about the prices.

Kids Club: Each day we would send our kids to the kids club and ski nanny (they take your kids over to beaver creek and check them in for ski school and then pick them up.) IF YOU HAVE KIDS, USE THE SKI NANNY -- IT IS GREAT. My kids loved going down each morning. They would play games before going off to ski school and then they watch a movie, play games in the afternoon. When we would come to get them, they didn't want to leave. The staff in the Kids Club is the best staff in the hotel.

Spa: My wife and I would go to the grotto after skiing. It's a hot pool (without the bubbles and the excessive chemicals.) It was very relaxing and took away the days aches. Book treatments in advance if you are going during a busy period -- my wife had a quick massage and it was ok for her.

Concierge: This is the one negative about the trip/hotel. I spoke with the concierge one morning about dinner reservations for that night. She recommended one place and was going to get back to me confirming a reservation. When I had not heard anything by 3:00, I checked in with another concierge and he treated me like I was an idiot because the restaurant did not open until 4 and they couldn't confirm until then. At 6:45 when we left to go to Beaver Creek, I stopped by to see what the status was. Same guy tells me that they left me a message telling me no luck on a reservation -- when I told him there was no message on either rooms voicemail, he looked at me like 'Well, too bad.' No apology, no attempt to find another reservation for us. He definitely gave me the impression that if you weren't ordering extra services (tours, cars, etc.) from him, he could care less. My advice is that if you need something, handle it yourself.

Ski Concierge. Another area that is fantastic. I shipped my skis out in advance and when they were sent express mail, they were left in the local post office. The Ski Concierge sent someone into town to pick them up Friday afternoon so they would be ready for Sunday skiing. Each day, they were ready with our boots and then shoes at the end of the day -- they definitely made an effort to provide great service.

Front Desk. Had a mixed encounter with the front desk. I was paying for the rooms with Amex Membership Rewards points. After the first night, I saw that the regular rate was being posted to my account, with no offsetting credit. When I spoke with the guy at the front desk he said he would take care of it. On the last night, I checked in again, and it was not taken care of. The second guy was very apologetic and stayed with it until it was solved. When I checked out the last morning, the first guy checked me out. He definitely gave me the impression that he could really care less about his job and that it didn't matter to him.

Front Door. The doorman who was there both when we arrived and left was another guy who could care less about his job -- was really only there to collect the tip you felt obligated to give him by his standing in front of you until he left. On the last morning, I asked him to send someone up to my room to collect our luggage while we ate breakfast and that our car would be there at 8 and let them know that we were coming out at 8:15 or so. When I get out there at 8:15 our luggage is still sitting on the luggage rack, not packed up in the car. In addition, there was some confusion regarding our ski boots. He knew we were inside eating breakfast -- I would have expected him to come in and ask about it. Clearly he was not going to load anything up in the car until I was there to see it happen to tip him.

Overall, a pretty good visit. The majority of the staff (probably the full time Ritz Carlton trained staff) is very responsive and aims to provide excellent service. The excess staff that is probably only there for ski season and are in the area to ski and use this job to pay the bills is horrible. But, I think you see that anywhere in Colorado.

We plan to return next year.

Comments