Black Forest Hotels

• 850prc profile photo 850prc
  • Reviews: 1195

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Black Forest Bed and Breakfast: A comfortable B&B in Black Forest

We spent three nights at the Black Forest B&B. It is a rustic, but comfortable, place run by the Putnam family. (Rex, Susie, Faith and Alan)

The rooms are heavily geared towards the rural west, exposed log beams, some clawfoot bathtubs, etc. But, there are modern amenities, including DISH network television and microwave/toaster oven facilities. A washer and dryer unit is available for free use by guests. The inn also has a small indoor lap pool, and a sauna.

It's a nice rural location, first and foremost. You can easily walk (1.5 miles) to the center of Black Forest.

The B&B is a good financial deal, and the innkeepers (the Putnams) are very nice people. I especially appreciate Susie's willingness to let me hit her DSL internet connection. Thanks!

There is only one negative comment...... as I mentioned on the main Black Forest page, development is about to destroy Black Forest. I'm not over-reacting, folks. I am very conservative politically, so I am not apt to knee-jerk hatred of developers or change. But, Black Forest will be gobbled up soon by the spread of Colorado Springs. The Putnams, in my opinion, are (like others in the Forest) considering the future. I believe that they are/were somewhat distracted from the immediate task of running their B&B, with many other "irons in the fire", so to speak.

So, there were several times that little things were missed........emptying the room trash, meeting us upon our arrival. (we found the key ourselves and just moved in) In short, it's clear that the Putnams have other things on their mind, and it sometimes affects the level of service at Black Forest.

BUT, you'll never find nicer folks, and we still enjoyed our stay.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written June 26, 2004
Tip Photo

Check out the nifty claw-footed tub!

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful